Should all drugs be legalized?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness

Tex
The junkies will still have to rob and steal to get money to buy drugs, even if its cheaper.

And being more easily available, the junkies would be high non stop.
Jobless vagabonds.

dave123
hmm, yeah, they should.... cant be bothered with a reason

lil bitchiness
Yeah....in a short term maybe, but i dont think it would be like that in the long term..
There are still jobless alcoholic all over the place, you cant stop that..some people will still abuse it..just like they do alcohol..confused

BackFire
I think drugs should be legalized, then the idiot junkies will all over dose and die, and the world will then not be over populated anymore. We're better off without them anyways.

Tired Hiker
It really doesn't matter if they are legal or not. People who want to do drugs will do them regardless.

dave123
i think they should make them legal, then have say.....
margret thatcher endorse them, so everyone would be put off

Tired Hiker
So, Backfire, do you think I should die since I smoke weed?

lil bitchiness
Weed is less damaging than tobacco blink apart fromthe whole contrencation thing....

el_barto
no they shouldnt because ppl will still steal money for them it dosn't matter if its legal or not

lil bitchiness
What about all the street crime...gun crime is VERY closely related to the drugs!

Tired Hiker
So, then why not make them legal?

dave123
if the government make drugs legal, they can have ACCURATE figures for people buying them, get money from tax, and if they sell them cheaply, they can also cut down crime cos people will have to steal less.
they (in theory) would also be safer

lil bitchiness
Yeah..that was mine thinking as well....ppl can get educated on drugs rather than being told that they are just simply ''wrong''...

BackFire
No, because I don't think you really abuse the drug, plus I wasn't directly reffering too tobacco or Weed, since those drugs don't really hurt anyone, but people who are always doing ecstacy and what not, and often are very close to overdosing and dying.

I always find it kind of funny that we hear about some "tragedy" in the paper about some 'poor' girl who overdosed on heroin and died, like I'm supposed to pity someone for their own stupidity and lack of self control, I say good riddance.

Bhang
Regulation and Taxation, that is where we should start

Oh, and quickly legalize the bud!

dave123
that pisses me off when they say "this is an educational video, make up ur own mind"
then they go "DRUGS KILL YOU (hint hint)" and "DRUGS RUIN LIVES (hint hint)" and all the facts are on the negative effects, makes me laugh laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
lol..thats true!! That is so true...
yeah Taxation adn regulation..i agree absolutely with Bhang.....that should be sorted out first...

el_barto
well if they legalize drugs that means the market will go up and ppl will spend all thier money on them and be forced do steal from other ppl because they need to be stoned if we keep them legal ppl will have to sneak them and so that means that there will be less sales and with less sale ppl wont use all of there money so they wont need to steal

catch my drift? in my opinion either way were screwed so we might as well just keep drugs ilegal

lil bitchiness
What the f**k? i didnt quite get that..but i kinda got the gist of it...

It wont be like that...ppl steal and will steal anyway..no matter what....but the crime will go down if they all become legal blink sagnificantly down...

dave123
i dont really care, not like it majorly changes me anyway

Tired Hiker
I disagree. I don't think that legalizing drugs will make all that many more people do them. I think it will just make the people who use them less paranoid about getting busted. This isn't necessarily a good thing, but I highly doubt it will create the problems you suggested. I think the main reason drugs won't be legalized any time soon is because too many cops would lose their jobs, cops who probably use drugs.

lil bitchiness
yes with out a doubt! I agree with that!!!

el_barto
oh yeah no one agree with the simpson fan humf

lil bitchiness
I love Simpsons if that helps..confused

el_barto
no it doesnt

lil bitchiness
confused sorry....

