<<Who is more ORGANIZED? LUCAS VS JACKSON>>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
Who do you think is more organized when it comes to the making of larger than life films, George Lucas and his Star Wars team or Peter Jackson and his gang in New Zealand? I say Peter Jackson, granted Lucas worked most of the bugs out for the rest of the industry, Jackson has managed to pick up the ball and keep things rolling.

Darkweaver
Well, maybe so but Jackson adapted a movie from a book by J.R.R. Tolkein. Star Wars was pretty much Lucas' own material.

BackFire
Jackson is the better film maker. Lucas has slipped massively over the yeras, (case and point, the new star wars movies)

Tired Hiker
That is a common misconception. Lucas borrowed many elements from Tolkein's work to create Star Wars. The same could be said about Tolkein when he wrote Lord Of The Rings, it's all about the Hero Myth. And Lucas didn't even write all the Star Wars books. I believe he wrote Star Wars but other writers wrote Empire and Jedi based on Lucas's ideas.

Anyway, this thread is about who is the most organized filmmaker, not the most original writer.

Tired Hiker
Another reason I think Peter is more organized is that he shot all the LOTR movies back to back which was very effective. I know the Star Wars Prequels couldn't be shot back to back since the characters have to age between storylines, but come on. Natalie Portman still looks fifteen and Hayden Christianson is a bloke. Poor casting. Jackson had great casting.

el_barto
jackson for sure because lucas reliese on his kids to mutch and jackson did LOTR

Tired Hiker
I totally agree. Lucas became too pc when he got kids, whereas Jackson would probably tell his kids to shut the hell up if they gave him advice.

Tex
I dont know about the organization aspect, but Lucas is 30 years past his prime! The new SW movies are complete disasters, totally lacking in character development and story, its all special effects!

Jackson is by far the better director. More so considering that he is not even directing his own story, Lucas is, which would make his job allot easier, and he still butchers that!

I'm very interested as to see what direction Jackson will take King Kong. Seeing as it will be a remake of a remake wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.