TV favourites

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
dunno if this has been up before, but anyways: what's your favourite TV show/series?

mah
personally, i enjoy watching Seinfeld, even though I've seen most of the episodes before. And Simpsons and South Park.

Dim
I don't really watch much TV..seems like every time I turn it on it's Who's Line is It Anyway..which is funny ...but it's always on.

sand person no. 10
the simpsons, the only show you can watch over and over again and still find it funny.

finti
I like Jackass, Mad Tv, NYPD blue.....fotball games big grin

queeq
Dunno really. Most things I watch is news and movies.

King Jedi
Buffy, E.R

finti
E.R????

King Jedi
Yes E.R. confused

finti
what is E.R

Texas
ER is Emergency Room. It's been one of the highest rated shows in the US for like 10 years roll eyes (sarcastic)

I love to watch:
Southpark, SNL, Jackass, Andy Dick Show, Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, Malcom in the Middle, Seinfeld and Power Puff Girls big grin

finti
not all major US shows are a hit in Norway.
It depends what channel get to air the shows. And yes I know the show and it is booooooorrrrriiiinng. Just as bad as Chicago Hope was.

Ushgarak
These days: Coupling, Band of Brothers, Sopranos, West Wing, any decent panel shows...

In times past: Blake's 7. Dr. Who, Bab 5, Between the Lines, I Claudius, Edge of Darkness, Monty Python...

Actually, I'd better stop with times past, I have a LOT of favourites.

finti
oh I forgott the Sopranos and West Wing. Thos e shows are great. man how could I forgett embarrasment in between seasons roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
I don't watch a lot of TV but when I do I like, in no particular order;
News and Finance Channels (Bloomberg, CNN, Sky News)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Mad About You
Dark Angel
Stargate SG-1
Angel
Becker

finti
oh man SG-1 is baaaaad, really crap show. IMHO

Ratcat
I didn't like the first season, but I kinda got into it after that.

Texas
That show comes on right after VIP, go figure roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
The film was cool, but we are just in the first season in the show.
Same actors?

Ushgarak
No, not the same actors. Only two parts have been reprised, the young 'un and, in a later season, the baldie human leader guy.

Sorry, my memory is a big vague...

finti
I mean does SG-1 have the same actors in the second season as in the first. Dean Anderson something(Macgyver)

Ratcat
Yeah, Richard Dean Anderson. He is the producer of the show after all and not just an exec prod either.

The same central 4 characteres plus the General and a few other reprisals have been consistent throughout.

Season 2 onwards is infinately better than Season 1

finti
shouldnt be to hard

ToMacco
I think we all know the only show worth watching, is the Simpsons. smile

JediOasis
COMEDY:
The Simpson's
Family Guy
South Park
Seinfeld
Wings

OTHER:
first season of Bands on the Run
any baseball game
Boston Public(great show)
Survivor

Texas
Wings? Isn't that the one that comes on the Discovery Channel?

ToMacco
Wings was a show that was on like 7 years ago.

One episode of the Simpsons, Homer is watching TV (well, he is in more than one, I guess)

Anyway, you see him sitting on the couch and the TV announcer says "Tonight on Wings . . . ahh, who cares?"

laughing out loud laughing out loud

mah
the Tom Green show, thats funny laughing out loud

mechmoggy
Seinfeld rules. I just love that episode when the fried chicken place opens directly opposite Kramers flat with a big ass red neon sign. Now that was funny! big grin

Texas
Tom Green got replaced by Jackass. He married Drew Barrymore and no one's heard from him since.

yerssot
to get back on Star Gate series:
the one who played Jack Daniels is still the same

Ushgarak
From the 1st to second series, yes. From film to tv, no.

yerssot
No? he really looks the same!

Ushgarak
Sorry, but there you go.

yerssot
it really fooled me!

Texas
I never really got into that show. I really liked the movie though. Those god hemlets were really kewl, and I liked the space ships and their weapons.

King Jedi
RC is Dark Angel as good as Buffy? I've never liked the look of it.

ToMacco
Mmm. . . Jack Daniels!!! cool

yerssot
are you drooling?

ToMacco
Yes, I am drooling.

And Thank God It's Friday. Time to go get drunk with my buds! big grin

yerssot
are you drooling on your friends?

ToMacco
No. My friends and I are talking about how bad the Minnesota Vikings suck!

yerssot
nice 'save'

ToMacco
What did I save?

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Hmm. I don't get it. So, whatever. confused

Texas
yersott would have a convulsion is Raz ever removes the roll eyes (sarcastic) from the smilies

ToMacco
laughing out loud

yerssot
that's what you think! evil face

King Jedi
Anyone like Red Dwarf?

mah
yeah! a long time since i've seen it, but that was funny. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Certainly do! So does Edna.

King Jedi
Cool. So do you want to see a film or another series? I'd love another series with both original writers back.

Ushgarak
Yeah, ROb Grant was a bit bored by the whole thing. At least in the last series they returned to the fundamental prinmciple of the Rimmer/Lister relationship, and their double play in 'Krytie TV' almost reminded me of the series' hayday.

