How Smith got so strong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

De UnKnOwN 1
I was wonderin, how the hell did smith get so strong? he was always strong but never a match for Neo anyway, but now all of a sudden he is super man. i think he got strong by absorbing Seraph which is prolly the case since seraph was the only one neo had trouble fighting, any opinions....?

dave123
oracle

The One Himself
The Smith that beats Neo is an Oracle/Smith combo...

Lord Soth
That, and it's explained that Agent Smith is a "One" of a different design; Smith negative, Neo positive.

De UnKnOwN 1
thats dumb cuz, the oracle is some old lady how does she make smith so damn strong......

The One Himself
The answer is: Eat more cookies and you will find out the reason...

Lord Soth
Well, he combined his strength w/ the Oracle's all-knowing-ness

ElBiUs
i think that the smith's fight ability is of seraph, and the capacity of see the future is oracle's

Lord Soth
That's a good idea too. It makes more sense

Metamorphisis
The Oracle-Smith gave Smith the power because she was a stronger program, not designed for fighting by nature - but smith was. He also had taken every body inside the Matrix, and had a collective consiousness from which he drew upon. He essentially gained the same level control of the Matrix by taking everything connected to it. Did Seraph play a part? Yes, everyone Smith took over played a part in his strength and it was not any one person.

GABRIEL05
ummm besides cloning himself onto seraph he also cloned himself onto like countless numbers of other people too...HELLOOOOO??? Could it be that they added to his strength?

The One Himself
Each Smith is a combination of two codes: Smith code and the host code..Nothing more...The Oracle can see the future, and is one of the oldest programs in the Matrix...She knows everything about the Matrix code...

ElBiUs
greatest tip GABRIEL05 thumb up
the smith's strong is related with everybody that he was assimilated, and only not for the oracle
Happy Dance

Lord Soth
good point. I get confused easily in this forum big grin

vvvrulz
He ate some spinach yes

Metamorphisis
Isn't that what I said?! *sighs and shakes head* sad I feel so friggin' ignored sometimes! stick out tongue

Rufo
I can figure out HOW Smith got so strong, but I'm not clear WHY he changed in the first place. I get the concept that he is the yin to Neo's yang, and he's the -1 to Neo's +1 and all that, but that doesn't explain why the program that was working to clear out troublemakers developed a new purpose, presumably to destroy everything. Unless it's that after Neo refused to go along with the Architect and reboot the Matrix, Smith had to take on that goal?

JediHDM
Smith's Purpose, has been ever since he was "destroyed" by Neo in M1, has been to be the "cataclysmic system crash" the Architect told us of. Only the ONE can stop him.

Lord Soth
I hardly understood anything the Architect said during that sequence; he was talking way too fast

Metamorphisis
No, Smith became the negative at the end of the first movie. When Neo destroyed him, Smiths core was still intact, but, due to the means that Neo used to destroy Smith, and Smith finding a new host, some of Smith's code was changed. He became a virus obsessed with his purpose - a purpose to stop Neo. That was his orriginal purpose, to a degree, and now it is his soul purpose.

Metamorphisis
Then slow it down! smile Here's a transcript, it might help. There is a lot to draw in from this conversation, more than just the words, here you go:

http://www.geocities.com/justin3eb/neoarchitect.html

stinkfist462
all good points.... but i still think it is mostly of the oracle and seraph part that makes smith so strong

-LONG LIVE SMITH!!!

droopy1592
When he infected the oracle, and stuff start blowing away, it was because she was so powerful. Like Jedi said, he becomes one with the host, which is the way the oracle set him up.

The oracle helped program the matrix, so I'm sure, like the trainman programed Mobil Ave so he could be god, the Oracle could also program the matrix so she was a god, just like the architect.

I'm sure the Colonel Sanders could kick ass if he wanted to.

That's why he was so powerful. Remember when Neo said "It ends tonight" and Smith was like "I know, I've seen it" was because he was still one with the oracle, that one super smith...

In the end he said "everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo" but smith always called him Mr Anderson, so that was the oracle talking.

Rufo
I've got to go back and see the first and second movies again. I have forgotten too much! Thanks.

