Check out excerpt of Chapter One!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vim

Vim

Vim
If that has you pumped wait til the good stuff starts! Woo-Hoo! See you tomorrow!

JKozzy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/jawdrop.gif
I want!! Awesome job, Vim!! Can't wait for it to hit shelves, and for your site to go online winkbig grin

Vim
Thank you and here's the conclusion to the following storyarc....

Vim

drunk_nazgul
Dude!!!

I like it! I'll buy it when it comes to Wal-Mart...

Who's the publisher? Just wanna know because Shadowskill and I need some ideas...

Vim
PublisherAmerica, you can check their website out by just adding a .com to the end, and you can pretty much get all your information there! I reallylike them, everyone that has helped has been really nice and patient. But the pay isn't that good, but i didn't care, i was just ready to see my book in published form!!

hotsauce6548
i voted on "I've read baby books better!" but dont get offended cuz i never really liked dbz but i never knew much bout it and i found out i really dont like it

drunk_nazgul
Dude, Vim, that sounds cool! I'm not in it for the pay either. But do you need a lot of money and sell your soul (I know that didn't make sense) to get it published?

Vim
hotsauce6548> ummm... Okay, even though my book has almost nothing to do with Dragonball Z, except the fact that the Fighters are able to perform energy moves, what's your point???
drunknazgul> no you do not get alot of money, and no you don't have to sell your soul (i know what you meant), if you got the book finished submit it to them they should respond with 3 to 4 days, a week at the most. Then they send an author questionaire, and before you respond to that you get a chance to make any last minute changes and such.. Like i said they are very nice and work with you any way they can.

Captain REX
I'm buying this when it hits the shelves!

Vim

hotsauce6548
sry bout that vim... i only read till where i saw da energy stuf and den i stopped... but now i no its not and i red it and its great!!!!! i cant change my vot but it would definetly be "Totally Awesome". is it alredy published? cuz imma buy it.

Vim
Well, I didn't mean to come off as "Well, My book is not anything like Dragonball Z, how dare you say that?" I was just asking about what similarities you saw in the characters and storyline! I must admit I am fan of DBZ and some things from the show leaked into my book, besides have you seen the uncut Japanese version of DBZ, that may change your mind! anywho it is being published, and I may have made a mistake by giving a sneak peek this early, because it may be months before it hits bookshelves!! Sorry, you may have to wait longer than you expected, I'll give some more previews, and I'm sure the website we'll be up soon, with a forum, FAQ sections, and preview section!! Its gonna rock, I can't wait!!! Thank you for saying that you did like it, I did not mean to be rude if I seemed that way...

hotsauce6548
no i didnt even read all the story wen i but "I've read baby books more interesting" and i jus saw the energy thing so i shoud've read the story 1st

SpikeSpiegel
I don't mind buying it but could we maybe all get tickets to get it for free?

Vim
ha ha ... we'll see, I may be able to get a deal going where you get so many percent off! so we'll just have to wait and see...

JKozzy
Sounds good! big grin

TheOne101
um lol whats it called again and how long is it? just wondering sounds good ill buy it

Vim
Its called Clashing Forces: Reclamation, its gonna be 246 pages long, and it should be mid-summer!! thanks for checking it out!

Reborn Again

Vim
Hey man that's great thanks for the feedback, you're like the first to give good feedback like that, and yeah most of my stuff is like, its mean to be like fastpaced, like you're watching unfold like movie, that's how I see it in my head, and I try to describe it as best as I can. Sometimes it comes out all at one like that, and I want the commas, because I want it to be as fastpaced to everyone else. To me, a period stops the action, and starts it again with the next sentence. So if the action or series of actions is happeing that quickly and that intense, then let it flow! Although I have made it a bit more coherent in the second part of the trilogy, which I should be finishing up here in about 3 or 4 months! Thanks again for the input, I sincerely appreciate it.

Captain REX
So, I take it that this book is coming out today?

Vim
Oh, sorry I just now saw that you posted here, and also sent the PM, so i didn't know. But anywho, yeah the book is "out", but I'm having trouble getting it in bookstores. I plan on getting a new publisher for my next two books, perhaps they will be more helpful in gettint the book into bookstores so it can be available everywhere!!

joelsef
Dude, Vim, yur story sounds awesome. ill definetly look for it when it hits shelves!

Vim
thank you! Any feedback is appreciative, and positive feedback is admired! Thank you again! And just wait 'til next year when Clashing Forces-Battles 2: Preservation & 3: Revitilization hit the shelves!

ShinOkami
My advice is let the writing stage how the action happens and not the punctuation; the run-on sentences distract from what's happening and the last thing you want is your readers annoyed at you. The present tense also seems awkward. But otherwise, it's good--the action is well-done, and I wish you best of luck in your future endeavours.

hotsauce6548
What book stores can i buy Clashing Forces at? And I know this is a personal question, but I was just wondering how old you were? I wish I could get my stories published...

Vim
Unfortunately the only place you can purchase the book is online either at Amazon.com or at publishamerica.com. I'm 21, and it wasn't as hard as thought PublishAmerica was the first publisher i sent my stuff to and they approved. I guess it was luck, or they actually liked the book, who knows? But just keep trying!

Lord Shadow Z
I think the material inside of it is okay, but it seems familiar somehow. The way its written is way to fast paced fora book, you need to slow down, build up some kind of setting or tension. The action scenes were described with no direction or thought out plan so they seemed like a childish representation of a fighting sequence.

Lord Shadow Z
I would have written it like this:

"The last one stopped, menacing in its overall appearance and glanced unnervingly in Warrens direction. Warren sank lower into the bushes making himself small as possible and waited. It was torture. The silence tore through the surroundings as the cyborg emitted a slight sound and a blinding beam erupted towards him. Warren quickly ducked and pulled is camo-cloth hood tightly over his head and activated the sensor disrupter hidden within his belt. The cyborg scanned for life forms as it surveyed the area around him. Minutes seemed like hours for Warren as he fought to steady his breathing. Finally the cyborg's light blinked off and it stalked off, disatisfied at not catching any prey."

Hope it helps.

Vim
Wow that's really great man! Say do you have any books published. Yeah I know my writing still has a lot of work, but I feel I'm maturing along with the writing and story. I'm just a novice to all this author stuff. I'm sure one i get this trilogy started, and get a few more books written, I'll be a pro, besides I'm still young and still have plenty of time to get experience. Thank you for the feedback it was really good!!

Lord Shadow Z
No unfortunately, still just writing short stories in biro. I probably need to find some publisher who will look at my work because I do want to join the author ranks and see my name in between the writing greats.
I'll post some stuff of my own when I have the time and let you read it.

Vim
that sounds, look forward to seeing some stuff in print from you! Good luck with everything, fellow writer!

tjamberelity
HEY WESLEY! THIS IS AMBER HENDERSON (BURKHALTER). I HEARD YOU HAD PUBLISHED A BOOK AND WAS SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! I HAVE BEEN WRITTING BUT HAVNT FINISHED YET. THIS IS AMAZING!!! YOU GO BOY! YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]. AGAIN THIS IS GREAT, AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALES!!! AMBER

tjamberelity
THIS IS GREAT!!!! CONGRATS ACE!!!! AMBER HENDERSON (BURKHALTER)

hotsauce6548
So Vim, any luck with getting it to stores yet?

(And tj, please turn off your caps.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.