I'm not sure if I trust a film. I guess I would like another series, just to see what would happen.

Problem is, after Doug Naylor's book came out and wasn't very good I assumed Rob Grant was the better one, but then his book wasn't much good either.

In some weird way, they only seem to wrok well together, and they just can;t agree any more.

King Jedi
The last series was good but the series before that was terrible. It was painful to watch.

I don't like the idea of a film at all.

Ushgarak
Yes, I think I agree.

Dim
I knew understood what people saw in that show..

Texas
I thought it looked really cheap! The people on that show were so annoying, especially that Chef guy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Chef... guy... huh? It's not Southpark!

Texas
That's right, South Park's good.
It's that black guy who is in that show 'Chef' or something. He's annoying. And that robot/alien thingy is soooo annoying too! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Oh, Cat...

Robot is Kryten.

Texas
whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)
big grin

Onawien
those are my favourite. espeacially dark angel. i cant beieve they cancelled the show after 2 series.

finti
I can

Onawien
y it was so good

finti
well it seems like there were to few who thought that

Onawien
hum, not over in uk i know quite alot of people who agree with me.

finti
Guess it needs to be more fans than your circle of friends, it is all about money.
If the ratings are down then sponsors quit and thats the end of it.
It just diodnt get the ratings up and so it was cancelled

BackFire349
simpsons, south park, and the episodes of family guy i have on tape. also married with children and the critic.

Thomas H
CSI.
Simpsons
JAG
Seinfeld
Band Of Brothers!

finti
Band of Brothers?, what channel

Ushgarak
Egad, thread re-born after 15 months!

mahdi
My favorite show right now is 24. The show always ends in such a way that you have to watch it the next week. Keifer Sutherland is great. Of course you can't forget That 70's Show.

finti
24 was good

BAN-ONE MCGUINN
pardon my boarding house butt-in as im from the baby boomers old black and white westerns were my favs but today
The Shield rules

Fitch
Simpsons
married with children (from time to time)
Seinfeld
south park(episodes on the computer,didn't find it on any TV station)

Julie
the x-files...the Simpsons....Dark Angel....uh that should do it

Fitch
x-files...nice forgot bout it

Darth Vicious
Buffy the vampire Slayer
Angel
Alias
Enterprise
Smallville
The Shield
That 70's show(hilarious)
Seinfeld- it aint always funny
Married with children(classic)
X-files

Thomas H
svensk tv4
and soon on a Norwegian channel!
Now I have bought the hole DVD pack.......

Thomas H
Arent there anybody at this board who watch CSI;,,,,for christ sake, it has over 25 million veiwers in the US, there have to be a fan here.....execpt me.......

Hayden'sgurl
spongebob,the simpsons,gilmore girls,the friday wb shows,and i have a lot that i cant think of Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ushgarak
As Darla described before, CSI ain't great. Far too plebian.

Thomas H
ehhh..do you speak for everyone...its a very clever drama!

Fitch
never heard of it....

finti
Saw CSI last night and it was B O R I N G , what a bloody dull show.

finti
ehh Thomas you bought a hole DVD pack? was something missing since it had a hole?.
I will buy the whole/ entire pack big grin big grin

Lara
I like CSI, but I dont get to watch it that much any more, I work on fridays in the evening and all day on staturdays and well into the evenings as well.
its cool, when I get to watch it.

Thomas H
finally a veiwer....thank GOD

(Finti....Ja riktig....ingen kommentar..)

Thomas H
big grin

Thomas H
and as I said its for clever people... eek!

Fitch
CSI....what's the action?maybe I've seen it but I don't remember....

finti
So why do you watch it then ?

Thomas H
Because I am clever....

and its a superb series..and Fictch...where are you from...because if you are from the states you sure as hell should have heard about it...because it is the biggest tv show in the US::smile))

Fire
they have brought me the greatest gift of all on belgium cable today
they are gonna give us the second and the other seasons of the west wing starting from next wednesday, I know some of you will disagree but I love that show

Fitch
I'm from Romania...thought everybody knew that smile

finti
he is a vlad Thomas so watch your neck.
CSI was boring as hell, I rather watch Castaway again than another episode of CSI. CSzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzI

Thomas H
hmmm, why should I watch my neck?? I am a Viking and I cant care less what anybody else is.!!!!!!!!!

finti
you aint no viking, you are a woodsman

Fire
that blue avatar is really nice finti

finti
I used it as a desktop before AOTC premiered. Now I use this as adesktop

Thomas H
well, rainman, then I am a woodman...dont care what people are anyway!!

CSI rules!

mah
that Alan Partridge talkshow..can't remember what it was called...great

mechmoggy
Knowing Me, Knowing You.

Or the Xmas special....

Knowing Me, Knowing Yule. laughing out loud

Thomas H
married with childern was also fantastic!

finti
try it before you praise it

Thomas H
heheh.....well you are on the way....I am talking about the seriers called Bundy in Norway...(wich you probably know)

JAG is also a great show, and I have heard that CBS is producing a spin-off...that would be cool!

