spiderman,er manspider movie,a piece of crap film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Man this movie sucked,what a piece of crap garbage of a film.Honestly,this movie looked like it was written by a 5 year old at times.Not surprising though since they were such morons to make a movie about my hero and give him organic webshooters.I knew if they allowed that,then they would allow OTHER stupid crap also.Seriously,this movie should have been called MANSPIDER.it TOTALLY betrayed his character. mad

the good points of the film.
the actors were great.J K SIMMONS AS JJJ WAS JAMESON brought to life from the comics.William defoe was amazing as NORMAN OSBORN.The mirror scene was really cool.I had my doubts about tobey mcguire as peter parker at first because I dont like his voice at all,but he surprised me.He was a good Peter,just a bad spiderman.He did not talk the way you would expect spidey to sound.THAT spidey had a GREAT voice.aunt may and uncle ben were great.the only actor I really thought was weak was a JAMES FRANCO AS HARRY OSBORN.

THE special effects were amazing,especially the oscorp building.That was awesome.I also loved the scenes of him webslinging through the city.

I really liked watching him dodge those goblin razors,that was well done the way they showed it in slow motion.I always assumed spidey could dodge machine gun fire because he saw bullets come at him in super slow motion the same way we can easily see a softball come at us in slow motion and easily able to get out of the way of it.Or like how superman saw things in slow motion also.

the opening sequence and credits was awesome and gave me hope that I might actually eat my words that the movie would suck.Kirsten dunst was very pretty as MJ,especially in the rain scene.HEE HEE. smile

I was also glad to see spidey FINALLY portrayed correctly showing how strong he truely is when they had him hold the cable car,something that you never saw in the spidey cartoons or live action tv show where they made him into a wuss getting beat up by ordinary human beings all the time.

I also liked how his spider sense was portrayed,when it warned him in plenty of time to avoid flash hitting him. and oh,those wrestler girls were gorgeous. smile

THE BAD POINTS OF THE FILM.
can you say organics? man what a moron idea to begin with,that was so stupid to give him organics and turn him inot a manspider monster with those idiotic organics.hollywood only wanted to make their own liitle version is why they gave him organics.they just wanted to do something new and different with him by raping to death this great character.the thing that is so stupid about the organics,is if he got the powers of a spider,the webbing would shoot out of his ass for god sakes,no way would they be able to shoot out of hiswrists for great long distances of all things.thats just not logical.Apider spins its webbing in the back end of its body,and those hairy claws,whats up with that? boy that was so gross seeing him shoot webbing out of his wrists polluting the streets with body fluid.You lose so much without the mechs and getting to see him create the webfluid.I totally took away his scientific genius which was NEVER demonstrated.You also have to deal with the fact that a spiders webbing doesnt dissolve for weeks at times,guess the whole city of new york is going to be polluted now. embarrasment

then the even bigger sin-THE GREEN GOBLIN COSTUME.that costume was so laughable looking and dumb it looked more like an alien from space than a damn goblin.that was insulting that we saw only his real mouth move when he talked,and his goblin mouth never moved,man what a joke.

then there was the spider biting him walking off without dying,guess were going to have lots of spidermen swinging around town now.how stupid.

then there is the character of mary jane.david koepp the screen writer obviously was lied to by somebody or something,because he got her character confused with gwen stacy because he turned her character into gwen stacy practically.MJ is suppose to be an airhead and stuck up,instead they made her into the nice,kind,sweet girl GWEN STACY is Just like the 90's cartoon did. mad where was the party girl from the comics? except hearing her say HEY TIGER! I felt like I was looking at gwen stacy on the screen.

then there was that stupid cable car moment where MJ grabs on the railing after falling.yeah like some normal girl is going to pull that stunt.

I also hated the fact that we never heard peter think to himself.sorry narration and hearing thoughts are two totally different things.You cant have a spiderman movie without hearing his thoughts,with supes and bats,no problem,bus spidey is a different case.That was one thing I rreally liked about the 90's cartoon was how they brilliantly had peter think to himself in that show.I wanted to hear him say things like-SHOULD I AKS MJ OUT,WHAT IF SHE SAYS NO,I'LL LOOK STUPID,NO I BETTER NOT.

I ALSO hated the fact that he was never wisecracking like spidey is suppose to when hefights.man,spidey NEVER shuts up when he fights baddies!!!!!

I also hated the fact that BETTY AND ROBBIE werent even introduced and only had avout 30 seconds of screentime.man what bullcrap.

I also got to mention,like I said,at first,I had hopes for the film,that was quickly replaced with that corny diolouge of YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO I AM,YOU SURE YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO I AM? to the end of WHO AM I,IM SPIDERMAN.then swinging off hanging on to the flagpole.dumb and corny.this isnt macgyver or magnum pi for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!

Then theres that retarded cafeteria scene whgere everybody saw him shoot out his webbing and drag the tray,then ho goes out and does all these spectacular backflips and punches flash thompson sending him flying over 100 feet through the air across the floor which is humanly impossible to do.Lets see,this occurs,then a guy displays the same uncanny abilites comes along a few months later,even a dork like flash thompson would easily put two and two together,geez waht moron came up with that part? also,too bad the goblin costume damaged defoes great performance as osborn,his performance would have been even MORE awesome with the right costume.

It was also stupid how during the ring fight how his spidey sense inexplicably failed to warn him that he was going to get hit with the chair at that time,he should EASLIY have dodged that.Not to mention that the chair should not have even hurt him since he has super strength now.

I also did not like that he got to say good bye to uncle ben like he did instead of never being able to say good bye to him like in the comics.

Then there was him letting the burgler go for a different reason,because he was mad at the promoter instead of being full of himself and having thoughts like-WHY SHOULD I GET INVLOVED,IM NOT A COP.I hated how it turned his reason inot not helping him in the first place to a total different reason for not helping him.In the comic,it showed that he was being full of himself,where in the movie,it was olny because he was mad at the promoter,how dumb.also take inot account,that the promoter later saw peter with his mask off after displaying spider abilities in the ring roll eyes (sarcastic) yep,the writers goofed big time and dropped the ball on this one.But not surprising since they made spiderman into manspider instead. mad way to go sony,screwing up a great character.

vvvrulz
no expression
*taking a moment to digest all that*
Whew, thats a pretty deep analysis. I'll agree with you for the most part, Harry's character was played badly, the "spiderman will pay" dialogue is straight out of a saturday morning kids cartoon. Green goblin costume wasnt very faithful to the comic, and looked too cheesy to be cool. The good points, Jameson and Osborn was played brilliantly, as you said. I didnt think Macguire did such a bad job though. Spidey in person was a bit of a wimpy dude, and he portrayed the peter parker look perfectly. But yeah, his dialogues were hopeless, ive seen better in japanese anime. Overall though, a reasonable comic adaptation. Beats daredevil anyway sick. Best comic-adaptation going round right now would be X-Men in my opinion.

CaptainInsano2
Good job moron. big grin

Zephonim
Are you really gonna start on that organic crap again? Man, get a hobby. You need to realize that yes, it was not a perfect adaptation, but it couldn't have been. They had to change some things so that it would be appreciated by a wider audience.

bakerboy
Im totally agree with Mr Parker great review about that stupid man spider movie. The points by Mr Parker are so great because he explained perfect what sucks in the movie and what was correct. Im 100%agree with him. That stupid man spider movie was a total betrayal to the comics character making of spidey a freak with organics not funny at all, Peter a pussy boy without scientist genious, mary jane a clone of gwen stacey with red hair, the green goblin a stupid clown without mouth movements and a costume from the power rangers series, and many and many dumb scenes, corny lines, bad developing of the characters , and a terrible screenplay. That piece of crap cant be considered a movie at all. That is an insult against the cinema. I havent seen a betrayal with the same proportions since Michael Keaton was casted as batman/Bruce Wayne. This crap is very far to be the greatest comic book movie adaptation, or even a good adaptation. The best adaptation of a comic is superman, a great film with magic in the screen . Man spider is only a garbage and an insult against the real spiderman fans and the cinema fans.

