The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Curl_Up&Dye
Has anyone heard of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones?

http://www.alborde.com/images/bosstones.gif

They're an awesome punk/ska band from Boston that began in 1990 with the disc 'Devil's Night Out'. The Bosstones continued to create their own path with the following 'More Noise and Other Disturbances', 'Don't Know How to Party', 'Ska-core, the Devil & more', and 'Question the Answers'. They also released a short disc of punk cover songs called 'Where'd You Go'.

The band had a short cameo in the movie Clueless as the band at the party that Cher attended with Christian. They were playing the song "Where'd You Go".

This brings us to 1997. The band had a major success with the release of 'Let's Face It'. The song "The Impression That I Get" had major airplay and became a top 10 hit for the band.

In 1999, they released a live disc recorded at their annual hometown throwdown in Boston. 'Live from the Middle East' featured all the old favorites.
In 2000, with the release of 'Pay Attention' came with two singles that received widespread airplay. "So Sad to Say" and "She Just Happened" instantly became live favorites.

This brings us to present day. The band just released "Jackknife to a Swan" in 2002, and were touring Europe until this past July, when Ben Carr and his wife Laura had a baby boy.

http://www.bosstones.com/newsite/body.html#

The Mighty Mighty Bosttones Site

julibug
But of course! I like a little ska here & there.

Curl_Up&Dye
i wish more ska bands would get recognition. No Doubt used to be ska back in the day when they opened for sublime in orange county/anaheim, CA... aka up to and including 'Tragic Kingdom' (1990-1996/7)...then they turned into this pop marketing machine.

Lames.s.
Sublime had some good stuff. Too bad Brad Nowell o/d'd

Curl_Up&Dye
yah i know! i loved sublime, and still do

grymlock
love The Special!! that's the best ska band ever!!

cheers!!

Curl_Up&Dye
yes, they are so awesome. Less than jake is another goodie

el_barto
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllll
llllllllllllllll yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant believe im not the only one who knows about them they kick so much ass

Curl_Up&Dye
yessireee bob

SAtown_punk
Bosstones are awesome, but my favorite ska band is Mad Caddies. Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are also very good. Check out my ska thread.

Evil Dead
I used to listen to The Bosstones alot.......as a matter of fact I still have four of their cds......I just havn't listened to any of my ska in a while.

I always liked Skankin' Pickle........The Toasters were also mighty fine.

total metalhead
yes yes MMB's, Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are the best ska bands.

Evil Dead
That's a bold statement to make.........especially with bands like Ruder than You, Skankin' Pickle, and The Toasters out there.

Curl_Up&Dye
Reel Big Fish has live clips from the House of Blues on Comcast Digital Cable on Demand right now, I watched them last night, and it was f*ckin great

Bad Boy
I saw them support Sum 41 last year and they were pretty good, and i dont like ska!

SAtown_punk
I believe that Mad Caddies are the best Ska band around. But I haven't heard Skanin' Pickle, The Toasters, or Rude Than You. Might have to check them out.

amlap
ruder than you eek! you must be a philly folk. great band who reunited and is doing alot of philly shows! actaully they are prob one of my favorites.

as for the bosstones, they pretty much broke up. but thats always a good thig because they DID leave on a good note with a JacK Knife Through A Swan! evil dead i def recomend you to cehck it out, if your still interested in it anyway.

speaking of the toasters...im going to see them tomorrow with big d, should be a fun time since this is my first toasters show.

Satown_punk... you should really expane your ska knowledge. granite the caddies are good, but there are some many great bands that arent even listed here.

couple of my favs are
pietasters
ruder than you
specials
selecters
mephiskapheles
the beat
thats jsut to name a few

Jeff_Atello
MMB rule.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.