Small Mistake...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MC Mike
If you notice the bubble of energy that forms in midair when they collide, lightning is on both sides of that. But doesn't lightning crawl UPWARD? It goes downward on that scene.

Quote123
Huh?

MC Mike
Yeah.. anyone who has something to say, please do... am I right?

dave123
i thought lightning went down....
dont make me explain using big words... like "electron".... just agree with me

The Unknown
Lightning goes down. When it strikes, it goes back up, creating bright light.

xeous
lol big words like electron? Particle is the same size, does it sound big too?

The Omega
Dave123> Lightening is a complex proc... Oh, I should just agree with you?
Hmm, that sounds like a good deal... big grin
For Neo's sake: Find a web-page on lightening.

Bhang
I think you all need a science class. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
clouds go together... blah blah.... become negative... blah blah.... attracted to the positive surface.... blah blah.... and its easier for electrons to move DOWN than protons to move UP

burlyman
omega> you used his name in vain!!! no expression

droopy1592
It goes both ways. Mostly down but the opposing charge will meet it 1/3rd of the way from the ground...

There is also cloud to cloud and cloud to air.

xeous
Who cares?

The Unknown
Xeous, this is a thread for the lightning part, so if you don't care, then don't come on here and post things.

JediHDM
Lightning can go both up AND down, if my science background and science olympiad knowledge is not failing me...

droopy1592
Yeah, why fight Xeous. Is it for love, hope, peace etc etc and all that stuff smith said.

xeous
This should end your discussion. Sorry for being a jerk, it's the least I could do...

http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/edu/ltg/

" US also produce strong upward motions and contribute to frequent cloud-to-ground lightning. There are also high frequencies along the Gulf of Mexico coast westward to Texas, the Atlantic coast in the southeast US, and inland from the Gulf. Regions along the Pacific west coast have the least cloud-to-ground lightning.

Flashes that do not strike the surface are called cloud flashes. They may be inside a cloud, travel from one part of a cloud to another, or from cloud to air. "

I read pretty much that whole article and that's all I could find about it. It's under "Where does lightning usually strike?"

What I got from it was that lightning only strikes from cloud to ground or from cloud to cloud...

xeous
And because I choose to.

JediHDM
"Lightning strokes carry up to 100 million volts of electricty and leap from cloud to cloud, or cloud to ground and vice versa. "

I got this off this page: http://www.mb.ec.gc.ca/air/summersevere/ae00s19.en.html

xeous
It's from Canada. Enough said! Jk...But blast you for finding a more informative site than me.

JediHDM
yeah, i was kinda wary of Canadian info, but it speaks the truth, so...nuff said.

EyeMakeMovies
omg... lets not forget people are FLYING! who cares if lightning goes the right way!?!??!

MC Mike
Haha... still a confused bundle! stick out tongue

JediHDM
i'm just saying, it doesn't matter which way it goes...

MC Mike
Yes, yes, I believe you... shifty

But these redneck professors down here ram "UPWARDS" into our brain... huh

JediHDM
yes, i know...it sucks, but professors are wrong a LOT...i had to prove to my third grade teacher that the moon rotates while traveling around the earth, cause she didn't believe me...and some teachers use textbooks that are so bad, they show things like, the equator going through Texas, and stupid stuff like that!!!

mailedbypostman
it doesn't go through Texas?

The One Himself
laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing laughing

mailedbypostman
Oh. Never knew that. *Gets map.* Close enough.

JediHDM
um...not even close to Texas...but good try

sith_darth_jay
OMG, really?... i can believe that. the equator goes through london right...right?

Ice_Lightningo3
Lightning? Who gives a shit? geek

The Unknown
The equator goes through Africa and South America.

mailedbypostman
Don't be dummies, the equator goes through antartica.Ne-o.

MC Mike
Okay... this has gone from Lightning Directions to Equator Locations after one little bump...

Whoa. blink

stinkfist462
*cough*its just a movie*cough*

The Omega

sith_darth_jay
thanks for saving the thread omega wink

JediHDM
WOO WOO WOO WOO *pumps fist in air* GOOOOO, GODerator!!!

MC Mike
Thank YOU! big grin

SimplePriest
what's an equator? blink

MC Mike
Some big word scientists made up - another form of control...

Whoa... blink

The Omega
(Runs after SimplePriest and MC Mike with an Atlas)
You guys make the forumites here LOOK BAD!!!! AHHHHHHHH laughing

MC Mike
Hey, I never said the equator passed through Texas or anything, it's just that geography, chemistry, biology - ILLUSIONS! VAGARIES OF PERCEPTION!

mook
i saw an actual mistake in M1 the other day.
when neo first meets morpheus there is a shot behind morpheus - watch his left arm - its switches from behind his back and by his side depending on which camera view we have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.