have you ever thought??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fini
laughing out loud ok this thread may get shut down.

........but........why do you think there is a drastic differnce in heights between the elves of middle-earth and those in Santa's workshop.

....cause they both got the ears and the hair........but alas they are vertically challanged

laughing out loud laughing out loud...........ok ok me have the flu and high on drugs ,forgive me.
hehehe

Camellia
Well, Santa's elves are short because of the multiple tramplings they suffer from Santa's reindeers.....big grin

Exa
LOL good point

the not-so-funny-but-true explanation is that the elves simply got smaller and smaller during all the ages
In the third age they werent even so much bigger than men anymore
And, well, now we live in the seventh age, war of the ring is over several thousand years ... and so they are quite small now smile

Hegemon875
Before the rise of Christianity elves were thought to be very tall,fair, and much greater than humans just like in the LOTR. But when Christianity started to spread they didn't like the idea of these creatures being God-like so they changed their image and made them short, funny, and associated them with children's stories. It's sad but true, the elves have lost much of their former glory due to Christianity.

mah
laughing out loud It'll stay open for now, but I doubt it can be kept on topic for long laughing out loud

BingaBonga
i've thought about that too... and hegemon, i think that's a good point, i truthfully because of the modern day all the formalities have decreased and even in religons... people are changing the rules for their sake... which is sad...

Anyway... i've thought about that fact, and i didn't know what hegemon said, and that explains a lot, maybe tolkien got the idea of elves like that? i have absolutely no clue...

Bloom4ever
Fini, i kno this is off-topic but dyou kno if theres a trilogy tuesday in trinidad?

fini
ah meh fellow trini............WOW a trini besides me!!!!!!!

hmmm i dont know...........well we're not getting the EE versions showing here.

But u know MovieTown showed FOTR when TTT had opened.........so there is a chance that they MIGHT do it again.
But dread i doh have the money to go watch 3 movies in MovieTown.............i could go Cinema's 8 and watch a lot more

hmmmmmmm i know the people running Kay Donna.........and we have plans to get them to show alll 3 movies sometime in January for fund raising.......but we gone see bout that

fini
IF we DOING THAT............i'll message you , so doh worry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.