KoRn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
big grin The greatest...ever! up there with tool obviously..wink

I love Korn, i think they revolutionarised new metal! wink Jonathan Davis is amazing...not sure about the last album, its gone all too gothic for them...well compared to the first album it has anyway!

Anyone likes...

Difrycheulyd
Im not the most biggest fan...on a negative note their lyrics are repetitive and their concepts within them are based all around the same thing.

But they have a brilliant powerful sound and JD is an amazing vocalist. But cover of Metallicas 'one' was pretty damn bad.

'Follow the leader' album probably is my favorite. I quite liked 'untouchables' alot as well.... big grin

lil bitchiness
I liked follow the leader, but not as nealy as much as the first one KoRn-KoRn or the Issues..that was awsome...

I think their lyrics are great..they are arround similar thing, but they are still great..wink

in flames
im the biggest korn fan..but there lyrics are bad all so whiny..i like there music..powerfull and jon is a good vocal (screamer) not singer

there first album is my fav album ever and life is peachy was good too they lacked on follow the leader for me it only had a few good songs but issues was great for me..untouchables sucked!! exept for a few songs like "here to stay" "one more time" "no ones there" "blame"

i heard a few sampels from there upcomming album and it seems so promissing!! sounds likea mixture of life is peachy and issues!!

Difrycheulyd
I think my second favorite is then self titled album...but I really like 'shoots and ladders' and 'blind' .... 'Issues' some decent tracks but I didn't like it to much. 'Life is peachy' is the only korn album I dont own....and I haven't listened to all of it yet.

I liked 'untouchables' although I must admit it is the most 'whinny' album they have made.... at least it had no Fred Durst messed (no rap woo hoo - no offense to anyone who likes rap)

But I think 'untouchables' had something powerful about it inparticular. I like 'beat it upright'.

lil bitchiness
yeah...agreed...

I mean songs like 'Make me Bad' and ''Falling away from me'' are just amazing..untouchables was alright, but it as noting compared to the first album....most people hated ''issues'', but i loved it! blink

BackFire
I enjoy their early stuff.

in flames
their early stuff are there best work..the only problem with korn is that they tried so hard to top there first album but they never did and idoubt now that they ever would...there first album is really amazing..itsheavy,its powerfull,the lyrics are sometimes funny and sometimes so disturbing and touching..jons voice was really emotional on the first record and also on life is peachy..right now they sound KoRny and forced.

the best thing about life is peachy is the intro "twist" which will blow your head off...and the the song " GOOD GOD " its my fav korn song and its disturbing..jon sreamed the hell out of him self on that song too bad they dont make music like that anymore!!

Difrycheulyd
I always thought 'follow the leader' was the prefered album amongst fans. Well thats what Ive seen..... it's also my prefered album. I think it'd be alot better without fred durst in it though and the rap.... why the hell did koRn have to bring Limp Bizkit to the music industry. sad

'pretty face' I love that track.

they seem to be wanting to get more darker now...its seeming to appear to the more wannabe goths and suicidal out there. laughing

crazy_rock_chic
KoRn are cool

total metalhead
freak on a leash is one of my fave songs ever. there a totally unique band.

lil bitchiness
'Good God' is an amazing song.....i agree.... I think Johanthan DAvis doesnt 'freak out' as much as he did before...i still think they are greatest....(not as great as Tool..but up there with them wink)

p.s. like your sig metalhead.... I love Tripp Eisen rock

jonathandavis77
okay guys....you people just dont understand korn.....

