The Excorsist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
This really scary movie is called by most people the scariest movie of all time.Now a Fourth movie is coming out and will it make a turn for the worst of better?

Evil Dead
oh lord.......

- shakes head / walks away -

BidMyBlood2Run
worst

h0ck3yh0rr0r
*sigh*....

xblanex
i hated the first one. and i am prob the only one

h0ck3yh0rr0r
its not a movie that you would watch a lot of times and say its still good.

BidMyBlood2Run
why'd u hate it?

slayer
I didn't hate it but I thought it could have been better.

loserib
i thought it was funny

ragesRemorse
The original was a good pshycological movie. That wasnt afraid to break the rules. Infact it's achievments,and controversial allowed for alot of movies to be made. The rest are just..well not even worth mentioning. The third had desent scenes, but the movie as a whole sucked. The fourth will follow the suckness of the sequals

Punker69
I dont know with a bigger bud

Punker69
I dont know about any of you with a bigger budget than the first 3 films and and new graphics and cgi that they didnt have in the seventy`s i think this movie will turn heads litteraly and make a turn for the best.

BackFire
I never cared much for The Exorcist, vastly over rated.

Punker69
It wasnt overated its a really scary movie with mindblowing visual effects for that time.

BackFire
Not really, I never found it scary at all, most of it is really really boring, with a cool scene every 40 minutes. The only thing scary about it is the thought of watching it again....

Punker69
lol yeah its not the movie you watch over and over again its cool and scary the first time but not the second.

Punker69
Hey the reason I put scream 2 in my top ten horror movies of all time is because there was one part in it the made me jump and gasping for air and no other scary movie has done that to me.

xblanex
I think it just sucked

ivyem
freaky........

BackFire
It never scared me, not even on my first viewing.

SlipknoT
I dont like any of the exorcist movies. The 1st one was overrated and boring. The sequels just plain sucked,and the 4th sequel will probably be just as bad as the others were.

Punker69
no theres just one second on it that made me jump and gasp for air me and my brother

Striel
I agree that the Exorcist is boring. When I rented it for the first time I was expecting a masterpiece and was disapointed. Maybe I just had too high of expectations. As for the fourth one, I didn't even get through the third one so who knows how the next one will turn out.

Punker69
yup we can ust wonder and wait till it comes out

dean7879
the exorcist is scary in my opinion....i believe that demons really do exsist and the fact that the film is based ona true story makes it even more frightening....

Stormeister
I havent seen the movie myself but I doubt I will if theres only one second on it that will make me gasp confused

Evil Dead
any addition to the shitfest that is the Exorcist series would have to be an improvement.............it can't get much worse.

zombieman
The fourth installment will be awful, probably no better than the second film. Without William Peter Blatty im sure they will have no decent material to work on.

tabby999
i hope they bring CGI in, to see if they can make the 4th one four times as bad as the first one, have 80 minutes of crap, then instead of a good scene, have a dancing jar of mayonaise (cgi'd of course).

Stormeister
laughing out loud

Stormy_Day

Stormy_Day

Stormy_Day
The urban legends about what went on behind the scenes of "The Exorcist" are nearly as legendary as the film itself. Seen as a "Hex Film" due to the accidental deaths, fires on set, and even mental breakdowns of the leading lady, Linda Blair. Some would go as far as to say that a demon was on set, waiting, watching, to make its move and cause more havoc. The rumours are honestly plentiful. Some say that anywhere between four to nine people died during the 15-month production. Jack McGowen just finished filming his small part when he died of a heart attack. Another rumour is that the man that Regan said would "die up there" during her mother's dinner party, was "accidentally" killed while filming. Other deaths were that of Max Von Sydow's brother and Linda Blair's grandfather. A crewmember that refrigerated the bedroom for the exorcism scenes, a night watchman for the set, and a cameraman's newborn child can be added to the list of phenomenal deaths as well. There were also notable spurts of strange behaviour and panic from cast and crew while filming. The future interviews with the makers of "The Exorcist" has had them admit that filming the movie was a creepy experience, and that they were more than a little jumpy. The biggest rumour of them all was the one about the set catching fire one night when no one was there. Apparently it still remains a mystery to this day what caused the fire, and it is thankful that no one was hurt. However keep in mind, a lot of these have been confirmed as merely rumours. Not only did the strange things happen on set, there were plenty more to come when the film was released. Screenings were filled with people vomiting, fainting, and breaking into hysterics. "The Exorcist" has proven to have some of the strangest audience reactions of all time. Mysteriously the death tolls rose in the areas surrounding Georgetown after the movie's release. Heart attacks were recorded all over the world during premiere screenings and a lightning strike destroyed a 400-year-old cross during the Italian premiere at the Metropolitan Theatre in Rome. Keep in mind that nothing was recorded after the 2000 re-release of the film. Linda Blair hasn't spoken much about her breakdown. Some interviews suggest that she blames her own "workaholic" tendencies. It is doubtful that it was related to any supernatural phenomenon. Other "cursed" movies include "MacBeth", "Poltergeist", "Rosemary's Baby", "Twilight Zone", and of course, "The Crow", all of these movies have their own little reasons for being "hexed".

taris9
new depiction of possession to music,pretty cool
at deeppossession dot com

Stormy_Day
What the f**k?

ragesRemorse
Theres just one thing you forget about, which makes a movie good. a Story

Stormy_Day
No point in replying that dude is restricted erm

Anybody read the article I post? confused

dean7879
too long son..i coudnt be bothered

Stormy_Day
Its really interesting smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.