Opening credits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
A sea of stars is broken by the vast blue surface of the planet, OGANA. Five small moons slowly drift into view from the far side of the planet. The main titles are followed by a roll-up:

Until the recent GREAT BATTLE, the JEDIS were the most feared warriors in the universe. For one hundred thousand years, generations of JEDIS perfected their art as the personal bodyguards of the GALAXY. They were the chief architects of the invincible ROYAL SPACE FORCE, which expanded the SUPREME CHANCELLORS power across the galaxy, from the celestial equator to the farthest stars.

Now these legendary warriors are all but extinct. One by one, they have been hunted down and destroyed as enemies of the NEW GALACTIC KINGDOM by a ferocious and sinister rival warrior sect, THE LEGIONS OF LETTOW.

A small silver spacecraft emerges from behind one of the Ogana moons. The deadly little fightercraft speeds past several of the moons, until it finally goes into orbit around the FOURTH MOON.

Chance the legions of Lettow by stormtroopers...

Ratcat
OK, I give up, what is that???? confused

Ushgarak
Legions of Lettow? That's from Journey of the Whills. Is this a pre-77 scroll prototype?

Ratcat
And the relevance is???

Ushgarak
Awaiting yerssot's complete and satisfying explanation...

Ratcat
I'm falling of my seat here in anticipation... smile

yerssot
calm down!
I just saw this on a site, it's the begining of SW-ANH from 1974. The first draft of SW!
I just thought it could well be the opening text of EpIII here, with the clone wars spoken of

Ratcat
Uh, put simply, no...

Ushgarak
What do you know, I was right? But no, ABSOLUTELY not.

Ratcat
I think I'll wait and see how close my plot summary is before i try second guessing number 3.

queeq
So, is this a serious thread or just a joke? big grin

Ratcat
I think this is a little redundant.

queeq
I already closed one tonight. I'll give him another chance.

Which one shall I close first? This one or the Darth Legion one? big grin

Ratcat
This one. This One, ithas nothing to do with anything.

queeq
Well, it has to do with Ep3 speculation...

Ratcat
If you say so.... roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

queeq
Well, I do..... for now.

Ratcat
Was never in dispute.

OK, we have this, so let's make something out of it, here's a specualtion on a opening scroll that fits with what we know of the Episode-II ending.

Star Wars Episode-III

It is a time of great rejoicing within the Republic. The Wars are over and the Clone Armies of the Republic are returning victorious.

Despite the loss of many Jedi Knights, Chancellor Palpatine is declared a hero of the Republic for his bold actions in the deployment of the Clones.

Meanwhile the Evil Count Dooku has continued to work in subtifuge to ensure the plans of the Dark Lord Sidious are set in motion.

Texas
I like the way he made it star wars yellow big grin

queeq
laughing out loud I love the "there was much rejoicing"- line. I hope GL adds a sound effect to that. big grin

finti
?????? are we talking Clone wars here. I always been of the opinion that the jedi`s represented the republic and fought the clone armies. confused

queeq
I hope we get to see a bit of the Clone Wars in Episode 3 though. Otherwise it will be intrige only.

yerssot
the one thing I said was that this are the credits, written in 1974 and I think it has a BIG chance to make it as openinglines of EpIII! So I think closing this is unfair because it's still on topic!

Ushgarak
Finti, the scriptment (and other leaked snippets) makes out the Clones to be on the Republic's side, contrary to what people assumed. However, the title would suggest that the Clones are in fact the aggressors. Difficult to be sure right now.

yerssot
perhaps they're evil and you see that in EpIII?

queeq
Possibly. Yoda seems to hint at trouble with the Clones... who knows.

yerssot
there has been a rumor that all the stormtroopers were clones....

queeq
Yes. They either are clones or they are humans replacing the clones and using similar outfits.
That convo between the two stormtroopers in ANH when OB1 is shutting down the tractor beam doesn't strike as a clone convo.

yerssot
they started as clones and they were replaced by humans, pure logic

Ushgarak
Er, no, NOT pure logic, yerssot. Pure logic has to be self-explanatory and that statement does not say why the clones were replaced.

