did they have to kill neo in M1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
i watched M1 the other day and i was trying to figure out how they got neo out of the matrix. it seemed to me that they would have had to kill neo to get him out, thats why they put the trace program 'the red pill' in him so that they could find his body. when he woke up in the real world, that robot came and unscrewed him, like that was the robots every day job, then he flushed him into what looked like a waste area, now why would a robot have this job if people waking up alive didnt happen every day? so the question is , do people wake up from the matrix when they die? that would explain the whole 'flush to waste thing,' because the robots have to do something with the dead.

what do you guys think?

-if this doesnt make sense then please tell me nicely instead of shooting me down for it.

Noola
I don't think Neo died - that was just a trace program. And people who die in the matrix die in the real world as "the mind cannot live without the body". Those dead bodies are liquified and fed intravenously to the living according to Morpheus

mindbugaling
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!! okay, but that still doest explain the robot....

Verity
No, but they do stop existing as they did in the matrix....Neo ceased to be Thomas Anderson, as the kid would stop being Michael Popper! He could plug into the matrix with another name, and no one would know him as they did....So technically they die.

mindbugaling
but wat about dying of old age? could the real world be the after life?

Verity
Who knows....but I think when they have a "natural" death, that's when they liquify them and apply the liquid intravenously to the "newborns" (i'm quoting sarchastically)...Otherwise, they r just pulled out, and the matrix ppl would see the death as an accident, or suicide like Popper....and so on!

The One Himself
The Red Pill was a trace program and made the Neo's mind connection with the Matrix to be rejected too...As he begins to refuse the simulation, the machines decided to eject him.

tshirt
When people who are plugged into the matrix die (from something in the matrix, like a car crash, or from old age in real life), their body stops giving off the electrical impulses and heat. The computer signals going from the matrix to the body cease. The machines then send a robot to that pod to remove the body. (Take the wire out and flush.) The pod would then be available for a new body.

The pill Neo took interrupted these signals giving the machine computer informaton that said Neo is dead. The computer then sent a robot to disconnect him.

Yes, that is the robot's job. Disconnect anyone who dies or wakes up. And since there are MILLIONS of humans, people are dying everyday, either from a natural disaster or old age or sickness. So, they need robots to disconnect the dead, flush and put a new body in the pod.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.