Never Say Never Again - Crap or great?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Noola
Hmm?

yerssot
every movie has their ups and downs... DaD barely had any ups, but that's for another thread

'twas in the spirit of the time and other movies ok-ish

SpikeSpiegel
I didn't really think it was that good, it was just a remake of thunderball and Sean Connery was getting pretty old at the time.

yerssot
but Irvin Kershner directed it wink

Ahnold
NSNA had a great title {the way in which it riffed on one of Sean Connery's comments about "never" becoming bond again after DAF was great}. Too bad about the movie. Uninspired, hokey SFX {even by the standards of the day}, and possibly THE WORST HAIRPIECE SINCE WILLIAM SHATNER!

yerssot
there there, there are other wigs that are terrible too wink

saucybird007
I like eating burnt penguins, especially when they have got choco sprinkles on them! stick out tongue

saucybird007
^ dont ask messed

burlyman
roll eyes (sarcastic) people and their penguins these days

forumcrew
connery had been done beign bond for quite a wile.. he did an excellent in the job the only thign saving it from tanking.. but WB made this movie and it isnt even considered one of the official 20 "bond movies" it was ok.. but ill take the original Thunderball any day

Reborn Again
It wasn't half-bad despite it plainly ripping off Thunderball.

Ahnold
Errr... it's SUPPOSED to riff on it! It's a remake!!!

VenomVA
It sucks! Not even a Real bond movie cause WB did it and no MGM/UA.

I didn't like it. JMO big grin

muntox
it was average. not as good as Thunderball, but better than connery's previous & last official effort, diamonds are forever, and much better than Octopussy which was moore's contemporary official MGM offering, in cinemas at the same time way back in the early eighties. (you know what they say about the 80s: if you can remember them, you were there!)

eleveninches
Good, but not as good as it could have been.

Shaun Connery is still plating action roles now, so I wouldn't be over surprised if they let him make another bond as a one off again, or just let him have a cameo role or a supporting role in another bond movie (maybe as a retired mi6 agent)

Ahnold
Apparantly, he was going to play James Bond Sr. in DAD... which is probably crap of course since it was established in "Goldeneye" that Bond's parents are both dead after a climbing accident!

eleveninches
could have played his foster father/father figure in mi6

yerssot
they always say stuff like that, hoping sean wil return

Ahnold
And as a final "Bump", I present to you the first ever thread I made in this forum {using a sock, as you can see, but let's try and forget about that, eh?}

Hmmm - Sean {that's right, not "Shaun"} Connery in another Bond film? Bah! Too old I say! And too confusing too!

Oh, and about that earlier comment that "octopussy" is worse than "never say never again"? Get outta here!

yerssot
you'll get banned now eek!

and connery won't return to bond

Ahnold
They can't afford him anyway stick out tongue .

yerssot
he was gonna return in DaD though

Ahnold
So they say. I doubt whether the rumours were true ...

yerssot
I hope not, would be silly if the broccolis would cast him as dad

Ahnold
Especially since it's canon now that the parents died in a climbing accident {according to Alec in "GE"}.

yerssot
indeed... that's why it surprises me that the brocollis would look past that

Ahnold
Anything for a bit of dosh ...

yerssot
but they stand on their stripes on bond

Ahnold
Perhaps.

The Redeemer
"More back...but only more soooo, Ahnold...and still the same old A!!!"

yerssot
not perhaps, ahnold, they DO!

Ahnold
Perhaps stick out tongue .

yerssot
do or do not, there is no perhaps!

Mr Parker
Well other than the fact that they had connery who was old enough to be Kim Basingers grandfather in that movie,it was a good movie.

yerssot
that's what you get for being non-canonwink

Ahnold
But what about Roger Moore and Tanya Roberts {Stacey} from "AVTOK"? There's a whopping 28 year age difference between them ...

yerssot
as long as it's in babydoll it's ok wink

Ahnold
Huh? What does that mean?

yerssot
nothing at all

Ahnold
Um, okay ...

yerssot
cause I can't remember the movie it's in stick out tongue

The Redeemer
It's A MEMORY THING, eh? raver

yerssot
and as we know, I suck at it

Ahnold
Still confused as to what this means. Are you saing that this is a movie quote?

yerssot
no, a clothingline blink

Ahnold
{Realisation} Oh! NOW I get it! Sorry - I got a bit mixed up back there ...

I really should see "NSNA", erm, again. It deserves another look in, methinks ...

yerssot
but it's non canon! it's the dirth of the earth eek!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Noola
Hmm?

it was crap.should not have even bothered with this one.connery should have stayed away.

Darth Martin
Definitely crap.

Wanderer11
It is in the catergory of, so bad it's good.

Darth Martin
Nah, it's crap.

darthmaul1
It was crap and not even considered part of the franchise, and anyway it was just a rehash of thunderball

Mr Parker
yep.

Doc Blake
It was a terrible film and should not be mentioned in the same breath as the rest of the franchise.

HeavySet
If you watch it as a stand alone one off movie then it isn't bad. But once you start comparing it to the official Bond films it suffers badly.

queeq
But there's also Barbara Carrera.... roar

Blanket
It was a terrible film and a big mistake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.