Forum: We did it!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SimplePriest
This just in:

'Matrix Revolutions' sets all-time record
Film squeaks by 'Two Towers' for five-day take

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Neo is indeed mightier at the box office than Frodo.

In a game of revision and counter-revision, the title holder for the biggest worldwide opening in history -- which has passed during the past few days from "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" to "The Matrix Revolutions" and then back to "Two Towers" -- is once again in the "Matrix" camp.

After adding in some late-arriving international grosses, Warner Bros. is now claiming victory for "The Matrix Revolutions," which amassed $202.8 million in its first five days since opening last Wednesday. That puts it slightly ahead of New Line's "Towers," which racked up $201.9 million in its first five days late last year.

So to all you hard core fans out there who went and saw it multiple times after it opened: Good Job. We did it folks. Notice that Revolutions won by only $900,000. Spread that across the globe and it doesn't count for much. Which means... each and every one of your tickets made a difference. smile Congratulations... The war is over

burlyman
big grin but ...ROTK... erm

GABRIEL05
as yoda said

"no, there is another"

slinger
I said this before but, let's kill those LotR fans.

SimplePriest
burly> Dang it!! you're right. Well... we better enjoy it while it lasts.

*guess I won't really be helping much since I'm sure I'll see ROTK at least twice*

GABRIEL05
Hey Paulie whoah paulie whoooaaahhh!

slinger
What does that mean?

GABRIEL05
eeeeaaasy paulie eeeasy does it!

-=Urot=-
LOL! YO!

priestjim
Damn I read the title and I thought Simple opened this thread to tell us that he opened a forum for the Matrix Online crew of this forum smile

Quote123
How many times will i have to repeat this?I had to get a new I.D. because i lost my password and email site and stuff.
"I thought the war was over?"
"That EMP you sent out knocked down all our defenses.If i were the machines i would send everything i had."
Matrix Revolutions is the end.
RoTk will continue LOTR.

burlyman
>>blink<<

dave123

dave123
and to think charities want me to GIVE them money? What the f**k?

MC Mike
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/teehee.gif

Quote123

MC Mike
Another dot... geez.

mailedbypostman

SimplePriest
priest> nope... sorry to let you down. I wish we had made it.

One day... one day...

***and BTW miffed I Used to be known as priest, But nooooo. Somebody had to come along and swipe my nickname. Personally, I'd rather call you jim. j/k wink big grin ***

The Omega
Simple> It's as easy as this: For every time your watch RotK you watch Revolutions! yes

No: LotR's ENDS with RotK (this meant for whoever made that peculiar statement up there).

As it says in the TMO trailer: "After the Revolution the Matrix will live forever."

MC Mike
"...and LOTR won't!"

Hahahahahaha...

I like LOTR but Matrix is definitley better...

SimplePriest
priest> Wait, now that I think about it, what do you mean open a forum? How can just a lowly person do that?? If I could I would. Also, as far as the website goes, I'd be willing to do whatever I can

LindsIsTightK
We might have done it for now, but LotR isn't done, Matrix is, so the chances of us keeping that title are very slim.

SimplePriest
Yup... In fact I'd say that our chances of keeping the title are zero. But, I didn't mean to put this as a big LOTR vs Matrix thing. I was just happy that Revolutions made it to the top of any chart. It just so happens that the former title holder was Two Towers. Oh well... it was cool while we had it.

The Omega
SimplePriest> Does it really matter? wink

Had it NOT beaten the box-office, the cynics would say "See, it's such a crappy movie, no one wants to see it."
Now that it did, I bet we'll hear "See, the WB's (Warner and Wachoskis) are ONLY in it for the money."

Korri
yay we rule!!

SimplePriest
Omega> Once again, you are right.

Korri
Omega is always right!! she is the Goderator!!

clavis9495
YEAH we love Omega

SHE CHANGED HER AVATAR!! OMG

Korri
yeah i noticed sick (no offense Omega)

Darkweaver
Last night on Coast To Coast AM with George Noory, he mentioned that Matrix Revolutions broke the box-office record as of yesterday. So did all those who say it didn't do as well as 'Reloaded' were wrong?

Korri
i never saw anything about it but i heard so

slinger
COME-ON-PEO-PLE-LET'S-KILL-THE-L-O-T-R-FANS

husky321
Revolutions only broke records because it opened in 109 different markets. LOTR opened in only 29 markets and had only $900,000 less. Had reloaded opened at the same time worldwide it would have made much more than revolutions. Revolutions is doing absolutely terrible at the box office.

GABRIEL05
As is expected. I knew it!

audioheem
Yeah I heard Revolutions is doing shit in the box office. I suppose Reloaded filtered the idiots out of the Matrix target market.

GABRIEL05
Or maybe people just didn't like the direction the trilogy went.

mindbugaling
i think thats what happened

GABRIEL05
Hell I wasn't that pleased m'self, but whatever shite happens.

sith_darth_jay
i'm with slinger in that, let's kill all the LOTR fans so that the movie won't beat revo's record (although that'll mean i'l have to kill myself cuz i'm goimg to see ROTK)

Ikobe
Holy kimichi, Batman! That's a lot of money. Almost enough to buy a large cage in which to entrap the objects of my desires... *schemes* You didn't hear that! Hahahaa! *runs off screeching into the night*

AI.

