That stupid kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

66tom99
Now let me start by saying that the matrix trilogy is my favourite trilogy ever (in the order 1, 3, 2), but does anyone agree with me that that dam kid is the most unneccessary character ever?
He's just an annoying little pipsqueak who gets in everyone's way!

"neo, I believe"- what the hell kind of one liner is that?

they so could've done without him and the films would've been better (if that's possible).

I especially didn't like how he was the one to tell Zion that the war was over, where clearly that should've been Morphius' job.

and even him being there was neccessary, he should've been a redshirt (re:star trek). I just couldn't wait to see his head get lopped off by a random tentacle..

Danistar
I think that this movie was good enough. wink

dave123
hmm, thats what i thought, but he did save neo's life aswell yes

The none
C'mon man, don't be too picky please. The kid did have 1)saved Neo once. 2)openned the gate for Logos, so let him do the announcement job shouldn't be asking too much I guess.

btw, that kind of underdog sidekick is almost a MUST in any movies, or, in real life as well.

Happy Dance

slinger
I like the Kid. He was a cool character. I think in a way they were trying to show that almost everybody plays a part in the war.

GoodSirKnight
Don't forget Kid' Story (Animatrix) where you see Kid chatting with Neo on the web, and dreaming of his own death. Kid later on gets chased by agents and jumps from a roof wishing that Neo will save him. He dies in the Matrix but wakes up in the real world, where Neo and Trinity say "I didn't know self-substantiating like that was possible" "Neither did I".

Kid has obviously believed in the fact that the Matrix isn't the real world, and, because of that, he makes himself wake up in the real world.

Another example of the importance of BELIEF in the Matrix movies. What you believe in in the Matrix is automatically made true. Oracle in the end of M3: " made a believer out of me".

xemir
how did the kid save neos life? and it wanst the logos that went threw the gate it was the mjolnir.

MC Mike
Wasn't it the hammer? I'm confused...

The none
Oh, wrong ship? Guess have got them all mixed up.

How did the kid save Neo once? Well, there's a scene wheras the sidekick (Bane?) tried to ambush Neo by stabbing him from behind but the kid accidentally stopped him, yelling at Neo trying to say something.

GABRIEL05
mjolnir=hammer

kid=comic relief but good character

"I never completed the training program"
"neither did I kid"

"light as a feather, light as a feather"

stinkfist462
dude it should ahve been the kid... not mifune

The One Himself
Kid saved Neo when Bane was going to stab him...

Noola
The kid is a hero in the same way that Jar Jar is a hero - through SHEER LUCK. What pisses me off is that he almost got more screen time than Morpheus!

Verity
Sheesh! I got the impression after Reloaded ppl wanted to know more about the kid!...

Noola
You must be confusing the kid with, I dunno, AN EXPLANATION FOR THE WEIRD STUFF THAT HAPPENED AT THE END OF RELOADED

The One Himself
Morpheus "Involutions": Neo's Mentor/Guide --> Fanatic leader --> Hovercraft co-pilot

Verity
No....actually becuz he was included in the Animatrix... roll eyes (sarcastic)

pslice
i thought the kid was a good charcter. He had no importance to the plot, but he just made a good addidtion to the chacter list

movie_freak
He wasn't THAT annoying....the movie is fine as it is

Lord Soth
Mjolnir is the Hammer of Thor. (I'm a big mythology buffbig grin)

Hegemon875
Doesn't everyone know that?

Lord Soth
apparently someone didn't

xemir
how do u pronounce Mjolnir?

Lord Soth
Mi-YOL-neer

GABRIEL05
NIT picker

GABRIEL05
Ok if you know mythology what is the name of the wolf that will swallow the world in the end times?!??!!?!??!?!!

Lord Soth
There wasn't a wolf that consumed the earth. Two wolves(Skoll and Hati) consumed the sun and the moon(Sol and Mani), but the only other wolves in Norse mythology were killed during Ragnarok (Garm by Tyr, Fenrir by Vidar)

(Ragnarok means "the doom of the gods"wink

(I know I edtited the post: I made a mistake)

MC Mike
Haha... This kid is smart

GABRIEL05
achso!

SacredSinister
I totally agree its lhold to the reasoning why neo gets ****ed up and bleeds in some scenes and in others he can be thrown from the sky to the floor and be unphased. My theory is whenever he doesnt believe is when bad things happen. Trinity would of died and not neo believed in part 2. When he was fighting mer's boys in part 2 he got hit byt he sword and was shocked and then started to bleed, the doub tis what messed him up.

stinkfist462
it shoulda been the kid to get whacked by neo not bane/smith.. and when the machines totally ****ed up mifune *sniffle* it should have benn the kid... not mifube.. DAMN YOU MICHEAL POPPER!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.