ando
I think that legalising drugs would be fine so long as it is regulated, so that they were used for recreational purposes, and not for a substitute for life, Aloha

ragesRemorse
drugs should deffaintly NOT be legalized. They are illegal for a reason you know. I do think though that at the beginning weed should have been legal and alchohol illegal. Oh well both make for a slow mind. If you really want to get high that bad. close your eyes and spin around really fast. You get the same basic effect. But your body isnt going to suffer, well unless you spin around at the top of a flight of stairs. Drugs would do no good being legalized. It wouldnt help anything. Crime would actualyl logically go up. Think about how many drug dealers there would be if drugs were legalized. I'm not saying theres nothing wrong with the occasional trip away from consciousness, but i also acknowledge they would just be an even more dangerous intrument if they were legal

ando
I agree pot should be legal, and a lot bloody cheaper, but how would crime levels increase by regulated legalisation, Aloha Timo?
If people are going to do it they are going to do it, I think that the quality of drugs would improve, not the effects the actual content of the drugs would be alot cleaner is being made and distributed buy trained chemists

ando
I understand the points you are trying to make mostly though.aloha Tim

lil bitchiness
RagesRemorse you live in USA, so tell me, how well did the prohibition work?! How many poeple died from alcohol poisoning? Just because someting is made illagel, doesnt mean its the right way to deal with it.

ando
WORD,lil *****

Fire
lol, I agree with BF legalize the damn thing, let ppl kill themselves if they want, but keep a veryv ery very sharp eye on everyone who is using it

ando
I said no to drugs, but they didn't listen, peace out, Timo

el_barto
if drugs are legalized there will be more junkies on the streets and probably the junkies will be high and drugs impare judgement and so that will mean more rapes,kills,insults,and more sluts and just imagine what the efects will be if a kid see's his dad doin drugs that just wouldnt be pretty

ando
word up el barto good points, parden the pun

Matrix_man
i think drugs should stay illegal, as legalising it would put my cartel out of business!wink

just kidding...i dunno really..on the one hand its good to legalise it cozza the crime situation, but on the other hand, legalising it would send a message to kids that drugs arent dangerous and we'd have a lot more teen druggies and a higher death rate...confused but i dunno

just do what dave says at the end of the day...

ando
may be it should be illegal, but if you get caught, they let you off, sounds good to me, the pillers keep pilling and the rest of the world is oblivious, Also, I think the laws should be made for each individual drug, as they are all very different, wwe don't classify cigarettes with alcohol, why this, just ideas, aloha Timo

el_barto
and if it stays ilegal then the ppl who are on drugs will try and hide from the public and so that means that there (might) be a lower crime rate

cermiestar
Ben Elton - High Society

Dirty Vader
I think they should legalise pot but not the rest. Pot isnt as dangerous
as the other drugs. Basicaly, its strong tobacco.

Fire
lol like in belgium and in holland?

Fitch
red district....hmmm....you've got many things legalised big grin

Fire
yea, that's cause we's a cool country stick out tongue

Fitch
you also have something with gays.....don't know what

Fire
gay marriage smile

el_barto
they should legalize hemp though because u cant smoke it and it was used to make paper so why kill millions of trees when u can just grow hemp every year? it takes about 1 year for hemp to regrow and it takes like 50 years for a tree to regrow so why kill the rain forest when u can get paper and other tree based items made out of hemp

lil bitchiness
you truly are..thumb up yes

happy kine
on my story - as an avid drug user for the last 10 years i say make it all legal. i've done them all... it seems a lot of you out there have a misconception about drug users. i don't steal to get more drugs... i'm not living off gov't cheese... i have a great relationship with my family... i have a good job... am i the exception to the rule? no. you have been listing to propaganda! i am a happy person and do not get high to escape reality. i get high because its kinda neat seeing what the mind is capable of.

on the goose and the gander - as a kid i watched my parents use mind altering substances to get through their day... coffee in the morning to get that "jolt"... a few beers at night to relax. cigarettets are more addictive then heroine... and the second hand smoke harms the people around you... usually children that have no choice but to be where they are at.

basicaly drugs can be dangrous... but they will not make you dangerous... if you think that you have watched too many after school specials, or after school propaganda as i like to call it.

royal_jester
no drugs should be kept where the belong...

THE THRASH!!!

Friend44
Here in Canada, pot will be legalized for sick people. They will also open shooting galleries for heroimanes to trade needles. All the while, we have lost the Grand Prix Races because the gvrn't would not allow cigarette publicity on the cars.