1) Korn
2) Follow the Leader
3) Take a Look In The Mirror (i have the whole album on cd)
4) Life is Peachy
5) Issues
6) Untouchables

now...as far as all those people who said they liked Untouchables....
you should be shot in the head repeadatly over and over again.
That album was the biggest peice of shit, and issues was ok, but it still wasnt what you guys all say it is.

total metalhead
thnx. i had my hair like Tripp's once but it was a pain to maintain so i went back to my usual short spikes.

loserib
as a vocalist i find jons vocals boring he realy has very little range at all i was very disapointed when i saw them live

total metalhead
i agree their not the best live but i still think hes a good vocalist

loserib
i disagree i meen yeah he does know how to work what he has but to sing in his style is very easy i mean compard to singers like david from disturbed or kud from mudvayne he is really not that good

total metalhead
true. best 2 vocalists in my opinion in metal are serj from SOAD and chester from Linkin Park.

loserib
ill agree with serj but kud and david could out sing inyncin park anyday

total metalhead
if you say so dude

lil bitchiness
Chester from Linkin Park should be killed slowly and painfully!

Jonathan DAvis has a great voice....i think he's generaly amazing, and if you wanna talk about GREAT vocalist

Maynard from Tool/A Perfect Circle is the BEST vocalist i have ever heard..up there with Serj of course...

in flames
who said jon could ever sing ? im the biggest korn fan and ivbe been there fan since 95..jons vocals mostly started to sound forced on issues and on untouchables he sang like shit..he is not a singer JON DAVIS IS A GOOD SCREAMER..on the two first records he mostly screamed or growled the lyrics and thats just his style and he should stick to it

fans of follow the leader are gone now..they are MTV/TRL fans

this is my order of best korn album best to worse

1-Korn
2-issues
3-life is peachy
4-untouchables
5-follow the leader ( this album has only 4 great tracks and the rest is just rubbish)

in flames
and i agree on maynard being the best vocal ever..he's just great

loserib
i agree on tool but i but i think jons screams and growls blow to sorry

Difrycheulyd
chester's voice has no range at all. He can basically only sing one, maybe two notes..... you ever seen them live?

And at the moment he seems to have stopped singing notes, all seems to just be shouting and not that powerful at all.

total metalhead
ok ok! talk about shittin on my opinions guys

lil bitchiness
Oh my god..i just saw KoRn's video 'Right Now' (yeah, i know) and i swear i was gonna be sick at one point...its discussting! So for all of you who havent seen it...this is the link...enjoy....

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1014635

in flames
i saw it and its so sick so i dont think it'll get any mtv air play..dosent matter..i heard the new album and im telling its the best thing ive heard from korn since self titteld its loud,heavy,fast,raw jon never sounded as good as this its almost like old korn.

lil bitchiness
No i dont think so either.....I almost fainted how nasty that vide was!!! ARGH!! Song sounds good though!

in flames
after hearing the whole album right now isnt really a very good song..theres alot of good shit on it..check out lets do this now and when will this end great songs !

Darth Revan
I love issues... I'm listening to it right now rock

The episode of Southpark with Korn on it was awesome big grin

Deathblow
Issues is cool, Trash and Lets Get This Party Started are disturbingly good cool

Although I have a confession, I think I'm starting to like Unotouchables...

lil bitchiness
Awh the olden days when i made this thread happy embarrasment

Deathblow
Why the hell have you put Follow The Leader and TALITM ahead of Life Is Peachy? blink

Thats such a horribly common misjudgment. Just because they didn't pack LIP with catchy lyrics and sing-a-long hooks everyone underestimates it. It's easily their second best album. Its much creepier, weirder and darker than anything they did after it. Maybe its you who don't understand Korn confused

Polly
LOVE KORN! They are figgin awesome! I have two KoRn posters up in my room happy

Darth Revan
ok... I just read the thing about vocalists... Here's the deal... Maynard J Keenan is probably the best vocalist overall, he's a good lyricist and I don't know of any other vocalist who can emote like that if ya know what I mean... Serj from SOAD also kicks ass, and Zack de la Roca from RATM... But IMHO Brandon Boyd has the nicest sounding voice of a rock vocalist... Jon Davis is awesome. He doesn't have a "pretty" voice, but, like Keenan, the emotion he puts into his voice makes up for that...

ElectricBugaloo
MJK's got a set of lungs too. Damn, he can hold some of those yells forever, especially in concert.

