Best actor in LOTR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
Who do you think the best actor in LOTR is? By best actor, I mean BEST actor, and not hottest. Sorry ladies.

I like Hugo Weaving. The Elf-king kicks ass. So does Agent Smith.

Phillywilly
I'll have to say everone who makes gollum to what he has become on the screen! Goodwork!

BingaBonga
that would be Andy Serkis.... but anyway, i think you all know who i like.... Viggo Mortensen, my lover, and Miranda Otto is cool too... and Christopher Lee, and Orlando Bloom, but not because he's just hot... he's also a good actor... Viggo is the best though! wink

BingaBonga
and i don't know if you could actually say there is only ONE best actor in lotr, lol, they're all so good....except for liv tyler stick out tongue lol but she does make a good elf, she looks like one.... if you know what i mean...

vvvrulz
NOT Orlando. smile
I'd say Sir Ian McLellan and Gandalf is the best.

Izz
I really like the actor of Boromir. He plays so convincing.

Camellia
Andy Serkis and his brilliant portrayal of Gollum and John for being so brilliant as Gimli!

(

fini
TWO WORDS...................OSCAR NOMINATION!!!

SIr Ian Mckellen wins HANDS DOWN

orlandoOYEA
I have two best actors. Sean Astin and Viggo Mortenson. They play their roles with such emotion and feeling, its amazing. I also love Orlando Bloom but ya know Sean and Viggo beat him.

Exa
There are so many "best" actors...
the really best for me is Christopher Lee - amazing work.
The one who perhaps best shows his character's problems and feelings is Sean Bean (Boromir)
Though I also think Cate Blanchett (Galadriel) is very good

Well, and Andy Serkis, he is simply - wow.

But I also think a lot of the others (like Sean Astin, Ian McKellen) were just perfect.

sauron
i dont think bloom is a good actor realy, in lotr he is overshadowed by sir ian mckellen viggo christopher lee

in potc he is overshadowed by johnny depp

I VOTE FOR SEAN BEAN AND SIR IAN MCKELLEN

Aragorn#1
Viggo or Ian... Ian...Viggo......IAN, he was great so was Viggo(NOT cuz hes hot!) i thought both played very well, ya i agree IAN

burlyman
Happy Dance ian mckellen and hugo weaving

mah
Sean Bean as boromir.

badkittykitty
I think I am crushing on David Wenham~ - Faramir
he is a doll!

johnnys#1 fan
Viggo as Aragorn,Sean Astin as Sam and Miranda Otto as Ewoyn those are my favourite!!!

BingaBonga
Viggo Mortensen is the best actor for Aragorn... and i think that he would have made a good Sirius in harry potter.... sorry that was a bit off topic, but he has that mysterious little thing to him...

Verity
God! I like them all!! But I have to say I love Sean Astin! I love how he's pulled off Sam!!

billyboyd4ever
sir ian mckellan and andy serkis

enya
there are soo many and i do love orlando bloom but his role in lotrs wasn't as challenging as others and didnt show of his talent

BUT i do love sean astin and elijah wood are so good togetha doing frodo and sam and there roles were very demanding and they make me cry

everyone has there moments though. sean bean was really good in fotr at the end

bill and dom are really funny as well and will be good to see them being more serious roles in the third film and we get a snippet of them in the second fiollm which was good

viggo is really good at the fighting and has a mysterious quality

andy serkis is soo good as gollum can u imagen how crap gollum if he was totally computer based and with some one else's voice

i cant mention them all there iz jus too many

dage8_8
I would have to say that Sean Astin and Viggo Mortensen. I think both of them are great in their roles.

JackSparrowLuvr
Sir Ian Mckellan
Sean Bean
Hugo Weaving
Christopher Lee
Andy Serkis (or however you spell it)

vvvrulz
Forgot Sean Bean, he played his part brilliantly. Somewhat underrated as an actor.

dori_fish
THE BEST ACTOR IN LORD OF THE RINGS....Well I'd have to say Sean Astin. Having to be the "Masters" faithful, loyal always optimistic side kick isn't all so simple. I also think that Viggo Mortenson, he is the main character if you really think about it,

Liv Tyler(I luv her.... not in that way, shes my role model... even if she is American),...just because she is brilliant, and DEFINATLY Orlando Bloom... three reasons, HE IS HOT... a BRILLIANT actor, and accurate with a bow and arrow.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
i think eligah wood and viggo mortenson(however ya spell it ) they were both really talented and i think everyone in the lord of the rings did a such a good job big grin

Dark_Queen
ian mckellen played a terrific gandalf-he really suited itsmile and andy serkis as gollum,cause that was probably the hardest character to do!

enya
i cant imagen any body else playin any of the characters, the casters did a verygood job

But they did mess up with a aragorn orginally didnt they, i really would like to know who played him B4 viggo, wasnt da orginal too young

enya
afta alot of finking (god it hurt) ive decided sean astins da best

oh yeah ad for ROTK video game just came on yeh again

BingaBonga
Sean Astin is awesome, Sam is so cool...cool

enya
he makes me laugh, cry and cry with laughter.

i love it when gollum calls him a stupid fat hobbit and his classic lines like wen frodo says im goin to mordor alone and sam replies of u r and im comin with u

enya
ps i soz but dis iz very off topic but does any one else like da music on da ROTK video game ad and the TTT traila

BingaBonga
Towers trailer is the best, and i think in the movie it has the best music i've ever heard, i love it when the ents take down isengard.. and when helm's deep has the victory, it's like flashing back and forth it's awesome

BingaBonga
i haven't played the rotk video game did they make aragorn hot? stick out tongue

enya
unfortunaly ive only seen da advert and all i can remember iz ugly old gandalf with a weird shape head but then again it would take alot to make aragorn look un fit

BingaBonga
you're right... good answer enya... good answer....angel

enya
LOTRs trailas are always brill. the ROTK one makes me cry coz i dont what happens that makes sam scream at the end (and i dont want to) and dat picture of merry and pippin OMG

soz for goin off topic rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing evil face evil face Happy Dance

BingaBonga
i'm going to cry when they show aragorn dying, well if they do, i mean after the task for destroying the ring is over ofcourse... but i mean like the arwen and aragorn love story, how he dies.... I won't cry when arwen dies... i'll laugh! laughing hehe stick out tongue

Verity
Binga> I don't think they'll go that far off into the movie...will they?

Bloom4ever
ill say Viggo n Elijah r the best, i mean it takes alot 2 b 1 of the main characterz in a movie as big as LOTR n theyre really great actors 2 o course.
And as for Bloom, k hes not as good as the others, definitely not, but he plays his character really good 2, its jus cuz he got a rather smaller part

Only 30 days, 3 hrs til rotk!

~Orli hasn't forgot we're together, he'll remember when he sees me~

Bulehen
my fave actors from lotr:
should it be
hugo weaving
ian mckellan
viggo mortensen
sean bean
sean astin
andy serkis
orlando bloom
marton csokas
mark ferguson
bret mckenzie
craig parker
brad dourif
or
karl urban

hmm, i'd have to say bret mckenzie, craig parker, marton csokas, orlando bloom, and hugo weaving, that is, figwit, haldir, celeborn, legolas, and elrond. and any other elves that are left unmentioned qualify as my favorites as well.

BingaBonga
they'll probably show like in all 5 minutes frodo and bilbo going off to valinor, aragorn eventually dying, and everyone's end... i'm pretty sure..

badkittykitty
I think it remains to be seen till all the footage is out.I hear Faramir and The Pelennor Fields is going to be astounding

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.