Boycott The Return of the King?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gomeztrombone
Evening all wacko

Well, what with all the news about Christopher Lee boycotting the premiere, I do hear tell that the film will be boycotted by some other fan groups in the US. I don't know about anyone else (anyone else a really geeky purist? :aliensmile but I for one was a bit irritated by the inconsistencies in the Two Towers (Faramir being tempted? How is Jackson going to work that out? Legolas on a sliding shield? Hmmm :madsmile but buggering about with Saruman is right out - particularly filming it and then cutting it out - can't do that to the boy. smile

vvvrulz
Agreed, if i was him i would be peeved.

GABRIEL05
Well as long as he gets residuals why should he give a flying farquuat?

I'm sorry but even though TT the theatrical version was more whack than a pinata party, it's not enough to make me boycott ROTK. Now if ROTK is whack I'm so going postal on Peter Jackson

fini
hmmmm now boycotting a film cause someone part got cut out and changing some parts is WAY overboard..............i guess purist wont go........but PJ had to MAKE A MOVIE.........and they had to make it entertaining.

Yeah some changes were silly but..........as i have said again and again..........if you think you can do better..........then you should have done it before.

*sigh* i guess people really like to complain

Hypernova
That means he probably won't be going to NZ then, huh? Maybe just the London/Europe one... Have I mentioned that I can't wait for ROTK yet? big grin

fini
omg i dont beleive you have hypernova...............laughing out loud

Sifer
Guess none of you have watched Faramir's new scenes in TTT:EE.

Exa
No because here it will come out tomorrow

I just know that they show the relationship between Boromir and Faramir (and Denethor)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.