Spiderman vs Hal Jordan Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kofmaster
who do you think would win in a fight?

personally i think that green lantern would win only coz of the fact that he has a power ring which spidy doesn't have anything to protect himself from its power, other then that i think they are both equal in speed and agility.

wot do u think?

and please don't just say spiderman or green lantern because hes cool
-.-Zzzz

give facts!!! stick out tongue

kofmaster
ps: sorry about the picture i forgot to resize it lol

Zephonim
I have a feeling Spidey would pull it off. He is far to fast to get hit by green latern. I think that his wicked speed would be the major advantage in the fight. He would move around fast enough until he got close enough for a hit. It would be a pretty good one though.

mailedbypostman
Yep.Spiderman.

gambit88
i don't know they've always been a couple of my favs but i would hafta say man i dunno i'm leaving this one alone

kofmaster
lol

Hegemon875
This is ridiculous. There is no way spidey can compare to GL. GL can fly so how would spidey get close enough to touch him? All GL has to do is create a bubble around spidey and suck out all the oxygen. And spidey can not dodge the ring because all though he is fast he doesn't technically have super speed like superman or quicksilver which is what you would need to dodge something that moves at the speed of thought.

kofmaster
will said Hegemon875 yeah GL all the way!!!!

ragesRemorse
This is one of those fights where the hero's areprettymuch eaually matched. I dont know to much about green lantern, But i think he would probably pull off a win in the end. Even though GL can fly,spiderman is quicker when it comes to agility.Spiderman is even stronger than than Gl, but with his power ring. GL can manifest just about anything from his imagination. This can make him stronger than spidey in a sense, considering what it is that he generates from his ring. So i would say that spidey takes the fall in this match only because of GL power ring. However you can't over look the great advantages spidey has over GL which could easily give spidey the win. I'm sure spidey could find a way to render the GL's power ring useless, using his webbing. However assuming spidey can't find a way to stop his power ring, then GL wins no contest.

Thats a good match, i'd read it. by the way HAL JORDAN is the one and only GL,.

kofmaster
kool

Sparkz
well i am a major fan of the webhed but id go with gl sure spidey can easily dodge single beams but cnt gl like make a giant wall of power then make it close around him, well if im rong spidey wud win hands dwn

SilverFighter
Spiderman is great but I just can't see how he would be able to beat GL. Maybe if he is fighting that awful Kyle he has a good chance. But since is Hal, I don't think Spidey has much chance agaisn't the will of Hal. The only way I can see Spidey defeat Hal is if he adds a chemical to his webbing that makes it Yellow. Then GL might have a good challenge.

Another way Spidey can beat GL is if Hal needs to recharge his ring and Spidey destroys the battery Lantern....but that just isn't possible since the battery is indestructible. Sorry but Hal gets the win.

Hegemon875
If he was fighting Kyle then not even yellow webbing would do any good, and Kyle never needs recharging.

kofmaster
good point

doctorstrongbad
Spiderman would win this fight.

DarkCrawler
Haha. Hal easily.

doctorstrongbad
Idk Spiderman has faced a lot of enemies with powers stronger than his.

Mace Skywalker
Spiderman is definately not faster than a GL. He cannot win.

#1Rupert_Lover
I think Spider-Man is a lot better than the Green Lantern. I think he'd probably win the fight. he's a lot smarter than the Green Lantern. and it has been proven in many of the Spider-Man comics that strength and superpowers isn't everything. he can win a fight by using his intelligence even when he's fighting his toughest enemies. so i think Spidey has a big advantage over GL because of his intelligence.

pr1983
green lantern hal is highly intelligent and resourceful with incredible willpower and imagination, he's a rival for superman, he'd squash parker...

and why is this not in vs forum?

doctorstrongbad
That is a good point, why is this thread here?

#1Rupert_Lover
I have no idea why.

eleveninches
Dude, seriously. Spiderman is not even powerful on a global scale.
GL Hal is powerful on a universal scale.

Hal WINS EVERY TIME!!!

#1Rupert_Lover
Oh, give me a break ! GL gets his powers from a ring! without it, he's powerless! And as I said before strength isn't everything. Haven't any of you ever heard of the story of David and Goliath!? and as for GL's ability to fly, that means nothing! Spider-Man has villains like the vulture and green goblin! And they both have the ability of flight. and Spider-Man lands punches on them all the time without to much of a problem! so all spidey would have to do is try to get the ring off GL's finger and defeat him!

doctorstrongbad
Yeah if spidey can web the ring away he would win. I mean its not like the ring is glued on. If i had a power ring it would be rubber cemented on my glove. smile

kgkg
"Yeah if spidey can web the ring away he would win. I mean its not like the ring is glued on. If i had a power ring it would be rubber cemented on my glove."

that senerio is very unlikly

what is will happend is spider will get fried , spidy is a great hero but his outclassed in everyway.

