Are sc-fi movies like horror movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
Reply about what you think. Some movies are sc-fi but there still freaky so post your thoughts on this subject. alien

BackFire
No, they are usually different, but some can have similar aspects.

Depends on the movie.

Most retailers combine sci/fi and horror into one section for some reason.

Phillywilly
The first aliens movie rocks, dosen't scare you just a little bit?=) evil face

lil bitchiness
Well...dont think they are really, but if you start a thread in a movie discussion about...dunno...a horrorish sci-fi you will be movied to a horror thread...confused

ragesRemorse
i agree with backfire. There totally different movies, but I think it is obvious that the directors mix elements of horror into sci/fi

lil bitchiness
Like alien....for example

Punker69
What about resident evil its a sc-fi but some people thought it was scary.

Lord Soth
Horror combines terror(anticipation) with horror(realization). Sci-fi is more action and science-related plots, such as diseases that make people killing machines(Resident Evil), or philosophies that change our aspect on human existance (The Matrix)

Horror is just ppl dying in creative ways by means of a psycho (and I mean that in an endearing way big grin big grin big grin)

swordmaster
I believe there is a fine line between sci-fi and horror that can be distinguished relatively easy at times and it can be relatively hard to see the difference at times. I think it all depends on the viewers outlook on it.

slayer
Well.. some sci_fi's like Alien but other movies like the matrix nuthin' 2 do w/horror.

supershane
horror is going with every type of movie these days so there are horror/sci-fi out there

Punker69
Isnt The Faculty sc-fi?And whats with the shower seen in psycho it wasnt even that good no blood either

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.