Suggestion: The Next Generation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
Ok, so recently there has been alot of discussion on 'what is classed as being reasonable' in regards to content, their has also been alot of discussion on the minimum age of members i.e. 'should it be increased or not?' regular vistors will know what i mean. I don't want to open up another 'can of worms' but in regards to this - which we know generates alot of discussion on behalf of all sides involved, so thinking from a completly neutral angle - well as neutral as a human can be,we all have our opnions no matter how small and general we feel they may be picked up by others. Anyway as KMC grows more and more in numbers they have a number of options they could take in regards to the aforementioned situations.

Increase the age for members to be able to join
Enforce rules onto the general community areas
Create new forum areas for other topics

All of which have been brought up in past discussions.

However something Raz and Julibug brought to my attention, has stuck with me and i've sort of 'toyed' with the concept.
scenario:Films,Games and even CD's carry warning labels warning of their content, so for KMC's authority attention why don't you allow an option that warns the potential reader that the content is of a more mature nature, ok i know what you are going to say it has its flaws and i agree, doing a HCI (Human, Computer Interaction) course i have to look into every angle picking out advantages and disadvantages and the current situation in a realistic view, we could ban all members under a certain age but their are serious loop holes that could be easily exploited,the number of members seriously out number the KMC staff and they are only humans who cannot be on 24/7 policing, a sort of automated protocol that bans certain words like ones adopted on certain game servers could be another possiblity ? but i am not too good with the whole software aspect of computers so i do not know the process of making this possible, more admin would be overkill. It is worth rembering that this site was created with movies in mind but its popularity has branched out into a series of other fields, so any drastic shape up could have adverse effects on the site. So heres my idea in more detail:
smile Mature Themed Threads are highlighted with a different font colour (red perhaps - just a suggestion)
smile In the forum area itself the aforementioned thread carries a advisory symbol (maybe a red circle crossed, or a caution sign i don't know)

Ok the above writing is not meant to critiscise anyone nor is it to highlight my opnions, it is merely a suggestion to a pretty common scenario.

Thanks for your time smile

Raz
That is actually quite a good idea.

We could also possibily have an option for the user to filter out the more explicit threads so they don't even see them.

I'll try looking into this more.

wicker_man
Cheers for the feedback, i too shall look into more plausable ideas with regards to this situation.

Dirty Vader
What are you trying to pull, WM?

wicker_man
Im not trying to pull anything, i merely posted the idea as a suggestion.

Hegemon875
Looks like someone ones going for a Mod position.

wicker_man
Nope, that is certainley not true, i merely posted the idea as a suggestion nothing more nothing less.

Phoenix
A filter would be great, Raz!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.