Draco69
The F***?

Spider-Man loses. No comparison.

The ring is protected by a impenetrable forcefield. Spider-Man gets squashed.

Linkalicious
Spidey is quite out of his league on this one.

He'd be better matched up against Martian Hunter or Aquaman (though he'd probably lose to both of them as well)

#1Rupert_Lover
Spider-Man is a lot cooler superhero than the green lantern. plus, GL has to "Recharge" his ring every twenty four hours! Spider-Man always has his powers at hand! What if Hal was busy recharging his ring, huh? Then what would he do? He wouldn't stand a chance against him! that ring is the only reason he has powers!

#1Rupert_Lover
By the way. thanks for agreeing with me Strongbad. smile

Scoobless
ok, so spider-man is a cool hero........... he still get's utterly squished against any GL.......... he can't penetrate a GL forcefield so he can't hurt the ring wearer and a GL can create a nuke out of nothing BANG! one dead spider-man and one unscathed GL........... i like spidey a hell of a lot more than GL but he just can't win this........ hal jordan has taken down superman before i could easily come up with 10 different ways hal would win this with very little effort

Spider-Man is so out of his league here it's far from funny........ it's tragic

sad

The Flash
Hal would win this easily. Killing both Kilawag and Sinistro proves everything.

Joker1237
Sinistro is dead????

Did not know.

I dont see how Spiderman can beat Hal GL or Klye GL or John Steward GL.

That ring could trap Spiderman as said before. And NO WAY Spiderman just snaps the ring of his finger with his webbing, IT CANT BE DONE.

The owner will have to willing take it off or if your John Steward, a ax(I cant belive that happen in the cartoon, I was like WHAT????

Quick Freeze
yeah spidey's one of my favorites too but hal's powers are limited by his imagination only. unless spidey finds some of that yellow energy or what ever it is i dont see him having much of a chance. but maybe if he had prep time, since, peter's a genius and all, he could whip up some yellow webbing. that would be an interesting fight

#1Rupert_Lover
Did I mention Hal has to recharge his ring every 24 hours?

Joker1237
The fight WONT LAST 24 HOURs, and the recharge thing ant that BIG.

He take a few sconds to recharge, and he can do it in the air,

He can also pull the lamp out useing his powers any time during the fight(Doing it in a safe place of couse)

The Flash
Hal killed Sinistro one on one with only one ring even though he had many more. He snapped his neck then he became Parallax, etc etc. I don't know what happened to Sinistro since I don't keep track of Green Lantern comics. =\

#1Rupert_Lover
Would you guys stop saying GL beat sinistro. you say that everytime I mention GL's ring. You got to start learning that you shouldn't underestimate the impossible. spidey might have the ability to beat him, believe it or not. it seems like I and Dr. Strongbad are the only ones who understand that kind of thing.

Joker1237
Spidy could win if Hal forgot the ring.

But Hal is a GREAT fighter, So I say he COULD win with out the ring.

eleveninches
Um, vulture and green goblin are not exactly on the cosmic level, are they?
Hal as GL has defeated enemies like krona, and the 'old timer' guardian. Even the other villains hal faced as GL (dr.polaris, dr. light, lord malvolio, evil star etc..) are WAY WAY WAY more powerful than spiderman

eleveninches
I cant think of a single member of the JLA that parker would even stand a chance against (except maybe plasic man)

eleveninches
NO
no
no
no
no
no
no

Spiderman is a freakin mutant!!!
He's an insult to humanity.

GL can do whatever he wants, limited only by willpower.

eleveninches
Though it would be funny to see parker get squashed
laughing

eleveninches
No. It was a parallax construct that hal killed, which finally broke hal's will (by him becoming a murderer) and allowed parallax to leech onto his soul.

Hegemon875
It doesnt matter who you think is cooler or why the hero has powers, all that matters is who would win. And Kyle Rayner doesnt have to recharge. roll eyes (sarcastic) Spidey fan boys

eleveninches
So, you are basically arguing that spiderman could win JUST because it is impossible for him to win.

D'oh.

idiot

Tron
Naw, that's almost worse. Spidey trying to fight the Martian Superman? That's ownage on so many levels. And both of them being telepaths, I don't see him having a chance.

