Condolences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ömmes
While talking about the religious ties in the Matrix script, and the Judean and Christian connections, two Synagogues in my country have been assassinated, killing 20 of my countrymen and with leaving over 200 wounded.

Life belongs to God. Only he can give it, and only he can take it back. Men are not entitled to take life away. Especially not in a place where people gather to honor God himself. One that perceives himself to be entitled to do so, is no man, but a beast. And beasts do not belong to a religion.

I'd like to express my grief to all the Jewish community in my country, if any of them is reading this, and as I understand that I can speak in the name of quite a number of their Turkish fellows, accept our condolences on your loss.

Lord Soth
Be quiet w/ all that religious claptrap. This is a movie forum. This is not a place to be talking about religion, b/c there are a few ppl here who are athiests (myself included). I reiterate, religion does not have a place here (except maybe the Off-topic Forum)

GABRIEL05
I can dig it. When you say assasinated, it really is only applicable to people, and not objects.

Ömmes
I'll wait a bit more, and decide whether or not I am finished with your forum.

Lord Soth
That makes no sense

JediHDM
Lord Soth> What, you cannot express condolences to those that have been killed? that seems to be a very small thing that you could do...

Ommes> I am sorry to hear that your countrymen have been killed, that is grievous no matter what country it occurs in.

jiggaman8604
wow, way to rip him apart there jesus hater...give the guy a freaking break...wow, maybe he should appologize for feeling sorry for some people throughout the world...I dont think he should have to put himself out for the minority(athiests) so honestly...take your soapbox elsewhere.

GABRIEL05
RIGHT ON!!! Don't take no @#$ from this Lord of Soth!

Lord Soth
You should realize that I would never EVER say anything to disrespect the dead; they have gone through one of the most difficult tests of life, and I respect and revere them for that. Especially those who die under violent circumstances. It wasn't their time, and I respect them all the more that they accept their fate as is their due.

I never meant to offend. I admit I can be harsh at times, and I apologize, but my inital statement remains that non-religious persons such as myself and others do not want to hear of someone they do not necessarily believe in, in a forum that is an escape from the world primarily run by Catholics, who drag religion into everything, even where it doesn't belong.

I meant no disrespect Ommes and his/her beliefs. I lead a stressful life, surrounded by Christians who look down on me b/c of my beliefs.

Again, I apologize for any offense I may have caused.

GABRIEL05
Good man Lord Soth

rysdigital
take this shit elsewhere please. no offense.

in case you haven't noticed, this is a matrix movie forum.

FYI, i see no need to apologize for this.

clavis9495
me neither condolences can't we close this topic or take it elsewhere I think that might just be the right thing to do...
If you can explain why this topic is here I would be glad to hear but I don't see the reason for this so please take this somewhere else...
condolences anyway

Ömmes
Do you know something more important than life? The Matrix forum perhaps?

I didn't open this thread in order you teaching me this. I didn't expect any answers at all. Maybe something like "yes I saw it on the TV (because it was the first news on CNN, CNBC, and BBC), I am sorry".

I am new to this forum and I just wanted to share a very disturbing news, more disturbing in terms of its intentions than the number of casualties it created, just as it was done in the other forums I'm subscribed in.

Even though I knew well that it had nothing to do with the forum topic, I did not know that some youth is that much alienated as to feel obliged to express his/hers discomfort, or even offense to the most valuable thing anyone posesses. I am very upset by this, could hardly sleep last night.

You have no idea what The Matrix is trying to say to you, haven't you? Feel like connected to the Matrix? Why I wonder?

Yes, please close this topic, whoever is in charge. Don't need to carry it to some place.

rysdigital
laughing out loud bye. you are about as annoying as those jehova's witness people.

clavis9495

rysdigital
ya, that sucks. o well, let's just let this topic bleed to death.

i feel sorry that those people died, kind of anyway, but this just isn't the place for this stuff. thousands of others die far worse deaths daily, in fact, you wouldn't be able to make new threads fast enough, people would die faster than you can start new topics like these.

dave123
i agree, lets leave it

clavis9495
we are not alone funnyboy is with us! eek!

Vim
i agree with the fact that a Matrix movie forum is not the place to bring up deaths of peoples escpecially the ones you know and love. Keep that the general or off topc forums. Us matrix freaks here in the matrix movies forum want to discuss the MOVIES. Sure I feel bad when people die, but people die every minute of every day of every month of every year! But the Matrix Movies forums IS NOT the place to discuss it!

xeous
Have some compassion. I'm sure that if this form existed when 9/11 occured we would be the first to post it. My deepest condolances to your country and those who died in vain.

GABRIEL05
yEAH I like that Clavis that has class. COndolences as an after thought.

The Omega
While what happened in Turkey was quite terrible, THIS, a Matrix Movies forum is NOT the place to discuss this subject. I'm moving this to the general discussions forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.