Darth Revan
Yeah, he does.

room #99
phill anselmo is a better screamer then maynard..but maynard is the best vocalist

Deathblow
Anselmo doesn't scream.

room #99
then what dose he do lol...the great southern trednkill...in the begining of the song..what was that ? A SCREAM!!!! and like most of his songs he screams!!

Deathblow
I wouldn't call them screams, they're too deep. They're more growls than screams.

Aini
...oh hell no, I've seen mudvayne live and he sucks so bad! Love his voice on their CD's but live...messed

To get back to korn
I only like their old stuff. Korn, Life is Peachy and maybe follow the leader are great but the rest.... no

Aini
..which ISN'T suppose to mean that Jon is a better singer than the Mudvayne dude, by the way...

Deathblow
I think he's very talented. He obviously can't hit the high notes like Maynard or Chino, but boy has he got a set of lungs on him...
Also, he has a phenomenal vocal range, and the fact that he can put so much sincere emotion into his voice, and still keep it from cracking is very impressive. And the bagpipes are nice bonus.

Darth Revan
^agree

Df02
i dont rate Jon as highly as alot of people.
id put Chino, Maynard, Grady Avenell (will haven) above em

I just love the rawness of Grady's voice, granted he doesnt have much range....but when ur playing for a Grindcore-esque Hardcore band you dont really need range lol
Shame Will Haven broke up, they were an amazing band and still one of my favourites

Deathblow
Yeah well like I said, he can't hit the notes like Maynard and Chino, but he's all about power and (to come back to it) range. Name me one other vocalist who can be a gruff and throaty death metal singer one minute, and a soft and a spooky goth rock singer the next. He can do almost anything, apart from the Keenan/Moreno/Palumbo scream.

OrliObsessor1
Amazing Band, Korn. I've listened to them for quite a few years, and i like Jonathan Davis, and Head is cool too.

Spicy_Mchaggis
i love korn. i will admit that their lyriscizing is very same and repetitive, every song is like: you suck the life out of me and i hate you. im not saying those are exact lyrics but there all based around that. and their cover of metallica's one is pretty shitty. jonathon is offbeat half of the time and the guitars left out like 3 huge solo's. their first cd is their best and untouchables is their worst.

BackFire
My favorite Korn songs....in no order

Good God
Justin
BBK
Pretty
Blind
Need to
Mr. Rogers
Divine
Faget
Trash
Helmet in the Bush
Fake
Daddy

OrliObsessor1
I like Here to Stay

Deathblow
nice choices backfire

(mines in order)

Daddy
Lies
Mr Rogers
Faget
Good God
Need To
Clown
Fake
Pretty
Lost
Helmet In The Bush
Kill You
Lets Get This Party Started

Spicy_Mchaggis
here to stay is a good one. im just sick of it because they played it like 3 times every hour on the radio when it first came out.

Deathblow
yeah it's a classic, but like Freak On A Leash, Got The Life and Y'all Want A Single its been played to death. None of my favorite Korn songs were singles, except for Good God but that got zero radio play.

room #99
my fav korn songs are
kill you
faget
good god
blind
need too
ball tounge
blind
got the life
trash
no way
pretty
trash
ass itch
a.d.i.d.a.s
mr rogers
my gift to you

Deathblow
No Way??? blink

Can I ask why thats one of your favorites?

room #99
well it has decent lyrics compared to the crappy lyircs jon writes..it has a nice intro..the drumming is decent..and i love the creepy vocals he dose at the end of the song.

now can i ask you why you look shocked that i like the song no way ?

Deathblow
Oh ok. Its just to me that song is the weakest track on Issues. Its not terrible, its just Korn by numbers. They use their usual formula; funky bassline, driving guitar riff + growly hook, but don't really add to it in anyway. Just my opinion though.

The lyrics aren't great on it though, its till just the usual mention of hating, feeling and falling. There are at least five better songs (lyrically) on Issues.

loserib
ill just never get why so many people dig korn they are sya bad live

Df02
i know, im not a huge KoRn fan either....at Download i went to watch Slayer instead, as every metalhead would in the same position!!!

loserib
id pick slayer over korn anyday

room #99
any metalhead would!!