Are we sure stormtroopers use similar outfits as clones, then?

queeq
Pretty much yes. We don't have perfect confirmation, but we've seen the Clone armour designs. They look like anearly version of the Stormtrooper armour.

finti
I still belive the Stormtroopers are mad up of either volunteers or conscripts .

jedi212guy
Must be pretty crappy volunteers. Can't shoot a thing. wink

sand person no. 10
If stormtroopers aren't clones then why can't we see their faces... because they're are clones, i suspect we see in ep3 the clones change ranks from the jedi too palpatine, hence the stormtroopers.

Ushgarak
Hmm. I have never ever been convinced by the stormtrooper-clone connection. They were never protrayed as clones; just faceless implements of force.

Still, maybe.

sand person no. 10
but apart from them being the same and there being thousands of them??? i.e. clones and who cared when a stormtrooper died, i didn't.

"Oh no Jacks dead, ah well where's Jack?".

Ushgarak
They just wear the same uniforms! That's all. It was never even vaguely suggested they were cloned, nor did they act like clones (for example, as queeq points out, their ANH conversation).

We have no reason to think they are anything other than standard armed forces.

finti
Beside the fact that they are hidden inside a standard Stormtrooper helmet.
In my military unit (Norwegian reserve mobelizing force) you dont get to see much of our faces either and we are sure as hell no clones.
I have argued my views on this numerose times and I agree with Ush last post here

yerssot
Clones don't life for every so they have to be replaced!

If you study psychologie (spelling) than you know that every factor in your life can influence your caracter... this can explain that IF they were both clones (in ANH) they had another education.

Ushgarak
Delving massivley into the realms of theory there.

Tell you what, it will annoy the EU brigade even MORE if the Stormtroopers are clones.

yerssot
eu is not the movie; may I remind you!

besides in the book of ROTJ there was said that OB1 and Owen were family, which turns out negatif

Ushgarak
Sigh...

I KNOW it's not the movie, that's why I just said it would annoy the EU fans...

the ROTJ novel is NOT EU so isn't even relevant...

However, what I will say is that the fact that stormtroopers are seen as just people in the EU is demonstrative of the fact that that is what we were led to believe they were in the OT.

It will take opre than rumour to change minds about this. Right now there is nothing to support it.

yerssot
And what do you think the clones were doing after EpII? Drinking coffee for 30 years?

Ushgarak
All exterminated? We don't actually have any idea, do we? That is utterly in the realms of speculation.

yerssot
all destroyed in one episode?? confused

Ushgarak
Or two. Rather like the Jedi, huh?

yerssot
The Jedi were hunt down by the Chosen One and very lickly the clones...

Ushgarak
No need to waste my time printing something obvious like that. The point is, things disappear, things change; there was NO evidence of Clones in the OT and it is a reasonable supposition that the Clones disappeared after the Clone wars.

yerssot
So you say that the clones could just dissappear?

Even Houdini couldn't do that! We're talking about more than thousands of clones...

There is no evidence in the OT?
They all shoot like sh*t and they were the same...

Remind you that I'm saying that I don't think that the stormtroopers are clones. I think that when ANH is played there are only +/- 100 of them left... with the rebellion and all...

ToMacco
The OT soldiers may shoot like sh*t, but think of those dumbass robots in TPM.

Ushgarak
There could be a hundred reasons why the clones are all dead. It is meant to be a VERY big war. But it's all down to speculation.

ToMacco
true that

queeq
The Clone Wars were obviously big according to luke's response in ANH. Plenty of time to kill clones and 10.000 Jedi I'm sure.

yerssot
but the Jedis and the clones are on the same side!

finti
that might change

Ushgarak
Yerssot, YOU are the one who just said that the Clones most likely helped wipe thee Jedi out...

As queeq says, plenty of time. This really is pretty simple stuff, yerssot.

yerssot
They are on the same site if the scriptment is true...
BUT to wipe the Jedis out than there must be more then 100 000 people, so throw in the clones???

queeq
They are at the end of AOTC. The Clone Wars are only about to begin then, so who knows how things will develop.

yerssot
changing sides between movies????

queeq
Who knows? Maybe it happens at the end of the wars. I'm pretty sure EpIII will still be largely about the Clone Wars. It may happen that Anakin turns during the aftermath of these wars. Just a guess of course. But from the scriptment, Yoda was pretty concerned with the benefit of these clones.

yerssot
not working! keep it simple; I mean Jar Jar still have to follow this!

queeq
Why? He's a minor character from now on. big grin

yerssot
you didn't hear me complaining!

queeq
True, very true. Same here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.