Explaining the last exile and other things.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraph77
Some people are confused on what the last exile's purpose is. She is a program designed to control the weather. As in the end of the film the oracle asks "Did you do that?" and she replies "I did it for neo" as they look at the sky. And after Smith takes her over he controls the weather and makes it rain hence his statement "You like what I've done with the place?" As are her parents program that govern other things, like her mother is a software designer for things within the matrix. Every exile has a purpose, every one, or else they wouldn't have been written.

In the video game the oracle talks about her seeing the fate of both our worlds.

Also if people are unclear as to the end and Neo's purpose, his purpose is to redisperse himself amongst the matrix. When smith took him over you'll note the way smith dies is exactly the same as the way he died in the first film, neo bursting out of him, however, the first one to die, the one that overwrit neo, had nobody come out after he exploded. Which means he had been plugged back into everyone, and freed everyone. Sacraficed himself to save the world so to speak.

You'll also notice that as they die it's like his code is being spread out over the matrix in a wave, as all the smiths die. You can't look too far into it or it won't make sense either way, but that is the symbolic reference.

The way smith dies is exactly the way he dies in the first movie, and it's symbolic.

MC Mike
Whoa whoa whoa... wait a sec. The reason Rama went to the Mero was to SAVE his daughter who HAS NO PURPOSE! If she had a purpose, she would not be deleted, and she is only an exile cuz she has no purpose... Why else would Rama talk about every program needing a purpose? She can manipulate the Matrix like Neo can, except as a program with no purpose she has greater abilities, hence the sky and Smith's sky.

Seraph77
The mero had captured her, and Rama traded the oracle's shell code to get her back. She was being held by the mero like alot of other programs. And like all the programs he holds on to they are usually important, like her, who can control the weather.

MC Mike
I don't know if the Mero captured her... the machines were after her and the Mero had a way of getting past them so they made a deal with him. (As you said, with the shell.) But I still believe she is JUST a program without a purpose who thereby has powers.

The Unknown
Uh, it was never said that the Oracle had captured her. I think she was in the Machine World, hence the family being in Mobil Ave.

Smith didn't mean "like what i've done with the place?" to be "i can control the weather", didn't you notice the millions of other Smiths around him... he meant that he made everyone else just like him...

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.