Deathblow
They didn't used to be. And besides, not all good bands are great live performers.

Deathblow
And as for Slayer, I'd pick them over anyone. I've never had so many near-death experiences in one pit.

Hostile
KoRn are incredible. Their music has a feel and a mood that no other band can match, in my opinion. It's so goddamn powerful some times, especially Make Me Bad. It's brilliant. Happy Dance

Pah! Slayer really aren't that hot. KoRn weren't too good live either (Davis sounded out of breath from the start) but they're a damn site better than Slayer IMO.

Df02
Slayer are a ****ing class act...leagues above KoRn

Deathblow
Its true. Korn used to be good live, back when I was too young to go see them. If you watch videos of them performing before they were signed/on tour promoting their first two albums/Rock Is Dead with Rob Zombie&Videodrone they were amazing.
I've seen them 5 times, and only 3 outta those 5 were any good, and only one of them was exceptional ('99 promoting Issues). But saying that, not even their best show could match Slayer.

But I still love them.

BackFire
If you think they were good during that Rob Zombie tour, you should get some of their footage from really old school concerts. When they were touring for Life is Peachy. They were amazing back then. I have never seen anyone headbang as hard as Jon Davis did back in like 96.

As far as slayer being unbeatable go. Pantera can easily match Slayers intensitity when it comes to their mosh pits. So can some less known death metal bands, such as Deicide and Morbid Angel.

Df02
no, im not talking about intensity...im talking about all round greatness, Slayer can only be matched by a few bands...

ive been in more intense pits than slayer...infact there were more intense pits at download than slayer... Hatebreed for one

EDIT: Pantera could match intensity, but Pantera imo arent as good as Slayer overall, theyre an amazing band dont get me wrong, but Slayer are just legends...pure and simple

Deathblow
I was talking about old shows. I said 'like when they were promoting their first two albums' which were 10 years ago. I got a DVD with a shit load of real old school shows its dope.

I wouldn't call Deicide and Morbid Angel less known...but yeah I've seen Morbid Angel and they were excellent, but I'd still put Slayer ahead of them. As for Deicide and Pantera I can't say cos i've never seen either of them.

Spicy_Mchaggis
korn is good. i have take a look in the mirror, and im trying to find their first cd. blind is an awesome song! i might see them live in august

Hostile
they rock. accept it.

13unnyvg
idk y you "koRn fans" don't like Untouchables. All their songs on Untouchables are good. The first Korn cd "KoRn" only had like 3 good songs like "Blind, Shoots and Ladders, and Clown." Follow the leader had about 3 good songs also "Freak on a leash, Got the life, and Dead bodies everywhere." Life is peachy only had like 1 good song and it was of course "Adidas". Issues had 3 awesome songs "Falling away from me, Make me bad, and Somebody Someone" Take a look in the mirror also has 3 good songs "Right Now, Did my Time, and Everything Iv'e Known" Untouchables has 14 AWESOME tracks + 1 hidden song. Serious its there best album ever. Just check out the songs if you haven't heard them. ALL SONGS ON UNTOUCHABLES KICK ASS! they all have an awesome chorus and beginning to them here are my album ratings:
KoRn:6 of 10
Follow the leader:6 of 10
Life is peachy:4 of 10
Issues:7 of 10
Untouchables: 10!
Take a look in the mirror: 5.5 of 10

Check out Untouchables if you haven't! Listen to the songs FULLY! peace

Polly
okay.. since when was THAT the order?

koRn
life is peachy
follow the leader
issues
untouchables
take a look in the mirror

we don't understand koRn? what the hell does that mean?

Deathblow
i'm starting to like Unotuchables more now, but it strays way to far from their roots to be their best. And as for Korn only having 3 good ones, LIP only having 1 etc. ARE YOU DEAF??? Those are by far their best two albums, as Polly rightly said.

