OK, NOW it is WAR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Looks like there are reports of Missile bombings in Kabul.

The White House has announced the beginning of "a new front on the war against terrorism."

The President is to make an address shortly.

jedi212guy
There goes the neighborhood.

Ushgarak
Well, looks like we are in for a long haul. No illusions about that.

jedi212guy
Very true. Very sad.

yerssot
this was our earth...

yerssot
got it from a site:

The US strickes back

Ratcat
Better hope that stories of Nuclear, Chemical and other weapons of mass destruction aren't accurate else the last thing we might end up seeing is the imprint of a mushroom cloud as it oimprents intself on the back of your retina, about a nano second before your entire body combusts...

yerssot
we can only hope...

finti
This attack is not a NATO operation though, British forces are in on it but that is all. Germany supported the attack the Norwegian government stay passive for the time beeing(cowards).
I hope the bombers find the targets that is supposedly the terrorist training camps, not the populated places within Kabul and Islamabad. This can get a bit more nasty than we want it to be.

Ratcat
Well, I think the previously made statements of support pretty much make this a NATO sanctioned operation. Comments on that anyone?

No one has come out against this attack yet, have they?

yerssot
it's an attack of the US only; maybe tommorow that's changed but not now

Ushgarak
Only the obvious people. It's good that the US struck fairly quickly becausre this unidied support wouldn't have lasted forever.

I wouldn't worry too much about mass destruction rumours.

Ratcat
That's incorrect, British ships have also launched cruise missiles according to the news.

As for the mass destruction things, yeah, I know, just wanted to raise a little alarmist fear. big grin

finti
If this should have been a NATO operation the US would have to notified all NATO members before the attack not through a press conference.

Ushgarak
Ah, alarmist fear... did you HAVE to be so graphic? I'll be thinking about that now...

Brits were bound to get in pretty quick. We were lucky enough to have our largest ever deployment since the Falklands just around the corner from Afganistan when all this began.

This is doing marvels for US/UK relations. They were just going downhill after Bush got in but now we are on a REAL high!

They say they are dropping aid to Afghan civilians as well. I really do hope they have a competent humanitarian side to this operation as well.

Ratcat
Hmmm, I don't believe for a moment that NATO members were unaware that this was going to happen.

I agree that this is a US/British operation right now, but I my belief is that it is a NATO sanctioned activity.

finti
So your concern is the US-Uk relations???????

yerssot
that's cruel!

Ushgarak
Hey, the change in US foreign relations is a very vital part of this whole thing.

finti
explain this frase then

Ushgarak
The closing in UK/US relations is a vital political outcome. It is difficult to overestimate its importance. Much of this would be impossible without a strong Special Relationship.

Raz
I agree with Ush. One thing beneficial is that the US/UK relationship has grown MUCH stronger.

BTW, finti - Islamabad is in Pakistan! Even Peshawar (in Pakistan) is closer than Islamabad to Afghanistan.

finti
Thanks for the correction RAZ i meant Jalalabad embarrasment

yerssot
as long as it is lala?

ToMacco
Bin Ladin, his Al-Quida and the Taliban have no reguard for human life. That's what scares me. I have no doubt the U.S. and it's allies will win, but I'm afraid Ladin will say "Okay, we're going down, so were taking some people with us!" Then Nuclear Winter. Although, I don't think bin Ladin has access to nuclear weapons at this time.

Death doesn't scare me. But what does scare me is that if I do die. I won't be able to SEE EPISODE II OR III!!!!!!!!!! sad sad mad sad embarrasment sad mad

Ratcat
And the second night of bombing is underway.

finti
I have my doubts on the bombing effect

Ushgarak
Maybe as much a matter of image as anything else at this point.

ToMacco
I think we're bombing right now to show the Taliban and Al-quida that we can hit them anywhere at any time we want to.

It was high time we did something. I beleive (but hope to god not) that there will be another terrorist attack on America. There are two cases of Anthrax in Florida, a virus that hasn't shown up in the United States for 25 years.

Then, suddenly, two people in Florida get it. Coinsidence? I hope so! sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.