Sex Bracelets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BidMyBlood2Run
This is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. It was on the news last night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fashion accessory may have a lot more meaning than you realize for your teenager: Jelly bracelets are making a comeback.

But instead of a fashion statement, they may be making a statement about your kid's sex life.

Madonna wore them in the '80s. Now, teen pop star Avril Lavigne has an armful, and singer Pink sports rainbow-colored rubber wear, and your little girl may have them, too.

Only this time these jelly bracelets have a new nickname: sex bracelets.

These bendable pieces of colorful rubber have a whole new unwholesome meaning: They're a sexual code to many teens.

Some colors mean different things, and people wear them for that reason.

Here's a common breakdown, from what teens told NBC 10:

Yellow: hugging
Purple: kissing
Red: lap dance
Blue: oral sex
Black: the full monty.

In a game called Snap, if a boy breaks a jelly bracelet off a girls wrist, he basically gets a sexual coupon for that act.

It's become such a problem in some middle schools in Florida, districts started banning the bracelets.

If your daughter is wearing one of these bracelets, it certainly doesn't mean she's having sex, following through on the Snap game, or even knows about the code,.

But experts say it's a good opportunity for you to have that all important conversation about sex, what you think is acceptable, and best for your family.

What goes in one neighborhood may not apply to another, and teenagers have their own ways of interpreting and morphing trends.

What's certain is the bracelets are here, and most kids we asked knew all about the new meaning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Goes out to buy more jelly bracelets *

Cemetry Slut
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA SEX BRACLLET

BidMyBlood2Run
http://1fashionsinjewelry.com/jewelry_pics/jellyos2.jpg

crazy_c
God I hope my mam doesnt read that! blink

BidMyBlood2Run
laughing out loud
everyone better stock up now before they get out lawed.

Cemetry Slut
lol yeah

silver_tears
i have tons whistle

Schizo_n_me
laughing

Treehuggerjanie
i av loadsa black ones.Everyone calls them shag bands at my school

burlyman
yeh, shag bands here too... happy

Cemetry Slut
we got those shagg bands here too smilei USED to have 1 but NOT ANYMORE

The Force
oh bid i'm wearing a blue black and red one whistle

silver_tears
I prefer the black and purple ones angel

The Force
laughing out loud evil face

Fire
that's just pathetic

The Force
hey it's a good way to get some evil face

must_kill_Santa
i have loads i never take them off i started with 25 i now have 12 sad i call them shag bands

The Force
did you lose them?

must_kill_Santa
alot got snapped

The Force
oh, i've never worn one, apparently i should wink

must_kill_Santa
their so cute i need to get some more though

The Force
well when guys were them i bet that they don't think there cute...

must_kill_Santa
i bet girls do but they wont last long on some guys

The Force
that because we guys are active big grin

Bhang
I wear them on my penis

must_kill_Santa
only when they get snapped

Bhang
No all the time

must_kill_Santa
lol

The Force
so they snap alot

BidMyBlood2Run
laughing out loud
you guys are hilarious.
I wear black and blue...
If I snap one of urs Force, you'll have to do something for me shifty

Bhang
I give them a good snap when ever I am bored.

The Force
Well then... snap away shifty

BidMyBlood2Run
mmmmm.. I'm so tempted to snap a blue one.... shifty

The Force
did ya know that blue's my favorite color wink besides no one's stopping you shifty

fungrl515
well, i just gotta say this. well, there are many different types of these bracelets. of course, we call 'em f*** bracelets. some are the ones you're talking about, and others people make for bottle caps. the bottle cap ones are AMAZINGLY popular in my school. in fact, i have over twenty, though they are just for looks for me. we do have that whole snap thing, though here it's an unwritten code. none of the parents know, and we prefer to leave it that way.

crazy_c
God ive only heard of this today i just call them bracelets

The Force
man, like my whole school, must not know about these amazing bracelets erm

fungrl515
well, my best friend introduced them to me on july 4th, so it's not too new. i'm like the master creater at my school for the bottle cap ones. everyone asks me to make one for them, but i usually don't do them. none of the guys at my school know about them, they just think it's a new fashion or something. it's kinda funny, really.

crazy_c
Just think of wot it wud be like if they did know! laughing

fungrl515
yeah, girls would have none left on their wrists, as the guys would be breaking them left and right. believe me, when the guys ask us about them, we just say, "yeah, it's the latest thing." i can't tell you how many boys have asked me to make them for them. smile

The Force
hmm, i wouldn't mind snapping some either wink

crazy_c
I dont think any guy would mind

VallejoKid707
ahh! my friend had a purple one on and she tired to put it on me!! but i ran away.

The Force
laughing out loud why? huh

VallejoKid707
well i just found out that its a sex braclet right now. and purple means kissing and she likes me

fungrl515
so? isn't that good? sorry if i'm acting like a guy or something, but i thought you'd like that.

VallejoKid707
well i think shes hella ugly!

fungrl515
*growls, then slaps VallejoKid707* you know what, you are one hell of a jerk. humph!

The Force
and what's wrong with that, kissing is awesome big grin, what don't you like about that?

The Force
messed ouch...

fungrl515
well, he's a jerk! i mean, he's acting just like the guy my friend had a crush on. he totally hurt her today, so i'm not in the mood for this kind of behavior.

The Force
well i can't be that rude, even if that one person is not good looking *shrugs*

VallejoKid707
well thats your problem. you need to just say something instead of slapping someone.

fungrl515
oh hush! jeez! besides, i think it's sweet that she had the courage to do that. i mean, not all people could.

oh, and this will make me feel better. what did you say to her when she addressed you?