Go figure.

lil bitchiness
I agree. Drugs can be dangerous, so can alcohol, and heck so is tobacco.,.so much more damaging than some drugs..

I think some people should read up on the REAL consiquence of the PURE drugs....the thing from what majority drug users die is AIDS which they get from sharing needles. Other people who die is from the unstable health brought by the 'IMPURITIES' that drug delers put in to make it weight more...

duffy
Yeah i agree happy kine.
legal drugs = no dealers and safer drugs, sounds good to me big grin

Exactly! big grin

Corlindel
Legalize it or set tobacco and tobacco ilegal too.

It is better for all and it is worst for dealers.
Dugs addiction is a disease, more social and medical support, higher punishment for dealers.

I smoke haxixe and marijuana sometimes and I don't drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. Alcohol and tobacco are worst for myn health and for my mind.

lil bitchiness
agreed! yes

Corlindel
Health cares for all not only for addicted rich people who have money to pay.

Poor people are junkies and go for jail. Rich people take a bath and go to desintoxication clinics.

F***

lil bitchiness
Thats one of the things we get to debaite at criminology lectures...well obviously the very obvious differance in punishment between rich and poor peole, but also,
why is it that drug abuse is seen as a crime rather than a health problem?!

Corlindel
I am a lawyer/barrister and last week hurted me to see an addicted my client going to jail where he can keep his addiction with the cumplicity of the system, without no protection and medical cares, sometimes till dead.

It is simple to say no to something when we don't know the reasons of people's addiction. There smart people who get addicted, sometimes it is not a question of choice.

In the same way the modern medicine view the stress, depressing states or other alterated mind states like a disease, in opposite ti some decades ago. We must believe that dugs addcition is a disease and no legalizing drugs it is not the way.

I dont descriminate nobody and I don't like the depreciative term "junkie" without knowying the addicted who I am talking about.

Maybe if some of you have the life style of some drug addicted people you would became addicted too. Sometimes life it is not so easy as ask your daddies to buy a new home computer.

GABRIEL05
But if drugs were legal how would the US GOV make their $$$ off illicit drug sales in the US?

lil bitchiness
Im gonna be a lawyer too..in 5 years time..big grin

I dont however know if i should do criminal law..i dont think i can do what you do...maybe....

lil bitchiness
you are so right...thumb up

Corlindel
USA drugs politics are a fake.

I was in Latin America - Colombia - last year working in an NGO peace program and I can assure that what US Government say make me sick.

Everyones is fighting for the money of cocaine. The Farc for one side the government with US suport for the other, Both are criminals and both get profits from drug commerce.

When I see the american DEA/CIA fighting drug programs, when they support some latin america governments fight against guerrilas, they make me laugh, and so I am sure that most of times US Government only wants political benefits.

Corlindel
stick out tongue I am a little tired of it and I am changing my carrer slowly to something more cool - photography.

Good luck. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
thumb up Thanks Coril wink

el_barto
JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS

Dogbert
if u want to do drugs, you should be able to. yes, it is retarded to do drugs, but it is up to them to kill themselves

el_barto
and think of what effects it would have on kids to see their perents doing drugs and dating junkies that would be realy creepy dont you think?

luvCpt.JSparrow
i think they should too. just like you already said, whether its legal or not ppl are going to buy it and use it anyways. i dont know about the hard core stuff like meth....but weed, come on...its just like getting drunk, seriously have you ever heard of a weed OD ? i dont think so.

el_barto
i still say NO weed i dont realy care about but if ur talking COKE and other REALY BAD shit like that then im gonna get out my BAZOOKAS and start shooting

lil bitchiness
People are taking these drugs ANYWAY! Legalazing them will make them safer, and would you like to know a frightening statistic?

from 1994 to 1996 36 people died from cocaine/crack

- 1 person from LSD
-277 from heroin (health wise)
-616 from methadone
-36 cocain/crack

Form alcohol and tobbaco PER ANNUM are

alcohol - 4, 235
tobbaco - 120, 000

Those figures show how many people die of tobbaco and alcohol and how many of them die of so called evil killing drugs. Most of these people died from the immpurities in the drugs put in by the dealers.
If we legalise them, not only will all dealer be out of job, but people will be safer to use them, and THAT death rate would fall.
The true physical effects of PURE heroin are none other (apart from the bliss obviously) than a mild constapation.