Zephonim
"I havent seen a betrayal with the same proportions since Michael Keaton was casted as batman/Bruce Wayne" WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Who could have possibly been better? Keaton was more than perfect as Batman. Nobody could have touched his performance. Maybe the best hero performance ever. Next you're gonna say Jack Nicholson wasn't the best badguy performance ever.
Secondly, yes they didn't follow the comice perfectly because they couldn't. The movie, which has like the second highest grossing ever, would not have made the same amount of money if they had followed the comice perfectly. Now before you start bitching about the movie only being for money, all movies are only made for money. Comic fans expect certain things from the books they read, and these things can not be transfered to a movie audience.
No comic licensed movie has ever been portrayed as acuratley as they should have been. The organics were required because not all of the audience were people who have read the comics. They can't make Parker too much of an academic god like he was in the comics. It becomes too difficult to believe everything that happened in the comics could happen in real life. Comic fans are able to keep their disbelief suspended much longer because they have come to expect unbelievable things. They had to bridge the gap between movie goers and comic readers.
Yes the costume was a streach, yes the formula to make the goblin was a streach, but at a point it would have become riduculous. I am as big a fan of Spider-Man as anyone else, but you have to realize it wasn't a comicbook. It was a movie, and things have to change to attract, and keep an audience other than comic fans intersted.
Also, nothing in the movie is that far from the truth outside of the actaul turning into Spider-Man. There are projects in the scientific community that involve people trying to make people stronger and develop personal airplanes. A high school kid creating not only web shooters but also a fluid strong enough to hold up people and tram cars goes way to far in the real world. I was pissed at first too, I thought it was a horrible crime against humanity to change it, but you have to make concessions in areas.

vvvrulz
Youre crazy. Keaton IS Batman. Full stop.

Mr Parker
vvvrulz-You are so correct,that green goblin costume was way too cheesey to be cool,but I think your totally off your rocker saying daredevil beat spidey,no way DAREDEVIL was much superiour and more well written than this manspider movie was.I do agree with you that XMEN was better than manspider also obviously.

Hey Captain,your the moron,you have to engage in name calling because your stupid manspider movie was bashed.

zephonian you are being plain ignorant here saying that they HAD to change the mechs to organics to make it work on the screen,that is being just plain ignorant.and bakerboy is correct,giving spiderman organics was about the dumbest thing to occur in a comicbook movie since they cast michael keaton as batman.Keaton perfect as batman? give me a break,he looked like a total wuss getting the crap beat out of him by that jokers goon,this guys is a martial arts expert for god sakes!!! keaton was terrible as bats because he doesnt even come close to looking the part of bruce wayne,and yes,CEASAR ROMERO was better as THE JOKER than nicholson because he at least physically fits the part of the joker unlike nicholson does and he laughs for long periods of time like the joker did which nicholson did not.

This manspider movie is not the 2nd highest grossing film of all time either,its like 6,get your facts straight,you are being just plain ignorant saying the movie would not have made as much money with the mechs as it did with the orgs,in fact it would have made even more with the mechs.and yes they COULD have used the mechs if they wanted to.the mechs could EASILY have been transferred to the audience.

you saying the mechs needed to be changed and organics were needed is absurd.movie goers have accpeted things far more bizarre than the mech shooters in other movies,and if ANYTHING,him gaining the powers of a spider is more far fetched than the mechs are and there are even more crazier things in that movie than the mechs are,man your arguments are weak.to say the mechs needed to be changed is again absurd.yes it WAS a horrible crime against humanity to make this movie without the mechs. your other examples go just as much far in reality if not more so also.Like I said,there are things in that movie that are even far more unbelievablke in reality than mechs are,give me a break. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zephonim
There are indeed many things that are far more unbelievable, but at a point it becmes too much for most people. When most enter movie theatres they are expecting to extened their imagonations to accept certain things in the movie, but at a point it becomes far too much for someone to accept. It becomes laughable. First the kid gets powers from a spider (and how that happened is what you should be really pissed about), then he makes a costume from nothing, then he somehow manages to create small devices that are able to shoot a super strong web-like fluid that he also designed himself in his bedroom. Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have seen the shooters mush more than the organic ones, but audiences would not have liked it. Look at the Phantom from the early 90's. Horrible superhero movie. They didn't take mivie going audiences into account, only the comic fans. Same thing with Daredevil, Concessions have to be given to both groups. Again, I would have loved if they had made it to the letter, but for it to be as successful as it was they couldn't have. And, there are other things you should have been more upset about than just him having a few organics.

Mr Parker
uh,if you read my review,there were a lot more things in the movie I was upset about also besides the organics.thats just pure speculation on your part that the mechs are too much for most people to accept and I dont see how you can say that when audiences have accpeted things in movies that are fictional that are far more bizaare then the mechs.yes how he became spider-man was something I did not like,but not near as much as how much I hate the organics.movie goers go to the theater to extend their imiaginations,so mechs would be no problem at all for them.daredevil isnt anywhere near as popular of a character than spider-man so of course its not going to be a huge money maker at the box office and people havent been waiting for ages for a daredevil movie to be made,so even though daredevil had a far better and superiour script to it,we all knew it would not be near as big a money maker at the box office as spiderman because spiderman is a much more popular comicbook character.

Zephonim
I've read what you wrote again, and you make some very good points. Give me a day or so to respond to everything in your first post. Too much mindless crap going on with school to do it now.

kofmaster
i thought that the organic webbing was kool yeah i did kinda wonna see him make the web shotters but hes more like a spider with the organic webbing instead of having fake webbing (just a though lol)

Daywalker
I thought Willem Defoe had a wild enough look to not even need. That tech suit really bugged me.

Mr Parker
unfortunately,thats why he should now be called MANSPIDER. mad

ragesRemorse
like i pointed out in your other thread. Giving Parker organic webbing is no more un believeable that giving him increased brain activity, and super strength, and super agility. It is actually very plausible. I mean if parker gained all of the spiders abilities, why would he not gain the most crucial ability to the spiders existence which is his webbing. In the comics when parker turned into the man spider, he had natural webbing, so if he would aquire natural webbing with a little more evolution then it is very plausible. BESIDES lets not over look the main reason the orgain weebing was introduced inteasd of the web shooter and formula. It was done to keep pace. SAM Raimi Actually had plans to incoorperate the web shooter, He said that if he could have made the movie another hour he would have went down that path.

The movie was right out of comic book pages. The atmosphere was bledding with a comic book feel. Each character was adapted near perfectly. The point with gwen stacey being his first love, and the girl on the bridge instead of MJ was changed for the benefit of the movie. Having gwen stacey,and mary jane would have taken away from the pace of the movie. that would have been another character to introduce and elaborate on. Raimi changed certain things out of the comics so he could have a true, good comic to film movie. And a good movie we recieved. Spiderman was portrayed near perfectly, from his reluctance to take the plate and become a hero, to harry osbourne hating and worshiping his father. If you want to see what a butchard comic book movie looks like, go watch X-2

Mr Parker
you got to be joking? this movie was crap,spider-man is a guy with chemical webshooters,his character was totally misrepresented.we did not habe a true good comicbook film it was horrible.No I'll just watch spider-man if I want to see a buthched comicbook since thtas all I have to do. Mj's character was horribly adapted,they made her character much more like gwen stacy than MJ.

