Nofx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grymlock
well does anyone know/listen to NOFX?? well they are punk ska and their music and show/live definitely kick ass... just love them!!

please play this song on the radio...

cheers!!

mah
Decent..

Curl_Up&Dye
i love nofx....

i also like MxPx and the now forgotten Fenix Tx...a lot of x's.

Difrycheulyd
Yeah I really like NOFX.... I love their album 'War on errorism' at the moment....

but their old stuff is equally as impressive. I just like the more political messages in this about todays happenings....

"Somewhere in Texas a village is missing a idiot."

laughing out loud

Puppet Of Doom
NOFX is cool.

yeah Fenix-Tx was awesome-both albums were awesome

i'm not a fan of nofx

Thing_1
I think NOFX is awesome!

grymlock
but i think the best song would be 'bob' and 'moron brothers' ...

cheers!!

SilverFighter
I like NOFX but that "War on Errorism" sounds like they are practicing politics. They have some great punk lyrics but why are they putting politics in their music now? Anyways their first albums kick ass I just hope they ditch all that political BS on their next album!

mah
Wtf? "War on Errorism" was the first cd where they had some serious lyrics. Why is that BS?

SilverFighter
When using politics in music some artist discredit themselves by spreading propaganda. Why? because they use their own political views and express them in their music. Music should be enjoy not debated like they do in politics!! Punk is form of expresion but to use it to promote your own political views is BS. Are you following why I'm trying to say?

p.s. this ain't a flamer post so don't get the wrong idea.

mah
I'm not following what you're saying at all. Since the beginning punk has been a way of expressing political views and their disliking of certain aspects of society.

SilverFighter
From Franco Un-American

"Now I can't believe; what an absolute failure
The president's laughing 'cause we voted for Nader"

How do you take this sentence? I said to myself "Nader?" What do I care about Nader and the president being a failure (besides I don't give a fick about bush)? That's why I felt like this is left wing propaganda (I maybe wrong but that's what I said when I first hearded) Whatcha think?

*edit note* Sorry for the using the "S" word Julibug. Won't happen again.

kayleigh104
nofx are great! smile

mah
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? You might not agree with them, but punk has been a way to promote political views forever, so I simply can't see your point.

SilverFighter
Dude, is just an observation and a comment on the lyric that is ALL!! I'm not putting down KOFX (HELL NO WAY I WOULD NEVER PUT THEM DOWN) or saying that their politics are wrong. I just don't see why they had to advertise that Unprecedent.org stuff in the album? If you don't think is propaganda then nevermind!!

grymlock
but i have to agree with mah... since the beginning of punk, lyric is the important part of punk music to express their view in everything especially politic point of view...

cheers!!

cermiestar
Yeah i agree with mah too.

i did find it funny that some fans thought that they had spelt "terrorism" wrong. laughing out loud

grymlock
it's just pure terror when politics control everything in this world...

cheers mate!!

Jeff_Atello
I love NoFX, and I always have. I especially love that they are taking a stand politically. Fat Mike has some strong views, and it's nice to see them being expressed. He even put together a "Rock Against Bush" comilation CD and tour.

p0ser
They kick ass! And they have always been a political band...But only when needed.

They are definitely not the type to ***** and moan if it's not necessary..

The rock against bush tour was awesome, I saw them last Saturday. ****ing great.

And the Rock against Bush CD is hella good too.

NOFX rules!

Jeff_Atello
Yes, they do. sadly, I didn't get to see them on the "Rock Against Bush" tour, and they aren't coming to San Antonio for Warped Tour, but I will definitely by the comp. CD.

p0ser
I would recommend it.

It's somewhat decent and if anything you're supporting their cause.

And Curl_Up&Dye, Is your name in reference to the band curl up and die? Lol, I think they are great, a local band and I've always supported them. They really kick ass live. AWESOME.

Jeff_Atello
I like most of the bands on there anyway. I'm glad to see Social Distortion has a new song.