Ushgarak
CSI ISN'T for clever people, it is aimed at a very lay audience. That is the problem, no brains behind it.

Thomas H
Well, thats kind of wrong. But whatever..live with those thoughts ush..
I dont give a f***
the only thing that matters for me is that I love it
so does many million people arund the world, and it will be on the tv for many years to go!

finti
and the fingerprint thing they do in CSI isnt real at all

Ushgarak
I will happily live with those thoughts, Thomas, as you watch that brainless mush...

Thomas H
how do you know, do you work in Kripos??
and who cares, the sex in movies aint reel either!

and the fingerprint is very much reel...check out some reel CSI (not the series) sites, and learn...if dont shut up!

finti
Saw a program on how the fingerprint really works, it is still to be done manually and it can take weeks. It is throug they load the images into a pc, but that is just for storage.
So before you tell people to shut it maybe a fact research would do

Ushgarak
I know people who do know that stuff- like Darla- and they all point out that the science is crap. It is pseudo intellectual stuff, done to make it SEEM like something brainy but when compared to something like The West Wing it falls apart under its own pretension. And the crime mysteries are second rate.

Thomas H
Well, rainman...they can.thats why they have every criminal in the US filed on computer, it can take form 1 min to a day---depending what the serach area is...so Finti....please...learn!!!!!!!

Anyway..back to topic.

1. CSI
2. JAG
3. Simpsons
4. Everybody Loves Raymond

and so on!

mechmoggy
I've lost the plot, whats CSI?

BTW I consider Al Bundy from Married with Children one of my all time hero's. He's great. big grin

finti
Well Swede boy it was an American program and they refered to CSI and the FBI dude just grin and said I wish. He went on with "those tv shows are so far from reality it is sad to see the poor field research done before shows are made"

Thomas H
you got to be kidding...CSI is americas, spains, soon australias,biggest ashow, plus ratings is getting good in England and in Norway! plus Italy...and so on..its a phenomenon!

Ushgarak
So are many rubbish things. And it isn't actually crap, it is just way short of the rest of the decent American drama around these days.

mechmoggy
I'll tell you whats a real phenomenon.......

Its snowed twice here today, and a few times over the last week, and when it gets really cold I need to pee more often.

I have no idea why but its true. confused

finti
It aint doing to good in Norway Thomas it runs on TVN. Running on that channel wont give low viewer ratings

Thomas H
well, It is!! **** finti, stop talking about things you dont know...normaly CSI is TVN highest rated show of the week...and thats good...just because TVn aint a big channel does not mean that it dont draw good ratings...!

*Shaking my head*

finti

finti
This will please you Thomas , there are plans to make a CSI cartoon

Fitch
I wonder after how many years I'll see this CSI so I'll talk about it..

Thomas H
It aint going to drop, didnt do it the last time..and they have an avarage rating on 214000 veiwers..and thats good for TVN,
and Finti I also check out (galluper o.l.)

And I have known about the csi comic for over a month now...but anyway..nice of you to mention it....anyway..where did you read that?

And Fitch, where do you live again?

Thomas H
Well, Finti what do you think of JAG?

finti
I like Chaterine Bell evil face, I wish that series got a little bit more back to courtroom action. I love courtroom dramas, and when it has a military connection too, well what can I say. JAG is an ok show

Thomas H
Bell is hot!

If you like courtdramas, Il guess you watch Law And Order?

Thomas H
I wish they had a series for either some thing like SWAT, or Navy Seals.
If it got good writers it could be great!

BTW, Bruckheimer comes out with the docu-drama Profiles From The Front Line just after the february sweeps in the US.

They are filming from Afghanistan and other war zones..Il bet i will ROCK!

Fitch
that would be really kewl!!!!!
anyway I'm from Romania....

Thomas H
what would be kwel? (what does that word mean)

And fitch, what kind of American shows do you have in Romania?

finti
kewl is a way of saying cool, and no I dont watch Law and Order.

Thomas H
ok......

BackFire349
my mom likes csi, ive tried watching it before, its so out there.... like their ways of discovering things are so off the wall.

Fitch
we had JAG,merried with children,SG-1 and many many other....

kewl=cool.

Tex
Lots of dumb american shows?

Fitch
yeah !

mah
like Passions?

Thomas H
America has a lot of great shows!

Fitch
and a lot of junk shows !

Thomas H
indeed, but I like to focuse on the positive things!"

Fitch
as I see.....very good thing though

Thomas H
hehe..
hoho a new CSI episode today!! whahoo!!
What does you people think about Mcgyver!?

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thomas H
Is that your opinion of Mcgyver!

r0ckxon
This is too easy .... "24".

Fitch
Mcgyver sick

finti
24 was good

rusky
I actually liked McGyver.... and SG-1 and WitchBlade and Bundy Fam. and there used to be one cool show... it was called parallel worlds or smth with a guy called Quinn who invented a dimmensional portal...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>