Zephonim

ragesRemorse
i agree with Zeph about not introducing new characters, and about spidey not becomming the bad ass superhero we all know for a while.In the comics, spiderman was a lot like batman. For the simple fact that spiderman, and peter parker were almost like two diferent people. I thought that was expressed nicely in the movie.

They introduced all the main characters of the spidey comics. If they had any more characters ,to much time would have been wasted elaborating on the characters. Remember they only had two hours at the most to work with. This includes introducing a superhero, and a super villian, and a super villans son. What ever time is left goes to the rest of the characters, and action sequences.

At first i was a little upset with the green goblins appearance, but then i appreciated it. I mean he looked like the goblin. What did you want a rubber mask? Instead raimi put a little originality in the story with including the suit, making it apart of a military weapon. this saved the director time on having to explain how osbourne came up with the idea of "the green goblin" I thought the suit gave him a presence as well, You look at him, and you see a man in a steel suit, yeah thats overwheliming, again it adds to the characters presence. Even though i highly doubt the military would ever use a helmet that looks like a goblin This movie for the most part was right out of the pages of the comics, with some artistic freedom, and time restraints mixed in.

Daywalker
The suit was for the military but I believe the mask was Norman's own personal touch due to the collection of masks he had and how they could put fear into people. I look back and it was clever how they introduced the costume although I still don't completely like it.

Zephonim
The mask was the best that could have been done. The rubber mask that he wears in the comic is impossible to do in the real world.

ragesRemorse
yeah i thought the costume was fine. I diddnt catch that about the mask daywalker . i just assumed. his suit certainly gave the green goblin a presence, and it came off very well as a villian.

Mr Parker

Zephonim
I just watched that part of the movie again, and I admit I was wrong about how far he flew. It was more like fifteen, twenty feet MAX. They show the perfect perspective when the guy says "Jesus Parker, you really are a freak."
Robbie and Betty might become better characters in later movies. Perry White and Jimmy Olsen had more lines because there were like five Superman movies. Also, they are different types of characters. The Perry White of Spider-Man is JJ, and they had Herry rather than Betty. They only have an hour and thirty minutes to create these characters, and if they try to pack too much in people might lose interest in the more important people. Robbie was never a gigantic part of Peter's life outside the Bugle, and Betty was his short term girlfriend back in the 70's.
With the organics I know no matter what I say you're gonna disagree, but think about this. Peter Parker was supposed to create a totally new technology and substance in his bedroom in Queens? That goes way beyond believable. Comic readers accept it, moviegoers don't. And there are far more movie goers than comic readers. I know it betrayed the character and that they should have done the mechs, but I am just trying to justify to you why they did what they did.
The people in the cafeteria proably didn't look too closely at the web at first, but we aren't really sure what their reaction was to it. We never got a view of it, or people's reactions. And nobody knew Peter, nobody was really close friends with him. I know how unlikely this sounds but, people didn't know if he was a gymnist or anything like that. People didn't know if he could fight or not because they didn't know him. He was a nerd that nobody ever looked at or dealt with.

Mr Parker
Well the way Flash went flying across the floor regardless of hos far it was,STILL looked a little bit too weird for a normal man no matter how strong he is to have done that.If you look at the first Superman movie,Perry White and Jimmy Olsen have MUCH more lines than what BETTY AND JJJ did.Like I said,that was stupid to show them and not even introduce them,just stupid.The movie was actually 1 hr 50 min long I believe.I know it was longer than 1hr 30 min.

You got to remember that peter parker is not just your average student,he is at the top of his class and more intelligent than most his peers.a real book worm.The original scirpt called for him to construct the mechs out of metal parts he had lying around the house,that could have worked,it could have been explained as some science project he was working on for his science class.Plus he already goes to college in the movie for a science class with Curt Connors.They could have had him do it all in Curts lab at the college,that would have worked.David Koepp is not a very good screenwriter,he lacks imiagination.Movie goers have accepted things far more bizarre then the mech shooters,it was just lazy filmmaking.

Falsh Thompsona dnothers obviously knew him,and come on,not even the best gymnest could pull off something bizaare like Peter did in that movie,the worst scene in the whole movie.

Mr Parker
I still they we should have seen more wisecracks coming from him while fighting the goblin.

Like I said,there is no reason why they could not have given them a couple more minutes of screen time and at least introduced their characters though as far as batty and Robbie go.Even JJJ should have had more lines.

He looked like a goblin? you got to be joking??? Like Zep said,he looked like a damn power ranger,nothing at all like the goblin.

I had no problem with the suit being all green in the beginning,I just think that after osborn stold the glider and costume for his own use,he should have added the purple clothing.it could have worked.

Mr Parker
The Green Goblin came off laughable as a villian in that power rangers outfit with no mouth movement.

Mr Parker
If only he had had that purple clothing from this photo over the green gostume we saw in the movie and had the yellow eye lenses that were in the movie that I thought was a good touch,that costume would have rocked.darn it did not copy the photo. mad

Mr Parker
The ONLY question in mind I have is will MANSPIDER 2 suck worse than the first MANSPIDER movie did? mad

Freddy_vs_Jason
You all type too much so I couldn't be stuffed reading most of it, keep it short and sweet, but I loved the Spider-Man movie, I loved it how his web slinging was organic, it was much better, as if he could create a fluid strong enough too support his body weight, thats just stupid.

Freddy_vs_Jason
AND ITS NOT MANSPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Zephonim
He never will.

who?-kid
Spider-man exists over more than 40 years. That's two generations of readers who each have different ideas about Spider-man and the way he should behave in real life/in film. As a director of a Spider-man movie, you can't satisfy everybody. It is 100 % impossible.

You have almost thousands of Spider-man comics, hundreds of storylines and countless characters in the Spider-man universe. As a director, you can't focus your attention to all these people ! You have to make some choices, and sometimes eliminate stuff. A comic is not a film. The Spider-man movie was mainly made to make money, not to serve the comic-lovers. In order to make money, you have to reach the biggest audience imaginable. You can't do that while focusing on lots of rather unimportant things, like enough screen-time for Betty or Ben Urich or whatever. And the organic webshooters didn't bother me that much. In some ways, it even makes sense (a bit).

I thought the movie was great, because they really were able to show us a Spider-man who was webslinging above New York in a very realistic way while wearing a correct costume. It was acted pretty good, had a good casting and had some great fight scenes. I only regretted the laughable mask of Dafoe.

If you want to see a really, really bad comic adaption, then go see "Daredevil", "The Hulk", "The Punisher" (the old one with Dolph Lundgren), "The extra-ordinary league of gentlemen", any Batman movie, "From Hell" and so on. But Spider-man was certainly okay, he could be much, much worse...

Ock
Now that I agree with.The Goblin costume was ridiculous.I dont know what they were thinking there.And his dialogue wasnt the best either.
Doc Ock in Spider-man 2 looks like hes shaping up to be a classic.Alfred Molina is a great actor and I've heard some of his lines from the movie and they are awesome.I really believe Sony have learned their lesson after the 1st one.Not that I dont like the 1st one cos I do big grin

Red Superfly
I never understood why they cast Willem Dafoe as the Goblin, and then COVER HIS FACE UP?????

I can only imagine how good the Goblin could have been if it were just a rubber mask.

"It's realistic" I hear you cry. Um, sorry, but since when is wearing a perfectly molded helmet in the shape of a Goblin realistic?

