Matrix Revolution Opinion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BigC
Well, I went to see the Revolution yesterday, after reading many reviews that stated Revolution was 'sub-par, a let down, etcetera.' I was quite disgruntled with these reviews because I have a deep appreciation for the Matrix and Reloaded. Usually, the 'critics' do exactly that (to a movie) - they criticize! That's what they are supposed to do, consequently, I have found the majority of the time a critic doesn't like a movie..I do! Well, this time I'm afraid they were in the ball park. Matrix Revolution is good - that's all, good. Not great or fantastic or 'the benchmark for sci-fi movies!' It has excitement and special effects, along with the serious enforcement/ kick a** attitude from Morpheous and Trinity. Neo continues the confused but in control behavior but.... here is where Revolution lacks what the previous two didn't. Neo seems to have become weaker instead of culminating into "the One - super strong, butt kicking, indestructible, overcome all, showing even more super powers, gonna save the day - hero! I will not spoil it for those who haven't seen it with specifics. But, Revolutions just doesn't have the cutting edge emotional impact that the previous two movies afforded. I feel we were all awaiting Neo's evolution into what he had become in all of our spirits of thought - Neo was what everyone wants to be - saving the day without fear of fault. There were many other ways to end 'The Matrix' and even though Revolutions was good I am very, very sad to say it was anti-climatic. I was let down with the way the movie ended - something I have heard and read from far to many to think it is an isolated conclusion. Go see it, it provides the general enjoyment from seeing our three knights in action again - the battle for Zion is visually stimulating - make your own assessments - but, I feel if you are one who 'loved' the previous two movies you will be longing for your old flame. ~ cool

sandman
i see rev as a nesscary part of the story. granted i like Reloaded and matrix better. i don't dislike revolutions. they had to end it in a way where it didn't end. but the major plot of the Matrix R&R was resolved. the war is over.

anyway that's my $.03

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.