I just got the 5 disc two towers edition....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Yeah, not only did I get it a week before release, but I got it for 18 bucks.

Glitch in the computers at work, it was priced at 18 bucks rather then 70 for some reason, so me and my manager capitolized on the oppurtunity and totally broke the rules.

Finally, I feel as though I screwed blockbuster, much like it's screwed me before..

Hypernova
Cool! That is so cheap. It is expected to be around AU$150 here!!

shadow link
but wasnt fellowship extended edition 60 or 70 AUD$

sheesh 5 discs even better!!!!!

personallly im wating for the extended edition super platinum box set coz it will have maximum special effects- like 14 discs and will probable be cheaper

but i dont know if i can wait that long, we already went out and bought fellowship video but thsats the video

mah
Or not.

Wow..that's damned awesome backfire, have you had a chance to peep it, if so: how is it?

Exa
COOL

nephalim27
70 bucks is just plain ridiculous...I don't know how i'm going to bring myself to spend that much money on one movie. I can't possibly imagine what they could fill 5 discs with, either.

Izz
I'm wondering about that too... They've pretty much told everything in the FotR extended edition. There will be some new things, but enough to fill a second extra disc?

BackFire
Not yet Mah, I'll be watching it shortly though, I got today off, no plans, I'll just sit back and enjoy two towers today.

The 5th disc is really cool though, It's all about the creation of Gollum, and it comes with a book and everything, really awesome.

BingaBonga
Amen. it shouldn't be that much, and why would you pay that much just to get it a week early, i know that it's cool getting it a week early, but still.... that's just dumb... i'd get it for 18 bucks though!

BackFire
Bah, the manager somehow found out I got it for so cheap and now she's going to try to make me pay the actual price. I don't even know if she can, since I paid the price set in the computer.

BingaBonga
that stinks

mah
Wow, a whole disc just for gollum.

Exa
Yes, the SEE has two discs for the film, two discs for specials (makingof etc) and one more disc just for Gollum... the edition with the gollum-disc also contains a gollum-statue and a rohan-necklace smile

Aragorn#1
wow i want and i want now damit, o well, but i m willing to spend almost any $ for lotr

Verity
Wow! Good for u!! I can't wait 'til the 18th!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Sifer
The gollum disc is just about the creation of the Statue (and the matching piece) you get with it. The First Extended Edition Behind the Scenes was for FOTR only, now they will be telling it for TTT...there is LOTS to tell big grin

Verity
Yikes!! Happy Dance ur making me nervous!! eek!

Hypernova
When do you think the platinum box set will come out?

Sorry, I was thinking of the Gift Set. For FOTR it was around AU$145-150

Now it makes sense why the statue that comes with the Gift Set is Gollum!

Exa
Platinum box...?

The Gift Set of TT will be far more expensive than FoTR, especially in Europe.

Hypernova
I hope not that much more expensive.

That was not the first time I heard about the Platinum box. Some guy at the vidoe store said one was going to come out sometime in the future which includes the complete trilogy.

Exa
Hm, I also heard about that, but I'm not sure if that's true.

I just heard about something similar with the soundtracks.

fini
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lucky lucky bugger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.