explain this -spoiler-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stinkfist462
when neo and bane were fighting and the orange smiht appeared... it showed that his head fell of.. but in the normal view.. his head was still in place..... ?

fanatos
His head blew, that means smith died, he no longer existed in bane's body or mind. That also means that bane died.

Mr. Anderson couldn't hit hard enough to blow someone's head off. He was not in the matrix you know.

P.S.
Watch that part once again. Do you see bane wearing glasses or a suit. Why didn't you also ask about it? big grin

dave123
yeah, neo's a wimp in the real world

Verity
What the f**k? He still kicked a$$! Give him some credit! It's not easy to wipe Smith's head off and leave Bane's head on! I mean, poor Bane!.....It wasn't really his fault!

dave123
for someone that knows kung-fu and such, he sucked

Verity
He hadn't learnt how to pass his mental abilities onto his physical abilities yet I suppose!

stinkfist462
lol... hey whoever smith takes over is the greatest!

Trinity_Matrix
Not necessarily a wimp, more like just a normal guy in the real world. Well, a normal guy with a few extra powers wink In the real world he doesn't have his Matrix powers...except for being able to 'sense' the sentinels...and recognize Bane as a Smith (though I don't see how he didn't figure it out earlier...how many people, exactly, call Neo 'Mr. Anderson'?)

rysdigital
i don't know what movie you watched, but his head was off in the real world too.

watch it again. bane has no head left. don't know what gave you the idea that he did have a head still.

rysdigital
kindly point out where bane's head is on this picture. no expression

i changed the brightness for clarity purposes.

Trinity_Matrix
You can't really see anything in that picture, in it Bane looks like he's missing part of an arm, which he wasn't. But I do believe I located where his head is, you can clearly see a shadowy part right in the spot where his head should go. Image attached has this circled. I tried to fix up the contrast on the pic to show it better, but I couldn't. That pic is really bad quality.

Neo wouldn't have been able to knock off Bane's head anyway, in the state he was in...he had just gotten the crap kicked out of him by Bane and had his eyes burned out. As soon as he killed Bane/Smith he pretty much crawled back over to the hatch to let Trin out of the fuse room. There was no way, with his injuries, that he'd be able to knock a person's head off.

rysdigital
it doesn't look like he's missing part of his arm. it's not my fault you don't know what threedimensionality is. the rest of his arm (and body) is just blocking view of it, which clearly isn't the case for his head. and your attached pic, i laugh at that. there's NO indication at all there's a head there, it's your imagination, sorry.

Trinity_Matrix
Oh yes. Explaining 3-d to an art student. That's a new one. I didn't say that Bane was missing an arm, I said that because of how the lighting fell and the poor quality of the picture, it looks like his arm is missing below the elbow. I know that his arm is being blocked by his body. Now here's my explanation to you.

You can see a shadow that extends from where Bane's shoulder's would be (if that picture was clear enough to see) to the wall. This shadow is round-shaped. The light is coming from behind Neo, meaning the only way there could be a shadow there is if Bane still had a head. If he had no head, there would not be a darker spot by where his shoulders would be.

And anyway, in that picture, about 2/3 of his head is off the bottom of the frame anyway.

Besides which, this thread wasn't arguing the existence of Bane's head, it was someone asking why Bane still had a head after Neo knocked off Smith's head.

rysdigital
seems i'm dealing with a blind art student here. his neck, and thus his head (since he's lying there pretty much horizontally), is no where ****ing near the bottom of the picture, its about 50 pixels off (roughly).

your last sentence makes me smile at your stupidity. i stated the threadposter's question was based on a false assumption and thus this thread is pointless. how come you don't understand this?

SpikeSpiegel
You can see his head when you're watching the film, but not in that picture.

rysdigital
no, you can't. i've seen it twice, i distinctly remember not seeing his head. and i payed special attention to it the second time. i guess we'll all see who's right when the dvd comes out, huh.

clavis9495
rys is right

burlyman
smile yeah he is

stinkfist462
does anyone here have a better pic.... where u can actually see sumthing?

rysdigital
the point *IS* you *CAN'T* see the head, because it's *NOT* there. smile

stinkfist462
oh yes it is dude..... u can see a perfectly round shadow where his head is.....

rysdigital
afraid not, chap.

stinkfist462
afraid so, chap....... wtf is chap? i know im stupid ......

rysdigital
means boy/man.

stinkfist462
yeah thats wut i thought..... ok yeah back to topic... dude his head is there!!!

rysdigital
are you 100% sure?

stinkfist462
more like 90 %..... i only seen the movie once and i took 2 piss breaks so i dont know wut happened in some areas... but i know wut i saw.. and i saw banes head still intact.... besides, how can u decapitate someones head with a pipe?

rysdigital
hit real hard?

stinkfist462
dude its a rounded edge...... so wut.. u sayin if i hit something hard enuff ( a persons head) with a baseball bat , it would fall off..... dont ****ing think so.......

Trinity_Matrix
All hitting someone in the head with a blunt object would accomplish is giving them a big dent.

rysdigital
of course it would. basic physics.

stinkfist462
it would like seriously do wut trintiy matrix said.. but it would knock there head off.....

SpikeSpiegel
I know I saw the head because I wanted to see if hit had been smashed off or not and I was suprised when I saw it on.

Big_Diek
...in the picture is head is folded down towards his chest...like looking down at himself...you can see the back of his head and his neck...When Neo did the iron thing...he blew the F*** out of smith not bane...because this blow to the head would have killed any human, smith is destroyed because his host is dead...it's that simple ladies and boys...really not that hard...

Trinity_Matrix
Thank you. That is exactly what I've been trying to say.

Verity
Yes he does!....What movie r you watching?? Bane's head was still there... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Omega
I second Rys here. As far as I saw it, Bane's head wasn't exactly were it was supposed to be.
Could someone who does NOT have a pirate copy maybe NOT make a screenshot that'll settle this?

mailedbypostman
good idea

fanatos
Here is another pic. I clearly see his head here, well, at least I see his neck, and it looks OK - not bleeding. confused

But, damn it! If smith's head blew off and bane's too, then if you watch carefully you can see how also smith's whole body collapsed, broke into pieces and disappeared in the air. But bane's body is safe and sound (but not kicking). At least that is visible. stick out tongue

Don't you agree? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Unknown
If Bane's head was smashed like Smith's was, wouldn't there be blood on the pipe and covering the ground?

The Omega
Sorry, Fanatos. I can see Neo, but not make head or tails (no pun intended) on the blur on the floor.
I wonder when the script becomes available?

stinkfist462
dude im positive its his head......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.