Norman has only recently explained the reasons behind his Goblin fascination. He never needed to explain WHY he wore the Goblin costume, he was insane. The Goblin was later revealed to be a childhood fear of Normans. His father used to lock him in a dark room when he was bad, and he had visions and fears of a Goblin coming in the night to eat him. As he became the Goblin he dressed accordingly.

What do you think he had a spare "Goblin shaped flight helmet" lying around? No, he made it. If he made that, then why couldn't he make a proper Goblin costume? There is no difference between the reasons. Dafoe wearing a rubber mask (like in The Mask with Jim Carrey) would have been a better idea.

I was also ticked off with MJ. She was just a nice girl,and I laughed out loud when she fell like 20 feet and managed to grab that cable car.

The organic shooters? I actually liked the idea. I always used to think when I was younger: "Why does Spidey need web-shooters? He was bitten by a Spider after all" - but as I got older it made more and more sense that he "created" web shooters himself. Only Parker knew the formula for the fluid, so he was one of a kind. It also gave much more freedom when it came to characters like Hydro man, and Spidey would mix cement into his web fluid or something to beat him. It would help show off just how much of a genius Parker was, and the only way he could show what his mind was capable of was as Spiderman, because his efforts as Peter Parker were so unrewarding. Web shooters rock.

DarkCrawler
Not coming to theaters near you.
Would you even get the movie name right?

Zephonim
Why Man-Spider? I know I have asked that question multiple times before, but nobody has ever given me an answer that justified why you called it that.

Zephonim
Man-Spider.

Zephonim
Spider-Man.

Zephonim
I gotta tell you guys I agree with you. The similarities are uncanny.

Astro12345
Oh come on! Not another one of these forums! Well guess what, I dont care! If you hate the movie so much why spend your time talking about. I think you're more full of crap than the movie!

Mr Parker
Man dont let these sony idiots fool you into believeing a spiderman movie has been made just because they put the name spiderman up on the screen and and have a guy wear a spiderman costume.They have successfully brainwashed thousands of americans who nothing about the true character into believeing that,dont let them brainwash you all to,just because it says spiderman on the screen doesnt mean a spiderman movie has been made yet.Thats like going along with them if they gave him 8 arms and they put the name spiderman up on the screen,just because THEY lie to you like they did to millions of americans,doesnt mean a spiderman movie has been made yet.the real character you REALLY saw was MANSPIDER,deal with it.dont let them lie and fool you just by the title,the REAL character under the costume is manspider so you are going to be seeing manspider 2 this summer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Astro12345
Oh come on! Yeah we're all brainwashed! Whoohoo! Don't you think you've gone off the deep end? And you said" just because the spiderman on the screen" like 5 times.

Zephonim
WHAT THE HELL? You have made no decent points outside of the webshooters. You have never given any other reasons for why he is Man-Spider. Are you really proposing that because of those shooters he is Man-Spider? Is that all you have to go on? I repeat; the character of Spider-Man. What about Spider-Man did they slaughter so horribly? He was a dorky nerd, he was insecure, and before you start on the sarcasm and insulting read the first Spider-Man story, the first comic. He did start cocky. He had to become confident in his powers and then he started razzing guys.
Have you ever enjoyed a superhero movie? Have you ever enjoyed any movie? You need to be able to look past those few small imperfcetions and see the things they got right. I may have been brainwashed by Sony, but at least I didn't brainwash myself. All you do is try to justify to yourself why it was so horrible. You need

Bagtatta
They could've made Goblin look just like the Goblin from the comics, he looked semi-good in all the 3d shots on the glider, but as soon as you saw him with that lame-ass metal you were like "UGH."

Look at Lord of the Rings. Gollum = Perfect example.

Goodness

Bagtatta
I used LOTR example as to say, you can make anything work now. Gollum was a full out, 100% 3D character..just manned and voiced by a real person.

Goblin could've been that, the movies were being made around the same time were they not? I think if they WANTED to make Goblin look like the Goblin from the comics they could've, and he would've looked decent as well. It's just lazy film-making to me.

Primitive Screwhead #1
For God's sake... we're back on this crap again???? Can't you rip on something else for a change... like maybe the new costume selection for the upcoming Catwoman film?

Zephonim
I'm not even admitting that that Catwoman movie exists. If they could have used the original story and character it could have been bitchin, but how they are doing it SUCKS ASS.
And back to the Goblin, I'll admit the suit was a little cheesy, but I think what they did with the mask was really pretty cool. A rubber mask like in the comic would have been cool, but unrealistic. The eye slots and the mouth made it look as close to a rubber mask as they could have. The rest of the body suit was corny, but you have to remember that the suit was supposed to be a armored battlesuit. But everyone can have an opinion. I think they could have done better, but I'm happy with how it came out.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Preach on, brotha!!!!

Astro12345
Amen!

Zephonim
I try.

Gambit Lebeau
mr parker gots some good points i liked the movie but it didnt portray the comic very well the fact that he isnt as fun loving as a spiderman should be gets me mad he needs to joke around some more with the bad guys. defoe did a good job. harry was average. MJ was ok but they could have gotten a better girl. so all in all its
MAN-SPIDER

MarkofKaine
You are all idiots. True there are some things that they could have done better with the Spider-Man movie. But over all it was still an excellent film. And the fact of the matter is that it followed the comics a lot better then most super hero based movies do. You are NEVER going to find a movie that follows the comics exactly. I mean you don't see me whining in every X-Men thread that they didn't start it out with the original 5 X-Men do you?

Gambit Lebeau
thats different the xmen dont really a starting point unlike spiderman the spider bite so they should portray the comic

Predator 89
Thanks for saying that, now i dont have to say anything. I'm out of here.
P.S Mr. Parker Get a life anybody whose willing to spend hours writting about a movie thats two years old must have no friends at all or your just plian stupid.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Careful who you call an idiot, MoK. Some of us actually are chastising Mr. Parker's contributions here, not supporting it.

MarkofKaine
That still doesn't change the fact that they've changed a lot of the story and I could easily come on here and do nothing but complain about how it's not the X-Men without Beast or Archangel or how it's ridiculous to have Rogue dating Iceman...but do I? NO! Because I realize it's just a movie and there's no way they're going to get it perfect.

MarkofKaine
Wow...why did I quote myself? that was dumb...hehe

vegeta21
Hey Parker, nice to see you're alive and well. I was getting worried about you. Give 'em hell Parker, give 'em hell.

Mr Parker
thumb up

Great points Gambit and great to have someone else over here for a change besides bakerboy who gots logic and common sense and can distinguish spiderman from manspider.,thats why this film was just a piece of crap garbage film.Hell the 90's cartoon was a lot more loyal and true to the source material than this awful film was.Like you said this movie was a horrible adaptation of the comic because he didnt joke around like spidey always does with the bad guys,thats nuts spidey never shuts up when fighting some baddie.as I said before,MJ sucked,they did the same mistake in this film that they did in the 90's cartoon making her more like gwen stacy and nothing at all like MJ.yeah harry was average at best,he was the weakest link in the movie,and defoe did a great job,too bad nobody could take him seriously as the green goblin since his costume was so awful looking.Unlike the batman cartoon,there were a lot of mistakes made in the 90's spidey cartoon series that really made that show suck,but at least with the cartoon,I can tolerate it and sit through it even though they screwed up royally drawing peter parker so wrong because at least in that show,he is spiderman and not a damn manspider monster like he is in the movie.I'll take the badly written 90's cartoon over the movie anyday.As I said,unlike the batman cartoon which was a kick ass cartoon unlike the movies,even though I was really dissapointed with the 90's toon because of a lot of stupid mistakes they made like the way they drew peter parker-the 80's cartoon nailed his look,why couldnt the 90's? mad I can at least sit throug the cartoon because its a hell of a lot more loyal to the source material than that god awful manspider movie was.