Every single song on both Korn+LIP were good except for Predictable and No Place To Hide, whereas Untouchables has some terrible songs on it: Make Believe, Bottled Up Inside, I'm Hiding, Alone I Break and the horrible remix of Here To Stay are sorry excuses for tracks. Same with FTL, Children Of The Korn, All In The Family and Seed suck.

LilKitty
Never been a fan of untouchables that much. I loved Issues, although many people didnt.

Take a look in the mirror is great thou! Its going back to old KoRn a little bit.

Deathblow
Korn and Life Is Peachy are by far my faves, followed by Issues yes

Darth Revan
Personally, I love Issues. I like the first track with the bagpipes, I don't know why but that's one of my favorite tracks on it. Just wish they'd made it longer. I don't have Untouchables though.

LilKitty
Dont get me wrong ''Korn'' is a classic. I loved Life is Peachy, but not more than Issues, like DR said, the bagpipes in the first track just kick ass! happy

Deathblow
Very true yes and Trash is totally amazing.

IMO best bagpipes section is on Korn though, on the intro to Shoots And Ladders. Its so beautiful happy

LilKitty
I lover shoots and ladders!! absolutely lover that song! happy

Its amazing indeed. happy

I wish Korn could get back to being Korn they were when they made ''KoRn'' but that isnt gonna happen really messed

Darth Revan
Trash rocks rock

13unnyvg
Untouchables best songs=Blame, Hollow Life, Bottled up inside, Thoughtless, Hating, One more time, Alone i break, Embrace, im hiding , and no one's there.

my favorite korn songs are:
Im Hiding
No one's there
Freak on a leash
Got the life
Dead bodies everywhere
Blind
Falling away from me
Make me bad
Somebody Someone
Adidas
Here to stay
Embrace
Thoughtless
Alone i break
One more time
Hating
Blame
Hollow life
Bottled up inside
if i had to choose 2 songs they would be "Im Hiding" and "No one's there"

Deathblow
woah...that is very different from my list.

Blame, Embrace & Wake Up Hate are easily the best songs on Untouchables.

lil bitchiness
I loved the singles also from the untouchables. 'Thoughtless' and ''Here to say'' 'Alone I brake' was alright....just....alright.

Deathblow
Yep Thoughtless and Here To Stay were good, but I despise Alone I Break with every fibre of my being messed

BackFire
Anyone hear their latest single off of their upcoming album? It's pretty solid. Catchy rythm, I like it. Different sound then their prior songs.

Anyways, you can hear it at their website if you are interested.

Deathblow
Yeah I only heard a brief sample of it, but I think I liked what I heard.

BackFire
They have the whole song to hear on their website if you're interested.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Deathblow
true. best 2 vocalists in my opinion in metal are serj from SOAD and chester from Linkin Park.

Too cute.

Well now I know I don't have to be ashamed at liking Linkin Park through my high school years.

Guess we were all little dumb little pot heads at one time.

Deathblow
I didn't like em, I thought he was a good singer flirt

Listened to it properly now and yeah it is pretty good, gotta say though, I like the sound of ''Throw Me Away'' a lot more.

cool_dudes_rule
there ok but not that good.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Deathblow
I didn't like em, I thought he was a good singer flirt

Listened to it properly now and yeah it is pretty good, gotta say though, I like the sound of ''Throw Me Away'' a lot more.

Eeeewww Chester has coooties sad turned

Everyone hates Korn nowadays, and I don't think they're so terrible.

Alpha Centauri
They seem to adhere to the rule of Earlier material = Better material.

-AC

JenR1215
is the lead signer's brother still sing?

Dordaness
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
big grin The greatest...ever! up there with tool obviously..wink

I love Korn, i think they revolutionarised new metal! wink Jonathan Davis is amazing...not sure about the last album, its gone all too gothic for them...well compared to the first album it has anyway!

Anyone likes...
first of all its numetal, their new album was a pile mainstream shit their old stuff was awesome, they lost the passion plus head left so by default they have became mildly annoying and crap. and Jon davis is fat now. and the last album isnt gothic at all its just all rappy and shitty and lame. Happy Dance laughing

Alpha Centauri
That was an old post. I don't honestly believe she feels Korn are up there with Tool.