GABRIEL05
it happens to me all the time, but only in the LOTR forum for some reason? Hmmm....

stinkfist462
could smith have taken over the archie? cause he did call the oracle "mom"

Verity
Smith also absorbed Neo's code remember?....That allowed him to equal Neo's power!

The One Himself
But only part of it

Verity
Yes...and then added with the Oracle's stuff! He got even stronger!

Metamorphisis
LoL I'm like Seraph - a powerful presence and yet...a ghost, or maybe an anomaly that cannot be seen within the program, or even an Agent, taking on a host at will only to terminate the connection and disappear. stick out tongue And you...you must live in Mordor...you must live behind the eye, within Saron, or even the Nazgul? roll eyes (sarcastic) Heheh...Oh well...I'll get over it.

Metamorphisis
The problem is that Neo carried the anomaly, and the anomaly creates fluxuations within even the simplest mathmatical equations. After Smith took over Neo, watch the Neo-Smith's postier, and his geusters. They are very fluid, his stance is very much like Neo's, and he does not speak. The anomaly still had control, because Neo's mind did not accept the matrix, smith could not do anything but take over the host shell, but not the mind itself. Neo still existed at that point, and had control. It was just the connection the all the other Smiths, the collective consious, the collective Smith, that Neo needed access to to allow the Machines to destroy Smith when he could not.

Also, Neo was the positive end of the anomaly, Smith was the Negative - that said, if you combine the two the power would cancel itself out, which is why Neo needed the Machines to kill Smith instead of doing it himself. Simplistically put that is.

vvvrulz
Sorry bout that mate. Couldn't resist.

Lord Soth
~head explodeds~ This line of dialogue is mind-boggling....I'm sticking to horror, much more straightfoward......

xemir
I belive smith got so powerful by absorbing The Oracle, Seraph, The Little girl Sati countless Agents that the matrix probably sent after him and a few BILLION people still pluged into the matrix. He got his sight from the oracle, He became strong enough to 1 on 1 neo after absorbing Seraph (who 1 on 1s neo and holds his own n reloaded) also the Agents and Billions of people had to add to his strength. The only thing I don't get is how he can fly.

Metamorphisis
S'ok. stick out tongue I was just kidding around when I said that. smile

Metamorphisis
*to everyone* He's gonna pop! *to Lord Soth* Breath Soth..

LoL To much intake?

Metamorphisis
He absorbed the entity of the matrix itself since he absorbed everything connected to it. He ruled the coding at that point. If you remember, the matrix code was all distorted on all the ships screens, and this was because Smith had total control, he became "God" in the matrix world.

xemir
So the end of Revolutions (the final fight) was basicly clash of the titans 2 gods withen the matrix 1 a human from the real world and the other a program from the matrix. Wonder if they symbolize anything in history or a concept of 2 religions fighting or who knows. Hope to have some awnser when im done dling rev.

Metamorphisis
Xemir

Yes and no. There are many instances in Mythology and history that represent this "clash of the titans." Hercules, Samsone, David and Goliath, Peresus, the Jews and the Egyptians, the Romans and the Christians, the Christians and the Pagans, the Christians and the Muslims, even the USA collonies against England and more.

I have seen the movie many times, and the big fight between Smith and Neo seems to echo the first fight between Smith and Neo in the subway station through when Neo "destroyed" Smith. Neo's fighting technique was quite simular to the technique used in the first movie down to some of the same moves. Neo jumped into Smith, in the first movie, took over and terminated Smith's program shell, in the second movie Smith entered Neo (via the copy) and the positive and negatives were in unison, cancelling each other out and the Machines terminated the shells. Everything that happened in Revo was rather reminecent of the first movie, even Neo's conversation with the Oracle.

Don't think of it anyway other than a look back, and philosophically. I fear that if you do you'll be making a stretch to a connection that isn't whole heartedly there. Ofcourse if you find the evidence to support a connection I'd be interested in hearing it! smile

MickeyMousse
Well (to come back to your question, the topic of this thread), first of all how did Smith get back into the Matrix after being blown into pieces by Neo?

By the way, I think much of his power Smith collected is cause of Sati. Taking over a program without purpose is taking over a program without no limits to its power. So he used the unlimited power of Sati to break (and not bend) the rules of the Matrix, like gravity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.