Burstnet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
I keep coming!!!

Every time I'm here for 5 minutes; after that, when I reply to something I get the message 'cannot find server' normally that comes from C:...... but this one comes from burstnet.com
How can that be?

Raz
Burstnet.com are the advertising providers for the site. I'm not sure what their servers have got to do with the display of a page here.

What OS and Browser + Version are you using?

yerssot
OS? is that windows 98?

My browser is Internet Explorer
version: 5

Raz
From what I can gather is that it seems to be a problem at your ISPs end.

Nothing we can do here, sorry.

yerssot
ah I see the ISP ??????????

Raz
You know, the peeps that you pay to give you internet access.

From what I can tell, they are having DNS probs. This is where converting a domain name to its respective IP address is not happening successfully...resulting in a error message page.

Although I still don't understand why this is preventing you from see the forum. Can you post a screenshot of the error page?

yerssot
Oh brother! a screenshot?
Push the button 'Prt scr' and it will happen? yeah right! NOT

yerssot
here it is, sorry but .doc is not valid for upload

Ushgarak
Ok, is there any way that a failure to load that advert would make him unable to load the page if it fouled up?

I fail to load the advert sometimes but it is just the banner at the top right that comes up blank.

yerssot
I think you got it wrong;
if I want to go to a page on this forum I get this page; no advertisment, just a regular page of here.

Ratcat
Could be that BurstNet has a prob as Raz says and is trying to load a pop up or something but it's going _top on the current page, rather than to a new window.

Just my humple opinion of course. big grin

Ushgarak
Yerssot, there are ads on every page.

Ratcat
And sometimes half a dozen pop-ups too.

yerssot
Ush, I know, but that's the only page I get when I want to open a new page

Ushgarak
I don;t see why you think we have it wrong, then. Not that any of us are actually sure what the problem is.

yerssot
I got the picture that you guys thought that the pop-up didn't work.
Sorry; my mistake

Raz
It has *nothing* to do with popups. Burst *throughly* check their adcode before publishing it.

Since no-one else it getting the same prob, it could be a prob with IE. I know that if an ad doesn't load in Netscape, the rest of the page won't load - could be the same for old versions of IE.

yerssot, why don't you upgrade to IE6? http://www.microsoft.com/ie
Its handles tables faster than its predecessors - and well worth the download!

Ratcat
IE6 would be a good move, though a rather large download in standard 56K modem.

It also has some neat features for general browsing, including an excellent new image handling engine.

Raz
According to yerssots IP address - he's got ADSL. No prob wink

yerssot
got the new IE, hopes everything will work!

Ratcat
Yeah, it's a nice easy install. Best IE install I've seen (and I've seen most of them) laughing out loud

yerssot
no problems so far!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.