Mr Parker
according to your moronic logic, anybody who comes here and talks about movies that were made over 20 years ago that they loved has no life either.if you cant handle criticisem of a movie then you should not be here at this site,duh. laughing

mailedbypostman
We can handle criticism. Your criticism is way too much. We get the point.

Zephonim
His criticism isn't what I mind, it's that he never has anything to back up what he says, or any logice behind any of it.
Everytime Spider-Man has reappeared in any kind of pop culture the story and characters as well as other things change. Characters are changed to better fit whatever times they are in. They change to bring new people in and update fans love of the characters. If the comics stayed the same it would just get boring. They changed things in the movie, but no more than new comics changed when they first came out.

Mr Parker
also according to your stupid logic predator,anybody who comes here and talks about the james bond movies,horroe movies, ect,is really stupid or gots not life either.I mean like I said,those movies are like over 20 years old and people are still talking about them,so once again predator,you shouldnt even be here at these boards since this is a site to come to to talk about BOTH movies you love AND hate,duh,you got no logic at all whatsoever.Its funny how when I praise films I like,according to you thats fine but crtitising an old movie according to your stupid logic,I got no life or am real stupid.You need to look in the mirror when making statements like that fella because thats yourself you are talking about. laughing

Zephonim
Is using puncuation and spell check really so damn hard? I maen, its nut like hurd or aneting.

mailedbypostman
LOL. You spelled things wrong yourself in those sentences laughing

Gregory
I think that was intentional.

Spider-Dan
Gud Kach.

BTW, I kinda liked the organic webs. stick out tongue

Zephonim
Can't get nothing by you folks.
I think the organic webbing was kind of a cool change. They could have done allot of things worse. The organic webs were also more believable than the web shooters (although the web shooters were incredibly wicked cool).

Gambit Lebeau
isnt this forum to talk about spiderman so predator why are you here posting if you clam anybody who posts here has no love life. you must not have a love life if you are here

Zephonim
Good point. The whole purpose of this forum is to post opinions on the movie. It's kinda the name of the board.

Mr Parker
not surprising since your only a Man-Spider fan.Your advertising Man-Spider 2 in your picture sig and that movie is a disgrace to the spidey mythos therefore your only a Man-Spider fan since your promoting that garbage film of sonys.

silvabullet
Wtf is organic webbing? The movie was great.

kal-el
As in, Peter actually making his own webs like real spider as oppose to using web-shooters(coz he's so clever he can create a multi-chain protein polymer that scientists have been working on for years in real life but can never recreate.Oh and he's so clever he can make it a liquid that solidifies with contact from air.)Notice my sarcasm. They couldnt portray this to the world audience coz it only works in the comics.A teenager being that clever is less realistics than a teenager obtaining super-powers from a radio-active arachnid!

silvabullet
I thought thats what he was doing. They dont actually explain this, but you can clearly see he shoots from where he is suppose to. I dont get it.

Spider-Dan
Mr. Parker,

I think you need to settle down a bit. Kal-el hit the nail on the head. The movie was meant for original Spider-Man fans and everyone else. The majority being everyone else. If I wasn't a fan of comics and an old fart, I would find it hard to believe a kid would be able to develop web-shooters and a web formula, in days for that matter. I could argue my point for ages, but I have better things to do. In the end, it's only a movie. I waited a decade for someone to make a Spider-Man movie... I'm not going to b!tch and moan about the final outcome.

P.S. I'm sure the next few sequels will show how incredibly smart Peter Parker really is.

Spider-Dan
My biggest pet peeve...

Here's the proper use of YOUR and YOU'RE (you are)

You're (you are) just a baby because you feel your favorite movie was ruined by organic webs. beer

Zephonim
THANK YOU SPIDER-DAN!! I have had the same problem with the grammer and all that stuff.
I also agree with everything you said previously, the problem is that by saying you enjoyed the movie Mr. Parker will feel that you have fallen under Sony's spell. Not that you are a true fan and can look past the small imperfections to see how kick ass the stuff they did perfect was, but that you are a schill, and in reality hate Spider-Man. It's kind of a sick circle he has created.
I for one loved the movie for how well they created and portryaed the characters. They took characters who had only before been on paper and made them into real people. Their imperfections and all. I loved the movie, and the second one will be ten times better.

Spider-Dan
When I first heard about the organic webs, I was a little upset. After hearing why they decide to change "history", I understood the reasons for the change. The movie was NOT being made for me and other Spidey fans. It was being made for us and the rest of the population. I wish they could have left Spidey's history unchanged, but I was not the director. Considering how other Marvel movies have been made, I was extremely impressed with Spider-Man, The Movie!

Mr. Parker, go cry to your mommy, pussy!

Zephonim
Sam Raimi is one of the biggest Spider-Man fans out there, and he has done, and is doing everything in his power to make sure the movies stay true to character Stan Lee created so long ago. And think about this, Stan loved the movie, and if he could enjoy why can't you Mr Parker?

Red Superfly
It wasn't that Peter was clever, it was a combination of his brains and the Spider-bite that gave him the KNOW-HOW on how to make webbing.

Even though he has organic webbing, it doesn't mean we won't ever see web-shooters in the movies. He could have organics AND web-shooters. This would let him have impact webbing and variants of the natural webbing. This I would like to see and maybe it would be a redeeming feature of the movie in the eyes of disgruntled fans such as Mr. Parker?

I understand how Mr. Parker fells, because one of the few things Spiderman The Movie did not show was Peters true genius. He was just a dork, an average dork. This meant that ANYBODY could have been Spiderman in the movie. This is not true, as only Peter Parker could have been the true Spiderman, because only Peter Parker could have been clever enough to create the webbing. That was what made the comic Spiderman so unique.

Also, having organics was always going to annoy fans of Parkers solutions to enemies. Parker would always go away, do some research then come back and kick butt when he found the answer. He would mix things into his webbing (like cement/gelatin into his webbing for Hydro-Man etc). It was all scientific. I can't really see the movie spiderman being anything more than an action hero who saves the day by just using skill alone. The comic villains were always more wary of spidermans skills, and that was why spidey had to beat them using his head.

Anyway, I like the movie, but I totallyunderstand where Mr.Parker is coming from, there maybe hope in the next film yet...........

Spider-Dan
I understand your point, Red Superfly. Rami explained that he didn't want to go with the web formula because it would take too much time. I would not have enjoyed seeing Peter develop his web formula in the same manner that they had him create his costume. You know, writing "How to create webbing (and web-shooters)?" on a notepad, then a 3 second shot of him in a lab and them WHAM... Web-shooters. You know what I mean?

In any case, I heard that they will introduce some form of web-shooter in one of the sequels. It might be to "upgrade" his organic webs. Maybe something to increase the length that he can shoot and to improve his accuracy. I don't know exactly, so we'll have to wait and see what they will do to show Peter's intelligence.

Just my two cents.

kal-el
I DO miss him having moments like' oh shoot, out of web fluid!' and little things like that but making webs is about the best thing a spider does, it's weird that they didnt give him that power already in the first place. But the idea of the web-shooters is wonderful one on the other hand.

Zephonim
The webshooter s were wicked badass, but it would just be a little too much for most movie audiences to believe.

Red Superfly
I used to wonder why Spiderman, who was bitten by a radioactive Spider after all, wouldn't be able to create webs. It made sense for him to recieve the knowledge rather than the supernatural power to just create them.