And to the people that think Spider-Man stand a chance against any Green Lantern, are you serious? He stands a chance if he gets his ring off? What makes you think he'd have that chance? Like Draco said, GL is protected by a forcefield, which is what that green glow is, so that's out. And Hal has to recharge every 24 hours. So what? What relevance does this have to the fight? Is Spider-Man gonna run like hell for an entire day? You really think that Spider-Man's gonna last that long against someone who can do almost anything with his imagination? Sorry, but I don't see it. Okay, lets stop spitting out what-ifs and get realistic (comicwise of course, lol), Spider-Man truly has no way of getting through Hal's defenses, or dodging Hal's attacks (i.e. if Hal decides to put a bubble around him.

Yes, Spider-Man's cooler, no arguements there, but being cool ain't gonna keep him from getting owned.

Never
How do threads such as this reach 3 pages...

Spidey has one chance...sneak up on Hal and knock him out immediately...

Aside from that...

*squish*

kgkg
"Yes, Spider-Man's cooler, no arguements there, but being cool ain't gonna keep him from getting owned." exactly

sadly that's how many people think , they think curtain their hero/villian can win cuz they like them, and make up any bul*shit to make them win.

and ya GL will smoke Spiderman

Zahit
couldn't have said it better myself.......well done......well done.....clapping

Joker1237
I think Hal is cooler though, THIS IS HAL JORDAN,

One of the top4 or so on coolness. Spiderman might be 2 or so spaces away on a top ten list.

Scoobless
spider-man isn't a mutant....... and he is cooler than green lantern...... although that doesn't alter the fact that he would get very dead very quickly in this fight

eleveninches
He's mutated. THerefore, I classify him as a mutant.
And anything that gets its power from spider-DNA is SICK sick sick sick

Scoobless
i think the PC term is enhanced human...... smile

eleveninches
I dont care. It is not enhanced. 'He' is deformed and should be killed to preserve the purity of the HUMAN gene-pool.

Swanky-Tuna
I like both Spiderman and the GLs but Spidey's on a rocket canoe to a smurf kicking in this one.What's Spiderman without his powers?

KharmaDog
Not even close, spidey is WAYYYYYYYYY outclassed here.

Uhhmmm......no.

Actually both MM and Aquaman are outta Spidey's league. I really like spiderman, definately he is one of my all time favourites, but most DC characters are powered beyond the average Marvel universe characters, and the JLA starting lineup are way over the top.

DarkCrawler
You... laughingare... laughing out loudnot...serious.

God. Snatching the ring away from Hal Jordan's. Hand.

You do realize that Hal could beat all villains of Spider-Man with one hand tied behind his back?

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, but Spider-Man defeated the Juggernaut once! and the juggernaut is also WAY WAY WAY more powerful than Spider-Man! and I think it would definitely be a lot tougher for GL to defeat him without that ring, Joker1237. as i said that's the only reason he has powers. without it, he'd be nothing, even if he's a good fighter. Spider-Man is a good fighter, too!

azndrgn
Hey people. Go see the "Michael Myers vs Jason vs Freddy: a lil surprise" thread! Trust me, it'll be worth it!

DarkCrawler
He beated him by fooling him to go in concrete. Try to do the same thing to Hal.

Do you know that Juggernaut is...uh, simply put, an idiot?

Guess what, Hal is not.

Draco69
Spider-Man only defeated Juggernaut by fooling him into a pit of liquid cement. Jug got out in a couple of hours. This fight is no contest.

And no offense, but shouldn't you update your Ron? He's a lot more attractive as teenager than a child. Just a suggestion.

#1Rupert_Lover
If you didn't care to notice, Spider-Man doesn't wear a stupid ring to gain his powers. he's stuck with it for life! GL has to have a ring in order to use his powers. if he somehow loses the ring and never finds it again, he could lose his powers forever. that's what I meant!

Draco69
He can't lose the ring unless he wills it off. They got rid of that nasty aftereffect years ago.

Joker1237
I think GL can even defeat the Jug.

I still say Spiderman loses.

#1Rupert_Lover
I have a sig with him as a teenager, I just didn't get to put it on at the moment. but anyway, Spidey still did defeat the juggernaut once. which means he's capable of defeating tougher villains. I must ask you. would your answers be different if spider-man still had those powers given to him by the enigma force? just wondering.

#1Rupert_Lover
and i thought hal jordan died.

nigel45
This is the most ridiculous thread since Spiderman vs. Flash. I can't even will myself to read the FOUR PAGES that this has gone on for.