RedAlertv2
Any one else like this band?

tabby999
yep, one of punks finest contributions to the world

StinkFist462
yes good stuff

SnakeEyes
I Like it... mmmmm, I like it.

mr.smiley
One of the last true punk bands.
God bless them all.

StinkFist462
^eww your avvy is SICK dude

Deathblow
They've totally dominated a decade and a half of punk, what more can I say?

I can also play way more NOFX songs than any other band happy

Fearnix
they were awesome the Punk in Drublic album was a master piece

StinkFist462
i like Pump Up The Valium . but all there cds are good .

RedAlertv2
Anyone heard the song The Decline? It is insane. Its over 18 minutes long and was the only song on one of their albumss, also called The Decline.

Afro Cheese
Yeah I've heard it. It's not bad for a 18 minute punk song because they switch the sound of the song several times.. but it's still an 18 minute punk song so I rarely can sit through the whole thing.

StinkFist462
that song is awesome. cept my cousin kinda stole my Decline so i cant listen to it sad

SlipknoT
I like that song My Vagina.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by StinkFist462
yes good stuff

thanks

barbarossa
They are really good...

RedAlertv2
They have become one of my favorite bands. One of the best punk bands. I was disappointed to learn they are not coming to my area on the Warped Tour

StinkFist462
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I like that song My Vagina.

my cousin did a live cover of that song and wont agree to play it again. that bastard. i have the setlist and it has the 2nd guitarist/kabasa players' blood all over it.

sk8stuff09
yeah, crazy ass original punk band...they got some cool newer songs, like glass war.

RedAlertv2
I just read that NOFX is in the process of making a new album that will be coming out this year. Good stuff.

SlipknoT
Thought they were done making New Albums?

RedAlertv2
Check Ultimate-Guitar.com

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_nofx_album_this_year.html

tabby999
awsome, gotta love NOFX

sk8stuff09
i was just listening to them....kick a$$

Deathblow
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Thought they were done making New Albums?

They're a punk band, they ain't gonna be done till at least three of them are dead.

RedAlertv2
Im definitely looking forward to a new album.

StinkFist462
whoa. usually after a Greatest Hits you kinda stop. whatever NOFX owns.

JimMorrison227
NOFX are a great band, and I hope this new cd is awesome. The Decline is probably my favourite song of all time.

Red Superfly
I'm off to see'em live in August. Yay me.

RedAlertv2
Awesome. I'd go see them live in a heartbeat, but they dont seem to tour much in the US

Kumar
wow, this is the first thread i have ever seen where people have agreed about anything for more than 6 straight posts. amazing!! i guess it is cool but it kinda doesn'y make much room for discussion with no arguments...... >_>;

NOFX kicks..... thats right they just "kicks"... no ass, just kicks

xxxpoppunker182
NOFX has a new album coming out....................rad gonna have to get it.

SnakeEyes
I really like this band. I've been recently listening to them a lot more. I'm liking The Decline, Stickin In My Eye and Franco Unamerican at the moment.

RedAlertv2
Ive been listenin to the War on Errorism album. Good stuff

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by barbarossa
They are really good...

wait a minute.... didnt you say only "poseurs" listen to NOFX?

Imaginary
I've only heard a couple of their songs, but yeah they're quite good.

SnakeEyes
I'm listening to: "The Greatest Songs Ever Written: By Us" right now. GREAT album, considering that it has a nice compilation of awesome songs.

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
wait a minute.... didnt you say only "poseurs" listen to NOFX?

I believe he means that it is the only real punk band that poseurs listen to.

RedAlertv2
Thats a flawed statement. If someone is listening to and appreciating real punk music, how are they posers?

SnakeEyes
Also couldn't find a thread on this band.

I love these guys; definitely my single favorite punk band.

Thoughts?

RedAlertv2
One of my favorites.

Them and Bad Religion essentially introduced me to punk rock. Although sometimes I feel like I'm outgrowing them, I'll probably never outgrow the influence they've had on my musical tastes and exposure.

Kid Kurdy
They're good.

Blank force
the greatest songs ever written is a good album
seperate the church and skate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.