Fire
you sure those numbers are correct lil? where did you get them?

lil bitchiness
Oh, i got them from internet....wait...i'll go again and check the site.

Fire
cause not everything you find on the internet is a correct source

lil bitchiness
Yeah, i know that thumb up

lil bitchiness
ok..here we go...this is the source:

http://www.urban75.com/Drugs/drugdeath.html

''Sources: Social Trends, pub. Office of National Statistics, based on research from the Institute for the Study of Drug Dependence. These figures cover 1994-6, and are reproduced as released by the ONS. 1999''

Linkalicious
I agree. And even though i don't have this particular problem...maybe they could eliminate schwag from the market in the process. (see i do look out for Riverside trash)

mook
i dont think all drugs should be legalised but i think society should change its approach to drug abuse.

instead of locking people up for being an addict they should acknowledge it as a problem and treat the person.
Holland seems to have a good approach to such things with natural drugs like cannabis (+mushrooms?) being available from places that can be monitored and regulated as well as providing services such as clean needles so heroin addicts can avoid catching/spreading disease such as HIV/AIDS.

(Just out of interest who here takes/has taken what?)

masked_killer
no u cant legalize all drugs because the british people may all want to try them and then the public could get hooked and instead of people working a hell of a lot of people will be otu of the heads on various drugs 24/7. Legalizing could stop a lot of crimes but it will also create more drug addicts so it will not help too much

The Omega

BackFire
If drugs were legalized then a bunch of people would celebrate by overdosing on harmful drugs and dying, thus ridding the world of their foolishness and lowering the population a bit. that's why I'm all for legalizing drugs.

amity75
I dont like drugs, they get in the way of thinking and people who do them bore me to death.

Fire
I kinda agree with backfire, tho I think we should protect ppl against themself

el_barto
well also think of it this way if we legalize drugs that means like 4 TIMES the people will take them now that it is safe and legal (and i will say it again THINK OF THE CHILDREN)

homer_clone
if we legalize drugs theyll just keep taking them and taking them until they get an overdose and keel over. taking a big chunk out of the populaition. they could give away drags for birthdays people!
if theyre gonna legalize drugs then atleast make a law 21+ age
Think of the children!

silver bitchiness
Maybe you should research a bit on drugs and what is it that kills people who take them.

The Omega

mook
and its not as if making them illegal is stopping anyone getting what they want. i scored some weed last night just walking home from the pub.

el_barto
im not gonna answer ur question untill u answer mine QUESTION: if u had the chance to take any drug u wanted and NOT get busted would you do it (im guessing you dont know how stupid people can be when they are in groups and individualy)

el_barto
and the 4 times thing was an estimate i will find the real number sooner or later

silver bitchiness
The Omega has a point el_barto. Just because something is legal doesnt mean people will start automaticly the using it.

What about the underground industry of drug smuglers and crime rates. Gun crime is very closely related to drug crime.

Baylin
Having dealt with teenagers that have died from taking drugs such as heroine and various other illicit substances and seen the way it tears families apart I would prefer it if they introduced the death penalty for anyone caught dealing in them!

Captain REX
Ditto. It shouldn't be legal.

silver bitchiness
I repeat...yet again...the effects of pure drugs are nowhere near as dangerous as those of tobacco and alcohol!!!

I have also posted some statistics, and if you go back a page and read them, you'll see.

War on drugs has been going on for almost 100 years now!!! What has changed? Please tell me what has changed? Nothing!! Pepole are still usign them, and dying from the impurities of them.

Billons are spent on war on drugs and NOHING has changed. There should be a different approach to it!

Captain REX
Speakin of drugs, one of my friends got caught doing cocaine and weed and having sex. Her parents sent her to a boarding school in MEXICO!!! eek!