Just for the record, along with the web shooters, I would also love to see some of the neogenic nightmare plot in with the movie plot. I'd love to see a six-armed spidey on the big screen. It would explain to the general audience why Spiderman didnt grow extra arms when bitten - all it took was a matter of time. It would explain why Spiderman is the Spiderman we all know and love - he is the perfect balance of the mutations various stages.

This also explained why Parker never had organic webs. He only had organic webs when he mutated into his final form - the man-spider (and it makes perfect sense when you think about it too). That's why having organic webs in his current "spiderman" form doesn't make sense to a lot of fans.

Spider-Dan
I'd like to see him develop his spider-tracers.

Zephonim
And he might. In my opinion though, I would rather have him never come up with web shooters or spider tracers if they weren't done right. I have always gotten pissed off at movies when they just throw something in just to have it in the movie. If you think about it, the webshooters would not have worked because they would have been hard to explain how he made them, where the equipment came from, etc. I would rather have organic shooters that make sense webshooters that just appearded from no where.

bakerboy
Well said, mr Parker and well said gambit too. That stupid movie is only a betrayal to the comics and a total ashamed for the real spider man fans. That movie is only for the man spider fans, who would acept any kind of movie with only see a guy in a spider man costume. And as some man spider fans have said and is totally false, if peter would create organics webs for the bite of the spider, it would be FROM HIS BUTT, NOT FROM HIS WRISTS, BECAUSE THAT IS THE WAY THAT THE SPIDERS MAKE ITS WEB. And the part of the hair in the hands is totally stupid too because he uses gloves and boths. A least , people like gambit is a real spider man fan and could distinguish spider man from man spider understand that that movie and the sequel are total betrayal to the spirit of the comics and wont never be acepted by the true spider man fans.

DarkCrawler
YOU ARE THE REAL SPIDERMAN FANS! I SHALL JOIN YOUR NOBLE CAUSE!

BTW, that was sarcasm.

who?-kid
Very true.

An average film is about 120 minutes long. You simply can't satisfy all the wishes of the Spider-man fans in such a short time. Sacrifices have to be made. This guy wants more jokes, the other guy wants two different roles for Peter and Spidey, another one wants real webshooters instead of the organic ones. Then, off course, everybody has his idea of how the costume should look. And which bad guy should star in the movie. And so on, the list is endless...

I know Spider-man (I'm a fan) and I was quite happy with the film. Good acting, good costume of Spider-man, a bit of humour, great action scenes, fantastic webslinging and a story which was not too stupid ! And it featured lots of cameos from characters from the Spider-man world.

No, it could be worse. Much worse. Just look at the Hulk, or at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Or look at Batman and Robin. Or Daredevil. All examples of bad or mediocre comic-adaptations.

Zephonim
Another person wants them to introduce multiple other characters and gice them all back stories. It's just not possible to put everything in the movie that everyone wants. The changes they made were minor enough to keep the story and ideas behind Spider-Man in tact. Plus, allot of the things that people are bitching about were not part of the original Spider-Man number 1 comics. Going back the whole way shows that the movie was based more on the original comics then on the new stuff.

Red Superfly
Yeah like I said I'm staying neutral on this subject because I am agreeing with pretty much everyone that has something relevant to say on both sides of the fence.

However, I knew what to expect with the film. I had a HUGE feeling before anything about the film was revelaed, that the producers would give Spiderman organics. I had a huge feeling because it would make sense if you were making a film for the masses.

I appreciated the changes and knew that any on-screen adaptation would require comprimises.

And quit calling it Man-Spider, its really getting old.

Zephonim
I feel the same way on some things, but for the most case no one can give any good reasons for why they feel how they do.

Spider-Dan
Make your own web-shooters

Here's something I found that explains the reasons behind the change...

I read somewhere that they actually filmed a scene where Peter builds web-shooters and creates a formula for webs. They wanted to film it just in case. If it's true, they should have added it to the DVD. It would have added an additional 20 - 30 minutes to the film though.

In any case, it's been talked about for far too long now. The movie has been made. There's a sequel coming out. Get on with life.

Zephonim
That really makes allot of sense. I had never thought of it in that way.

Mr Parker

Mr Parker
Boy you have memory problems or something because I have explained that to you SEVERAL times WHY he is manspider now.Because even though he does not have 8 arms or is hairy all ove like that photo of the "OTHER" MAN-SPIDER,he is "STILL" MAN-SPIDER because he is STILL a monster now because organics are just plain gross and disgusting simple as that.Let me spell it out for
you-O R G A N I C S=MAN-SPIDER simple as that.Spider-Man is a guy who has mechanical devices on his wrists,thats not the guy we saw on the screen from that photo you have of that stupid movie. roll eyes (sarcastic) that photo you showed from that horrible movie is a monster who had webbing shooting out of his body,That is ALSO MAN-SPIDER in that photo. roll eyes (sarcastic) Class dismissed.congrats you learned something for today that hopefully you will remember and hopefully you will have seen the light what I have been telling you all along that was the character of MAN-SPIDER you saw on the screen.

Mr Parker
Boy you got that right Bagtatta,well said,I could not have said it better myself.If they really WANTED to make a good looking green goblin costume,they could have made a much better goblin costume than the one from the movie,but they did not use a cotume that was much more closer to the comic look or use the mechs either because like the well made point you just made,it was just plain lazy film making,nothing else.again,great point.

Mr Parker
please give me a break,you make me laugh,no man-spider is the movie to watch if you want to see a god awful comicbook movie adaptation.Daredevil is 10 times better than Man-spider,it was a lot more loyal to the comicbook by far.and please,the organics is what kept this movie from making it no 1 at the box office. because thousands boycotted the film because of it.Now the hulk, you have a case saying its worse than manspider because yeah it was a pretty bad film to,but daredevil? give me a break,DD was 10 times better than this horrible film was.

Mr Parker
that was a joke about it being great right? laughing

Mr Parker
no I have backed up everything I have said many times before,you just choose to ignore it and let it go through one ear and out the other roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
please dont give us this laughable logic that it only works in the comics,your not a film maker you dont know that.and also there are things in this movie that are a hell of a lot more unbeleievable than a kid creating a fluid,the film makers only used the organics and screwed up the goblin costume like they did because it was lazy film making,nothing more.they could EASLY have portrayed this to the world audience,its only a comicbook for crying out loud and there have been many many films made in the past like back to the future that are a hell of a lot more unbelieveable than a kid creating a fluid,so dont give me this they couldnt have portrayed it to a world audience stuff nonsense I am hearing because it just holds no water. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Daredevil was a hell of a lot better than this god awful man-spider movie was.

Mr Parker
your logic is as laughable as that last posters was.this movie was NOT meant for true loyal spider-man fans.it was made only for the sony producers, nobody else.that is so laughable logic to say that you would find it hard to believe that a kid could create a fluid yet you can accept many many of the other things in this movie that are far more unbelievable than that,such as norman developing a formula that gives him super strength, spiderbite tha gives him super strength,ability to climb on walls,ect,or nobody in this movie being able to put two and two togther despite the fact he demonstrated all his powers in front of everybody in the cafeteria and yet a spiderman guy shows up a couple months later swinging through the neighborhood,according to your logic,back to the future should never have been made either,thats a hell of a lot more unbelieveable than a kid creating a fluid. roll eyes (sarcastic) or the batman movies never should have been made either,bruce wayne and alfred are the ones who construct the batcave and nobody knows about it? whatever,please you are crippling your argument here that its not believeable that a teenage kid could create a fluid but all that other stuff is believeable,that is absurd logic that holds no water at all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Thank you Bakerboy.Good point.you want to talk about it being unbelievable that a kid could create a fluid and organics are better? give me a break. For every argument you have against mechanics, I have just as many if not more against organics because like bakerboy said,the webbing if he got the power to shoot it organically,the webbing would shoot out of his ass,there is just no logical reason for the webbing to be shooting out of his wrists,none at all!!!!! I mean to shoot that far great distances requiring so much pressure,the pressure would damage his blood vessels and veins he has in his wrists,thats just not plausible.also spiders dont SHOOT webbing,so there is no logical justification for him to be shooting webbing in the first place!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) again NONE AT ALL!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also well made points by you Gambit,well said,that was manspider we saw just like you said.

who?-kid
That's your opinion, and I respect that. But Devildare, according to me, sucked.