VallejoKid707
nothing. her friend put something in her hand and i thought it was something to put in my hair because she put gunk in my hair before then she started walking towards me and i started running. then i found out it was the braclet.

fungrl515
oh, well, then, that's okay. *hugs* sorry i slapped you. but, i just want you to understand that girls are sensitive. if you had sai something cruel to her, then i would get angry. but, it's ok. oh, i am so glad my mom doesn't know this, cuz otherwise, she'd freak.

VallejoKid707
thats okay i understand why you attacked me. it will never happen again. *give nora a hug*

VallejoKid707
yeah one day (it was crazy hair day actually) she put orange gunk in hair. i didnt want one thing to do with crazy hair day so i went to the bathroom to wash it out. lucky for me there's no mirrors in there. so was cleaning random parts of my hair. it finally came out but my hair was messed up!

fungrl515
aw, poor you. that must have been quite annoying.

BidMyBlood2Run
no mirrors in the bathroom?! confused

VallejoKid707
nope thats crazy aint it! my school is poor!

BidMyBlood2Run
that is crazy!

fungrl515
mine's poor too, but we have mirrors. crummy ones, but mirrrs nontheless.

VallejoKid707
yeah my old school's mirrors were like the ones that make you crazy looking.

fungrl515
lol. yeah.

The Force
hmmm, i couldn't live without mirror, i must look at my beautiful face wink

BidMyBlood2Run
laughing out loud

fungrl515
lol. how did i know you would say that?

lil bitchiness
blink what the hell....i have 25 black ones and 10 pink ones on my right wrist?!?!?! blink

by the way, in britain we call them ''shagg bands'' lol

The Force
well, i kinda guessed it nora wink

fungrl515
*shakes head* sure. anyway, it was so funny. one time, these boys were fooling around in my class and one of them accidentally broke the other's bracelet. i, of course was cracking up while the guys stared at me confused. i didn't wanna tell them what it means, but all of the otehr girls that noticed were cracking up too.

The Force
man, i probably would have bee oblivious to blink

fungrl515
lol. but if it was you, i would tell you, just to see your reaction.

BidMyBlood2Run
I heard of "fvck bracelets" and if u broke a black one u had to fvck yourself. I never heard of the different colors mean different things. Maybe now guys where I live will now go around playing snap since it was on the news.

lil bitchiness
In England its like..whoever broke it had to give you a shagg...lol....

The Force
well isn't that lamen's term for masterbation roll eyes (sarcastic)

nora, i wouldn't want to know messed laughing out loud

BidMyBlood2Run
don't make fun of me Force, or else you're going to be a very very lonely man laughing out loud

The Force
but i wasn't making fun... but i'll stop anyway, i can't stand to be lonelysad

fungrl515
lol. sorry, but it would be hilarious. I just wanted to say that basically, only the bottle cap bracelets are popular around here. i mean, i haven't seen anyone in the past month who wore the other f*** bracelets. might be a new england thing.

The Force
i've got a blue bracelet on, does anybody want to snap it? wink

fungrl515
and why would any of us want to do that? besides, my bracelets are so much better.

The Force
fine your no fun stick out tongue, can i have one of yours?

fungrl515
if you don't break it...

The Force
why would i break it... what happens huh

fungrl515
actually, never mind. i don't think i trust you with something so precious. oh, and what do you think?! 1 blue bottle cap bracelet = 1 black bracelet

The Force
like a trade? I'm the most trustworthy person you'll ever meet big grin

fungrl515
su~re. yeah right! nope, sorry, but i can't. i haven't made any bracelets that haven't been around my wrist before, so, sorry. otherwise, sure, since you could break it, and i wouldn't have to pay. smile

The Force
so i don't get one of your gnarly bracelets sad

fungrl515
i just made a new one, so here. *hands new bottle cap bracelet to force* like?

The Force
do i like it?... i love it!!! big grin

fungrl515
big grin lovely! use it well. wink

The Force
alright *waits to go to school*

silver_tears
*walks in with a whole wrist full* shifty

Crash_Overload
AMERICANS!!! SHEESH!!!

no offence

silver_tears
they have them here too in canada stick out tongue

Crash_Overload
YOU JUST KILLED IT!!! Its not as bad.

silver_tears
well yea people dont go around snapping them for sexual favours shifty
but they do exist stick out tongue

Crash_Overload
My point exactly

reptally
as an american I can say that we have the diverse and corrupt society in the world *GIVE IT UP FOR THE USA!*

jacksparrow22
in my school....maybe in all of new york, i dont know but you take the bracelets and make them into a knot shaped like 69 to represent that youre a **** or just twist them to represent emo music and the bottle cap bracelets are like you wear them if youre a virgin to tell everyone that youre a virgin....if you just wear a bunch of bracelets it doesnt mean anything, just that you have alot of bracelets!

jacksparrow22
oh yea and when you subscribe to a thread, is there a way not to make it email you everytime someone posts on it? its really annoying!

Cemetry Slut
i know

mechmoggy
Sex bracelets eh........can you get brown ones?

eek! wink

must_kill_Santa
i never leave the house without a compact a mirror and a hairbrush
we have loads of mirrors in our school

ivyem
yea, i heard about those in Time mag., pretty funny ha! shag bracelets! laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

must_kill_Santa
i have silver black and a glow in the dark one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.