Baylin
The stuff in italics is my answers to the argument

evocation
That's a bit harsh! Shouldn't we throw them in prison instead? And btw -- the police might decide they don't like a certain person and they might plant false evidence on them...then what happens: they get the death penalty...great...another innocent man killed.

silver bitchiness
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud

silver bitchiness
Why dont you have a look where I got those statistics from. I havent made any of that up.

There is something wrong with the system as it is, or people wouldnt be still using them, would they?

Why dont you reflect on prohibition act in america banning alcohol? How many people died from making thier own alcohol? How many died from buying from other people which were, may i add full of shit!!

Yeah, banning it worked really well, didnt it. Also the statistc show that more people died in that period from alcohol then they have when the alcohol was legal!!

The Omega

el_barto
but how many people do drugs and like bf said theyed probably have a HUGE party and kill themselves with over dose

Baylin
After reading what everyone has to say and using my own experiences and opinions I have come to the conclusion

We're damned if do legalise drugs and we're damned if we don't! sad

andyF1
on an earlier reply, some one said more people die of drink amd tobaco
maybe, but drugs have more effect on u mentally, i wouldnt trust any 1 who does drugs.

el_barto
i still say NO

evocation
I currently don't trust anyone on Class B or higher drugs. Cannabis is okay, because it tends to chill people out rather than make them angry and likely to commit crimes.

lil bitchiness
You dont trust anyone who uses any drugs? What exactly do you mean by that? Tombacco and alcohol are drugs...they just happen to be legal.

Lets say for the sake of the argument you dont trust people who use illegal drugs, you dont trust them, but you would trust a drunken man behind the wheel?

el_barto
because that is the world we live in (kinda stupid huh?)

SlipknoT
I wish pot was legalized.

homer_clone
the reason most people die of tabacco and alcohol is because more people take them if we legalized all drugs then deaths would rapidly increase because more people would take heroin pot etc. etc.
and tabbaco and alcohol because there legal. maybe you guys wouldnt buy drugs because its you but your not the whole world people!

The Omega

el_barto
im saying the people that are ALREADY doing drugs

homer_clone
well he would

Sex Pistol
I think it should be too.

Herion should be, and remain illegal. I ****ing hate it!

lkotbr33
i think ure mom should be legal

lkotbr33
jkjkjk

ancietwisdom
no I think that people should not abuse their bodies with any
drug including alcohol, pot/etc, and cigarettes. Even perscription
drugs from doctors are not good for you.
wink The Best thing for you are herbs, vitamins, and minerals. The
types of herbs that heal the bodies functions.

The Omega
El barto> For the fifth time: Wold you start doing drugs if they were legalised

homer_clone
who says hes the mind of everyone? even if he wont do it then still other people would. THINK OF THE BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peloquin
yeah spare a moment to think of the bums, poor bums sad no one ever thinks of the bums, if you think of one thing today let that thought be of a bum smile

lil bitchiness
Dont be so ignorant please!

The Omega has a point. Just because they were legalised, not everyone will start doing them.
The bums are doing them now...ANYWAY!!!!!

homer_clone
lol

Tired Hiker
Yes, all drugs should be legalized. And delivered to me each day.

el_barto
i would not do drugs if they were legalized BUT then think LIKE BF SAID the ppl doing drugs might have a HUGE party and that would expose many people to drugs OR every one would die from overdose at the party and then some of the people here will realize that it is NOT a good idea

lil bitchiness
If you wouldnt do it, what makes you certain that other people will?

el_barto
well i guess some of u ppl havnt met DUMBASSES yet

el_barto
if drugs were all legalized kids (stupid kids) might think "HEY the government said it was OK!" and do drugs

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i hope idiots in society do drugs. we dont need them...but the idiots balance socity.

Tired Hiker
Well, maybe, but at least they would have had a choice!msn-wink

Drugs are like abortions. They're gonna happen whether they are legal or not.

lil bitchiness
Kids who want to do drugs, are not paticularty bothered if its legal or not. They will do it anyway...