PS. Uh... yeah. Caffeine much?

burlyman
hey, i like LOTR too.... smile

Darkweaver
Yeah, a friend of mine just informed me on this and that's what made the difference. Here in the U.S., it's not doing nearly as well as expected. Word of mouth and the general disappointment in this film has hurt it tremendously. I know I'll be one who will wait for it on video before going back to see it again on the screen, unless of course it's IMAX. That's a different cup of coffee altogether. smile

GABRIEL05
poor matrix revolutions, poor wachowski's, poor Warner Brothers, poor fans, poor...OK I'll stop

freemind
I wonder what lotr would make if it was R rated like the matrix.

Ikobe
What, are you saying that's how it got so much money? It's highly-rated so obviously everyone'll want to see it?

Sounds right to me wink

Although I'm begging for Neo to come back and put that horrible little Disney fish in a tank and forget to feed it.

AI.

The Omega
Sorry, fellow forumites, but I have friends who're as insanely fan about LotR as I am about the Matrix movies.
Does RotK open on a zero-hour kind of thing? Here in DK it opens at 00:02 on the 17th of December.
And I'll be there. Same as last year. big grin

BackFire
It may have gotten more money, but the reviews are far less positive then TTT.

Just goes to show you that money doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to the quality of a movie.

MC Mike
Apology accepted - I like it too!

Verity
But still....it kicked a$$, and no matter what the dumb critics say, ppl r still flocking to see it! wink big grin

BackFire
Yippee, most of them will probably be disapointed too, seems to be the case with the majority of people.

Verity
Nah...Not really.....U might wanna make it look that way...But nah!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/no.gif

chica16
yeah i'm pretty sure return of the king will kick revolutions' ass

BackFire
Most likely.

Verity
Well...they r different movies!....Even the rating....http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/sneaky2.gif

BackFire
Well that didn't stop the person from making this thread, declaring some kind of pointless victory because of Revolutions making a million dollars more then Two Towers.

The Omega
Backfire> WRong. This thread was to "celebrate" revolutions hitting # 1 (which was accidentially previously held by TT. ).
Once again: Who cares if RotK beats Revolutions to #1? Is it necessarily a better movie because of THAT? No.

BackFire
Accidentally?

What? do you object to a good movie holding the title or something?

Yes, who cares if ROTK makes more then Revolutions, I agree money means nothing, but then that raises the question...Who cares if Revolution made more money then TTT?

Verity
Plus PG 13 has more access than rated R obviously....so the point is u can't compare!....It's like comparing "Finding Nemo" with the "Life of David Gale"! roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Omega

BackFire
It's easy to compare Finding Nemo and David Gale, Finding Nemo is much better, done and done.

Also the sole purpose of this thread was to brag about Revolutions making more money the TTT - thus comparing the two .

wow, yippee, do you know how often titles change when it comes to movie's making the most money. There's always records being broken.

The day Titanic broke Star Wars' record at the box office, is the day that proved once and for all that money doens't mean anything when it comes to the quality of a film.

The Omega

Verity
What the f**k? Obviously ur parameters r way off!...So it's pointless to argue this with u! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Obviously....Titanic did beat it because it WAS way better than Star Wars...But oh!...I forgot!....I'm talking to a person that likes Nemo better than a Spacey movie...roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Well, the last line of the first post of this thread states... "the war is over", like there was some kind of victory over TTT because Revolutions succeeded in the arbitrary task of making more money.

Saying that there was a 'war' clearly show's some kind of competition between the two films, at least in the opinion of the starter of this thread. That statement alone show's that the films were being compared, at least a little, because of the 'war' over the pointless money.

The Omega
Verity> I wouldn't exactly say Titanic was better than StarWars. It's hard to compare the two... It's like trying to compare Monsters Inc with The Hours.

Verity
Well, all wars r pointless...

dave123
yes

Verity
I believe so... big grin

Verity
I'm gonna go see it at the IMAX again! wink

BackFire
Most people will agree that Finding Nemo was better then David Gale

Nemo was actually one of the best films of the year, aside from 28 Days Later and Irreversible, which so far are the only movies to rival it.

The Omega
(Merging due to similarity of contents)

Verity
Maybe that's because it's easier for some ppl's limited brains to deal w/ a lost fish in the sea than something that involves taking political sides...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/disgust.gif

The Omega
How do you know that? Don't you think "most people" would be rather annoyed that you go ahead and make yourself their spokesperson?

You can speak for only ONE person. Yourself.

BackFire
Ah yes, politics, you really have to be a genius to have views on politics dont you? Look at George Bush, he know's political issues, but he's an idiot.

Verity
yes

The Omega

BackFire
Along with the many many other people that agree with me...

I am in no way being a spokesperson, I'm simply reminding everyone of the love that many many many people have for finding nemo, go look at www.imdb.com, look at the ratings for the two movies, Nemo's is way higher then David Gale, that alone shows that alot of people like Nemo better then David Gale.

Verity
Ur totally missing the point...and actually, if u wanna go there, he's not the one who even writes his speeches!..When I say "political", I'm referring to the capacity of an individual to have a point of view on the legal system of his/her country!...U don't have to be a president to think, or have an opinion! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Verity
I for one, don't agree with u...

The Omega
You are missing the point. You can only SPEAK for yourself and no one else. Maybe you wouldn't mind that someone else went ahead and spoke on behalf of you?
And that "many many people" like Nemo, does not give you the right to speak on their behalf. One person, one vote... Familiar with the concept?

silentfaf
umm matrix revoltution didnt beat two towers for first five days
revo 201.4 mil
TT 201.8 mil

chech it at the http://www.the-numbers.com/interactive/newsStory.php?newsID=431

Korri
eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.