Ben Affleck was a very average Devildare, Jennifer Garner sucked big time as Elektra and Kingpin (Duncan) didn't scare or impress me one bit. The only cool and successful character was Bullseye.

And I know you probably won't agree with me, but Spider-Man was definitely more faithful to the comics than Devildare was. And was better acted. And had great special effects (the webslinging looked tremendous!). It had more humor (a bit) than Devildare, and some of the action scenes were awesome. (The only thing I hated was the mask of you know who, but that topic has already been taken care off.)

O yeah, Spider-Man had better reviews and made more money than Devildare. These last two of course don't mean squat if you don't like the movie, but they count at least for something, I think.

Mr Parker
As long as you say daredevil is better than manspider is my opinion I have no problem with that but at the same time as long as you say manspider is better than daredevil is your opinion- which you werent saying in your post,I got no problem with that either. more faithful? thats a laugh.Black Kingpin=reasonable change, organics=moronic change.more humor? yeah whatever,there was hardly anything funny in this movie except maybe that -go webs go scene which seems like that was proably the only reason they gave him organics because of some idea someone came up who knew that would be funny,yet if you are going for laughs,they could just have easily have substituted him accidently squirting the fluid in his face while testing it. roll eyes (sarcastic) Hmm I found Garner amazing as Elecktra. you have actually made some good reasonable points here.Yes I agree the special effects were awesome, especially the oscorp building,put it takes a hell of a lot more than special effects to impress me to like a movie.The Phantom Menace had some cool special effects but that also was a horrible movie because it ALSO had a horrible story.The acting I agree was very good for the most part,the only real weak link was James Franco as Harry Osborn,Please that old laughable logic that it made so much money makes it a great movie is such a weak argument.It only made so much money because of what an extremely popular character he is,spidey is a lot more well known then daredevil is,everybody knows who spidey is,not so with daredevil and sorry,manspider had just as many bad reviews by just as many people as daredevil did.

Red Superfly
Yes, after thinking about it, I too prefer Spiderman to Daredevil.

I liked the dark direction in Daredevil, but they kinda played up on Daredevils weakness too much. He seemed to be concentrating too hard on trying to "see", and there is no way he'd get put off by noises every time. He could see better than we could, without the need for rain. In the comics he had better senses than even Spiderman. I hated how the only way he could beat Kingpin was to make it rain. Daredevil was shown to be blind, when in the comics he was given even better "sight" because of his accident.

Did anyone ever see the 90's Spiderman cartoon which had Daredevil in a two part episode? That Daredevil was a good representation. He was portrayed as an equal to Spiderman, and he, quite rightly, is.

who?-kid
True, I forgot a second mistake in the Spider-Man movie (next to the mask of the Green Goblin): the acting of the guy that plays Harry Osborn. That wasn't too great, if you ask me.

Otherwise, good movie.

Spider-Dan
Shut the f*ck up already! Your little rant is getting way too old. You have made only one good point... true Spider-Man fans should be upset that they didn't stick to the original story. You, on the other hand, are taking it a little too seriously. I don't think you're a true fan, but more of a Spider-Man nut-job. Get over it!

Zephonim
Common, "blah, blah, blah" is a pefectly good argument to defend his opinion. It's clear that he knows just what he is talking about and has plenty of goods point to make that do nothing but support his point of view.

who?-kid
Another thing: what is the big deal about the webshooters being organic ?

Does that change the story ?
No. Not one bit.
The characters ?
No.
Bad guys maybe ?
Nope.
Does that change Peter Parker ?
No !!
Does that change Spider-Mans powers in a special way ?
Absolutely not.
Does it change the mood of the film ?
Lol, of course not.
Will it make a difference in future Spider-Man films ?
Certainly not.

Was it needed to change the webshooters ?
Yes, it made more sense and it shortened the film with let's say 15 minutes. Peter Parker was bitten by a radio-active spider, and his body was changed and mutated and given "spiderlike" abilities. One of the things that spiders do, is making webs, and so does Spider-Man ! Makes sense to me.

So, what's the big deal then ?

Red Superfly
Even though that is a good point, I'd have to agree with the "Man-Spider" people on the webshooters. They were not a necessary change, and they could have been easily done.

Think about it, that bit where he was trying to use his organics on that roof, would have probably have taken as long as explaining the webshooters. A quick montage of him building the webshooters, and bam, done in less than a minute.

This is why so many people were angry with the film, because they (quite rightly) percieved a few of the "big" changes as totally unwarranted.

Back to the webshooters - Peter needn't have built them either. Uncle Ben could have been working on coagulating fluid and devised a pressurised container for it. This could have been at the beginning of the movie.

I think it's totally fair for people to hate on the film. Most people that went to see the movie, had watched the 90's cartoon (many of my casual Spidey who-only-watched-the-loyal-cartoon-friends were a little baffled by what the movie did), or read the comics at some point. The idea of Green Goblin wearing a flight suit, Spiderman having organic webbing, the lack of the famous radioactive spider are all reasons why people were put off.

I enjoyed the movie, but I know for a fact that that crazy budget could have been put to better use.

Also, to make things a little less aggravating, I kinda see the Spiderman movie as an alternate "universe" to the comics. Like how when Spiderman teamed up with five other versions of himself. Add the movie Spiderman to the list of the "alter" Spideys.

Mr Parker
Good points Red Superfly. thumb up Thats what I have tried to explain to people for the past 3 years that the organics were NOT a necessary change and could easily have done with a two minute montage sequence.I also had the idea of him working on the fluid as part of a science project for his class and the fact he was already working on developing something like that,it would not take that much screentime to work in the mechs. This movie will do nothing but confuse the younger generation as they get older,it already is.I have run into many kids who said -DIDNT HE LIKE CREATE THE WEB FLUID THOUGH? I THOUGHT I REMEMBER IN THE CARTOONS THAT HE CREATED THE WEB FLUID,HOW COME WE NEVER SAW HIM DO THAT? the cartoon was a hell of a lot better of an adaptation to the comics much more so than this movie was.Ill take watching the cartoon-even though it had some flaws to,over that horrible movie any day of the year.

who?-kid
You have all good points, but I still believe that the organic webshooters are actually a good change since they haven't got the slightest effect on the story. See also my previous message.

For those who want to know my opinion (if there are such people hahaha) I never liked the idea of the original webshooters in the first place. I didn't hate them, I just learned to live with them. Don't forget the comics are about 40 years old, that's two generations, and I'm pretty sure (though I can never prove it) that if they invented Spider-Man these days, they would have done it without the mechanical webshooters.

Organic webshooters just make more sense. What is the most important feature of a spider ? Well, it makes webs ! Think of a creepy spider, and you think of a creepy web. Spider-Man has all the abilities of a spider - except sucking blood stick out tongue - but one of the most important things, his web, he had to create with some chemistry kit or whatever ???