Children should be educated about drugs, and the effect of hard drugs...banning them will not make it all better, they wont just ''go away'' just becuse hey are illegal.

el_barto
GOD do i have to argue this all day?!?!?!? if u legalize drugs more people will do them because they will think that it is "safe" if u keep them ilegal then they will fear that drugs are SO harmfull that they will kill u (WITCH THEY DO) and i dont think that u people are thinking that DRUGS KILL they are not just something that u can take over and over and over and u will be ok PEOPLE ARE RETARDS (that is the first lession in life) they do REALY stupid stuff (for instance THEY DO DRUGS!)

el_barto
im sry if that sounded to.... stupid

Tired Hiker
No, a lot of people think of it that way.

lil bitchiness
OMG!

What the hell are you talking about? Alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than some first class drugs!!
Are you saying that tobbacco and alcohol are safe and thats why they are legal?

Legalazing drugs will bring whole of the underground industry down!! And with that the crime rate. People who die from heroin and cocain die from the impurities in them that dealers put in them to make it weigh more.
The other reason druggys die is AIDS because they share needles...if all of this was to be legal and acessable, not many people would die.

Ok, pot!

Do you know that there hasnt been a reported fight of any sort where at least one of the participants has been high off weed? Do you know that most violence that happned due to any drugs is alcohol!!

Legalising drugs will do more good...if not in short term, then most deffiniftivly in the long term.

Tired Hiker
If drugs were legalized, they would be clean, the people who deal them wouldn't be shady, there would be safe places to do them, crime would go down, and a lot of police men and DEA agents and FBI and CIA guys would lose their jobs.

lil bitchiness
You in America just like we here in UK have a problem of prison overcrowding, and that would be regualted, then wouldn't it?

Gun crime is related to drug rime...one goes down, the other will follow.

Tired Hiker
I agree!

lil bitchiness
Yeah, you should stick out tongue

el_barto
im sick and tired of arguing with people that drugs kill people GO AHEAD BECOME A DRUG ADICT FOR ALL I CARE

BTW: think about this if u legalize drugs protestors might riot killing people

Fire
maybe lil but I don't think it is that simple

Lord Shadow Z
I don't think that they should become legal because I for one don't wan't to be breathing in someone's cannabis when I'm standing at the bus stop or walking down the street. I don't want to walk over hundreds of used needles that will propably still be left on the street for neighbourhood kids to play with, because I doubt they will be in any state of mind to get rid of it appropiately. Legalising all drugs will just be a disgusting thing to do because any way you look at it people have
died from taking E, cocaine, heroin, LSD etc and legalising them will definately kill more people and not just strangers either.

The Omega

Linkalicious
I think everyone should atleast TRY pot and/or shroomz once during their life. Both are for the most part "natural" and they broaden your experiences in this life. Now i'm not advocating doing drugs all the time (only i do that), but i think it's an experience that's worth trying out 1 time during your life.

el_barto
is any one besides homer_clone gonna agree with me or am i just talking to a bunch of junkies

el_barto
and im not saying EVERY ONE will do them im saying ALOT OF PPL WILL DO THEM

el_barto
and the reason they are kept ilegal is because the government knows they are NOT safe. And the government are the ones making all these comercails and books about NOT DOING DRUGS. So people listen to the government and they might think "HEY the government made it legal it must be safe!" (an any ways what is the point of legalizing something if ppl are just gonna keep saying "DONT DO THEM" were is the profit in that?)

Fire
the appeal of drugs is even greater when they are illegal as is proven by several university studies

problem is legalizing drugs would make the market a lot bigger

el_barto
how is the apeal greater when they are ileagal do people just think "OH these things are ileagal LETS DO THEM!"

Fire
well certainly to children between the age of 12 and 18 things that are forbidden have a greater appeal, I dont exactly know how it works, but it does work. if you want to you can do a few experiments yourself with some younger kids forbid them to play with something really boring and most of them will want to play with it

Striel
I have a lot to add about this subject, but seeing as how I was told we aren't allowed to discuss things like this here... I think I'll just post my info on my site. :P

Fire
very mature post we must say

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>