legal or ilegal? URGENT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chokobo
IN US IS IT LEGAL OR ILEGAL FOR FBI AND CIA THE CENSORSHIP OF MAIL AND THE TAPPING OF PHONES???

-URGENT-

Tired Hiker
I'm not sure, why?

Tex
They need a court order to tap your phone, as for censoring mail, I've never heard of that before.

Tired Hiker
Sounds like vigilantism, maybe a corrupt agent.

ragesRemorse
Actually i know this from expierence. The police have to inform you when they tap your phone. Even with a court order. As far as the FBI though I would pretty much bet that they can do what ever they want. My firends dad used to work for the post office. He said that the police can stop,search or intercept mail as long as they have probable cause.

Being that the mail service is a goverment run process. The FBI, or CIA could probably deffaintly do anything they want with the mail, seeing how they are at the highest rung of Govermental security ladder

BackFire
I don't know, I don't care. If you aren't doing anything illegal then you don't have anything to worry about.

finti
Usa land of the free roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

Tired Hiker
Norway land of Hobbits and Mordor roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin laughing out loud

Tex
Fish and cabbage is more like it! stick out tongue
evil face

Bhang
Homeland Security does not have to inform you of wire tapping...welcome to post 9/11

Fire
aaah well you guys approved that damn act, what was it called patriot act I think

Bhang
Not the voters if that is what you mean Fire.

Fire
nah the goverment did it, but in a democracy, which the US likes to call itself, the goverment normaly is the representation of what most of the country choose for, and thus NORMALY most of the country will agree with its decision. However if something like that were to be suggested in Belgium we'd have massive protest actions and I doubt they'd find a majority to pass that thing

Bhang
Yes, but no one turned your Transportation system into a massive killing machine either.

Fire
Ofcourse you can and must protect your own people. But at what cost?

Personaly I don't believe that the patriot act will make america much safer, but that is my personal opinon and I ain't an expert in this matter YET.

If you want to make your country safe, in the line of the patriot act you would have to make a kind of police state. In which the goverment can controle everything you do, and where the only freedom you really have is inside your own head, sounds very 1984 to me.

In a country like that I wouldn't want to live. I know I can't look into the future or anything like that but I seriously DOUBT the patriot act would be approved by the Belgian parliament even if we were attacked by terrorists in an attack that cost us 4-5000 lives.
We would be out-raged and devestated but I don't think we would give up human rights to allow the goverment to controle all of us.

The hardest thing to hit belgium in the last 3 decades was a pedofile case, back in 1995 (I think Storm, Yerss, anyone) the dutroux case.
At that time they were even considering to bring back the death penalty but they didn't.
Just so you know "the entire country" was in shock for months. but the goverment did not take any draconic measures or anything like that. They kept it relatively sane, and when some police agents or anything like that got blinded by enthousiasme (sp) there was always someone to call them back to sanity.

as said in the beginning of this post I doubt the Patriot Act was a good thing. In Fact if I were an american I WOULD BE out-raged that my country would have passed and act like that

ragesRemorse
If you care about the FBI tapping your calls. Then you deserve to have the FBI to spy on your conversations. because it means you are doing illega actions. Fire i hope your not comparing the american goverment to becomming a sort of 184 scenario. America is the land of the free, no other country like it. Of course we may have idiot's and greedy ass leaders in office, but it's still for the people by the people. It's the fault of the people the way the goverment is performing, this is because they decided who was in office. The voice of america can even change the constitution. Any one living in america who doesnt believe the american goverment isnt as democratic as it claims to be. Is watching to many conspiracy theory movies, or are hanging out with to many radical, gun tottin, extremists. The people are what make america great, and what also make it a shit hole of doomed future. It's not the goverment. the system is perfect, it's the people who are elected into the system that fu*ck it up

Fire
sorry rage but when you pass a bill that allows you to imprison ppl without even charging them for a crime that is beginning to look very 1984 to me

el_barto
they mainly only intercept mail for military ppl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.