No no no, he's a mutated man with "spiderlike" abilities, and producing in a natural way some kind of web should be one of these abilities.

That's all folks.

Red Superfly
That's only because people who invent comic book characters these days have no imagination. They WOULD give Spiderman organic webbing because they are incredibly low on imagination, and would rather "power-up" their character and pump it full of super-powers.

Stan Lee, was a genius. A man bitten by a Spider - and DIDN'T get the ability to shoot webs? He did it by other means? He used his scientific brilliance to show the reader how clever he was? A Spiderman who can swing on his web way above the people of New York? It's crazy - but Stan Lee made it work, made it believable, made the character 100% concrete, made him perfect.

You cannot improve upon perfection.

Like I said, "alternate universe"............

who?-kid
Looks like you really thought about it, and though I'm still not convinced, it's nice to discuss something on a civilized way instead of insulting each other and using stupid arguments. It's a big difference compared to most of the other threads.

Mind you, I still favour the organic webshooters stick out tongue.

Red Superfly
Oh sure, I understand why they were used, the organics, it makes sense in this day and age, but give me a choice between webshooters and organics - i'd take webshooters every time, there's so much more you can do with them, in terms of abilities and story/drama.

Daywalker
I suppose you're right about that. Pete's webshooters would always get clogged or he's run out of fluid. That got old with me like the Superman/Kryptonite deal so I didn't mind the organics in the movie.

I haven't seen many comic book to movie adaptations that are dead on anyway. Remember that these movies are merely "based on" meaning there is room for some changes. It's easy to critique movies and say how they could have been better. I don't remember Batman having a big heavy rubber suit in the comics but I dealt with it.

Spidey gets 3 stars(out of 4) from me and I can't wait to see Spider-Man2

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
and after he saves them a couple of kids see his doing
and say " WOW AMAZING"and he makes a shiiiii with the lips
this scene can actually be seen on th extras from spider dvd on the tv spot or sth like that

Red Superfly
^^^ Huh? blink

Spiderman_RJ
u didnt know that? be more conclusive man ....huhn is ofensive

Red Superfly
^^^ Huh? blink

victodor
Huge battle?With who?

The Ones
some advice mr parker:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_119.gif

Mr Parker
oh poor baby,cant take criticism of a movie you like. big grin

The Ones
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_3_10.gif **** OFF MR PARKER

SimoneDepp
Man-spider sux!!!!!!

Mr Parker
Yeah and it REALLY sux they are making more man-spider sequels. mad

who?-kid
No it doesn't, it's great, I can't wait to see it. And I suspect that lots of the so-called "man-spider followers" will be sitting on the first row when it comes out.

Mr Parker
Yeah I agree with you on that Who? Kid that the Man-Spider fans such as yourself and the ones will be there on the first row anxious to once again see sony rape to death the character of spider-man and destroy the spidey mythos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Red Superfly
I'm not a man-spider fan, but I will be watching the movie.

Like I said, I have many reservations about what has been done to the SPiderman character, but I can totally live with it.

I'll always, ALWAYS love the comic book, but I'll still go to see the movies.

And, my biggest reservation about the movie was the Goblin suit - and it seems they are finally learning from their mistakes with Ock, who at least looks the part, which Goblin never did.

I MUST see the movie in the hope that Ocks character will be portrayed correctly.

I couldn't just sit there as a Spiderman fan, and NOT go to see the movie, even if it does turn out to be crap, it's still Spiderman, and the six year old kid in my mind is truly excited about seeing Doctor Octopus on screen. I couldn't just sit there and let it pass, while everybody I know (who aren't even fans have Spiderman) would have seen it.

I MUST watch it, then if there are any bad bits - I can educate my friends on what they did wrong, in the hope that they too see the wrong-doings.

But, for all we know, it could be the BEST MOVIE EVER. Not long to go now people, we may as well wait THEN judge it.

Daywalker
I have to see what happens when Harry unmasks Spidey. Holy cliffhanger Batman! laughing out loud I'm not a Spidey fanatic like the rest of the people in this thread either but I do like him. IMO, organic webshooters are not as big of a deal as that horrible Goblin suit sick I really enjoyed the first Spidey movie and I definitely look forward to the 2nd one.

Daywalker
I'll be there without a doubt.

What's this whole man-spider thing about anyway? Because of the web shooters? If that's the case, I guess crawling on walls and that spidersense makes him a Man-Spider anyway right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Red Superfly
Yet another true believer, and hello, by the way.

Daywalker
Hello cool Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is because Spidey looks great. Spidey fans should be thankful because i've seen some comic book heroes that were destroyed on the big screen.

VENOMfan
Like Cyclops, he was a headstrong leader in the comics, the movies made him weak just so Wolverine would get even MORE screen time.

Lord Soth
Despite the inconsistencies from the comic books (which I still think don't matter), I'm seeing the movie as soon as possbile

who?-kid
Wise words. Most films of superheroes are just crap, with a few rare exceptions.

Spider-Man was a very faithful movie, very faithful to the comics. It was more faithful than Superman, Daredevil, the Hulk, X-Men, The League of extra-ordinary Gentlemen, Spawn, Batman (any of the Batman movies) and Hellboy.

The very few changes were not important, except for some "true Spider-Man fans". I couldn't care less about the webshooters, or about Gwen/Mary Jane. A movie is not a comic, a comic is not a movie. Choices have to be made. Period.

Spider-Man exists over 40 years !! So much has happened, so many characters have shown up, Spider-Man himself has gone through so much changes and so many people have read Spider-Man (two generations) that it's impossible to show a "realistic" Spider-Man.

THE Spider-Man does not exist. These things you must realize before watching the movie. And for the people who make a big deal about a few meaningless changes => stop calling yourself "true Spider-Man fans". It doesn't impress me.

The only thing I feared when watching the movie, was that Sam Raimi would not be able to show the most spectacular powers of Spider-Man : the jumping, fighting and webslinging at the same time. Well, he did a great job !

Spiderman_RJ
SPOILER spiderman looses his power at the movie

Spiderman_RJ
spoiler oc tunrs good on ending of movie

Spiderman_RJ
so we aint gonna see him again as octopus (HATE IT)

Spiderman_RJ
or if the vilain chip is true , he may return cos his mech arms dont die as u will see on the final scene (briliant idea from raimi he rules)

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
correcting what i said once
the train persuit is after the tower battle
It starts off exactly as you see in the teaser trailer, with Spidey swinging through the buildings and then you see him in Doc Ock's glasses. Doc Ock climbs up the building and Spidey swings down to the pole atop the building just above Doc Ock. He yells at him, "where is she?!" Doc Ock says something, which I can't recall like "u are starting to boring me" and they start battling. And I mean battling! Punches are flying left and right (think of Ock's tentacles on this one) and Spidey gets thrown down the building. He shoots two things which hit Doc Ock and then they fall down to the train going underneath. They are shown tumbling because of the speed of the train. Then the train fight begins, which features them throwing each other around, punching through the windows to get to each other, etc. Doc tosses Spidey from the train down to the street below, but Spidey is able to catch the train by shooting his web. While he's trying to make it back to the train, Doc starts tossing people from the train towards him, who Spidey has to save by creating webs that they fall in - which will be a sight to see!

VENOMfan
for future use Spiderman RJ this is how you post a spoiler

just quote me to see

I hope we see some cameos in Spiderman 2

Spiderman_RJ
i think i learned

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
Thank u Venom again , i sent a email to the admin consent me to alter the spoiler.lets see what he says

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>