Joker1237
Hal Jordan ant DEAD, He is the Spector. EVEn more powerful than his GL

DarkCrawler
Spectre.

eleveninches
Not any more. He's been reborn (free of the paralax cosmic parasite, and free from spectre). He's a GL again

pr1983
this is a lost cause... hal is too powerful for half of marvel... he'd take one look at parker and then turn to superman...

hal - "are you f*cking serious?"

hal could do it easily...

eleveninches
no
Ganthet would just track him down and give him another ring.

Besides, even without his ring on his finger, Hal can still will his ring towards him.

Joker1237
Think of the RING as the force lol.

Hal can will it off and will it on, with out even picking it up, and placeing it on his finger.

Blade Cutter
OK I thank GL has this he is to powerful and I'm a huge spidey fan.But I'm aslo GL fan and this fight is not one sided to use the ringe Hal must cosntrate.Now if the wise cracking web hed some how fide this out he will expose it buy dodging and wise cracking.He has done simuller task many of times in the past.I still thank GL wins but if Spider-man were to win that would be the way he would mess up his trane of thought then acket fast eather thow a puch are a light post are some.Well thats my 2since just saying there is a slight chance.

Linkalicious
you wrote a whole paragraph to come up with the same conclusion as the rest of us?

Why is this thread getting bumped?

Blade Cutter
Originally posted by Linkalicious
you wrote a whole paragraph to come up with the same conclusion as the rest of us? I'm just staighting the fact that there is a chance for spidey and not something mindles like web hes ring off.Ofcores your going automaticly pic GL but there's a way if you thank and know both HEROS.

Linkalicious
Cool Cool.

I just am of the opinion that even if Spiderman knew GL's weakness...he probably still wouldn't be able to find a way to exploit it before GL puts him in a green bubble and slowly contracts it on him.

Blade Cutter
Yeah thats why I stile say GL.I like to go on facts not just bing a fan boy or I would say spidey beat almost evey one.you know how many way I thought of that he can beat old boy scout.I love the fist fue pages in superman vs the Amazing Spider-man.he has done more inposble task like beat Carnage Silver Surferand Kallark.I don't under stand those.

nigel45
You think Spiderman can beat Superman?

Blade Cutter
well he nose he is weak to fake red sun light from the fist cross with them.Spider-man had some on him and knocked him all around until they theamed up.http://superman_vs_spiderman

pr1983
no... not in a million years...

nigel45
That question was directed at BladeCutter, it wasn't meant to be like "gee golly I wonder what would happen if these two engaged in some rough-housing". I think Superman would win too, I just wanted to know what his arguments were.

pr1983
my apologies...

nigel45
Nah don't even worry about it. Poor wording on my part.

Arachnoidfreak
I can't believe this thread. Not one, not two, but 3 or 4 people actaully think Spiderman can beat Green Lantern? WTF!?

ANY GL can completely dismantle Spiderman, even that hack-job no-imagination peice of shit John Steward.

Personally, I'd like to see Hal make a microwave around Spiderman, and turn the power on, making Spiderman explode.

nigel45
I'd like to see Kyle make a giant, radioactive spider bite Parker's head off.

binglesbee
I personally think that spiderman would win.
Reasoning:
Although GL's ring is powerful, if spiderman just hid for a while, GL's ring would lose it's power in which case he becomes just another you and me. Therefore spiderman would sieze this oprutunity and take GL down.
On the other hand:
If GL gets a hold of spidey with a power ball around him and decides to let's say send him into outerspace then it's all over for the web head.
In (comic)reality:
Niether would win, for the simple fact that they both are smart enough to realize that if they fight they would first off all destroy half the city(whereever that would be) and second off, they would both see that if they destroyed one or the other that there would be one less superhero somewhere, which in turn would start an all out war between superhero's and the world would be worse off.
That's just my opinion, thanx for listening(if you are.)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by binglesbee
I personally think that spiderman would win.
Reasoning:
Although GL's ring is powerful, if spiderman just hid for a while, GL's ring would lose it's power in which case he becomes just another you and me. Therefore spiderman would sieze this oprutunity and take GL down.

The ring doesn't need to be recharged anymore...

How they would destroy half of the city? GL can kill Spidey with anything his mind can conjure. A green gage that holds Spidey and a green blast that kills him are hardly going to destroy the city. And here we are not going on by what other superheroes would think.

eleveninches
The ring still needs to be recharged, but there is no TIME limit on kyles ring (the time to recharge is based on the amount of energy used over time). The other rings are (i think) the same, but without the yellow weakness

nigel45
This is soo not worth debating again. Spiderman would not win.

Mainstream
hmmmmm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.