-AC

Darth Revan
If you look closely, you'll even notice that she used a wink. Sarcasm?

eggmayo
Originally posted by Darth Revan
If you look closely, you'll even notice that she used a wink. Sarcasm?
There's no point explaining that, he used a dancing banana..

Alpha Centauri
The one thing I always found annoying about Korn was Fieldy.

His technique and him in general.

-AC

Mišt
Buuump.

See You On The Other Side.......my gawd.....is this like I-want-to-hump-this-album or WHAT? eek! droolio

Fecking awesomecurlers

StinkFist462
i was actually impressed with how well See You On The Otherside is. its not their best. buts its definatly better than the crap they have been released lately

Roulette
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Maynard from Tool/A Perfect Circle is the BEST vocalist i have ever heard..up there with Serj of course...

yesclapyup, I think so too.....APC is my favourite band^-^

As for Korn...well, I lub em^^..even now I still listen to their old stuff. I think freak on a leash is their best song.

I haven't heard all the songs from their latest album, but I think that twisted transistor is schweetnessdrool

K.Diddy
I'm listening to ''see you on the otherside'' now, it is ****ing good compared to ''untouchables'' and ''issues''

I used to be a MASSIVE fan back in there first 3 album days, I loved the album'' Life is peachy'' the best cause it has my favourite korn song on it ''A.D.I.D.A.S devil

Impediment
I gave up on Korn a long time ago when they released Follow the Leader. The first two albums are genius, and I listen to them regularly, but the following albums were just absolute shit, IMO. I haven't even heard the new album yet, and I relly don't want to. I hear one of their videos features rappers like Lil' Jon and Snoop Dogg as the band members. Sorry to bust your bubbles here, but thats not metal, people. Korn is not the same band they were 12 years ago. Thats the Korn that I like. Now they're no different than Linkin Park and System of a Down.

StinkFist462
i have to say my favorite album has to be "Issues" lately. i dont know why but its magnificent

Etrigan
I've gone off Korn entirely. Used to like them. Their first album is great, and the second one was pretty good.

Now I just can't get a taste for their music again. They aren't as good as they used to be.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i have to say my favorite album has to be "Issues" lately. i dont know why but its magnificent

I thought ''Issues'' completely sucked balls

StinkFist462
its better than Follow The Leader, Untouchables, Take A Look In The Mirror and See You On The Other Side. combined. easily.

tomsgurlz
can someone agree with me when i say that see you on the other side COMPLETELY sucked balls my god i just got hooked on korn by listening to take a look in the mirror and follow the leader then korn craps out that

eggmayo
Originally posted by tomsgurlz
can someone agree with me when i say that see you on the other side COMPLETELY sucked balls my god i just got hooked on korn by listening to take a look in the mirror and follow the leader then korn craps out that

You could just use that picture as your sig.. would save time and hosting space on attaching it every single time.

supersayin4goku
um the best korn song is shoots and ladders and twisted trans

sully_2u
not the best all out screamer but he is the best at rasping his voice. Jonathan's voice is really good when he does it. As for screaming, nothing like some Lamb of God.

lil bitchiness
Wow, I made this thread ages ago blink

I do agree however still with it. I still love (old) Korn. Not sure about last few albums, although I havent checked See You On The Other Side yet. But will in due time...deffintiivly.

souvinir
i love korn

my favorite album is there first one but i quite liked see you on the other side

Patient_Leech
There's supposed to be some sort of documentary on Head. It's weird that he's back in Korn. roll eyes (sarcastic)

KORN's BRIAN 'HEAD' WELCH Discusses His Relationship With Jesus Christ: My Heart Is 'Completely His'

I hope the new album doesn't suck like the last one. I don't like the new drummer. He doesn't have the right grooving style, but it still worked pretty well with the more electronic/dubsteppy outings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.