Haley Joel Osment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
Haley a 16 year old actor who is doing great things.Since he was a child he was acting in commercials Tom Hanks Bruce Willis and Kevin Spacey.From the kid that sees dead people in the sixth sense to a kid spending the summer with his eccentric uncles in Secondhand Lions starring Robert Duvall and Micheal Caine hes rising high.

If youve seen The Sixth Sense.A.I.,Forrest Gump,Pay It Forward,Ill Remember April,or Secondhand Lions then youve seen his amazing acting talent.

Post your thoughts on this actor if youve seen him.If you havent heard of him go see one of the movies ive just listed there all good movies.

LindsIsTightK
I'm kinda neutral on him. I don't hate him, but I don't like him either.

I will say that I absolutely despised his role in Artificial Intelligence.

Punker69
Thats cool but since he was a kid he was a good actor and he made it far you gotta give him credit for that.

fanatos
I am his biggest fan!
Though I've not seen "I'll Remember April", "Edges Of The Lord" and "Secondhand Lions" yet.
But I am dying to watch those movies and every other HJO movie that I've not seen. I'd give anything to watch them all, anything.

P.S.
I think he is 15. He'll be 16 on April 10th, 2004.

Neo_Version 7
16? The f00L looks like he's in 2nd grade. Seriously...he's alrite.

fanatos
That f00L has got your back! mad

In which movie have you seen him for last time?
In early movies he's a lil kid. But he is growing up you know. reading

cogger15
i think hes cute! embarrasment wink

Punker69
Secondhand Lions he looks 13 because they shot the movie probaly a year ago.Ive seen and interview of him now he looks 16 hes getting his Permit soon.

Kes
If those are the only movies that you've seen, with him, you are missing a lot! Did you know he played Murphy Borwn's son?! lol
You should see Bogus (1996), a tv movie called The lake (1998) (the movie is crap but he is amazing in it, made me memorise his name!)
And:
"Ally McBeal" (1997) in episode: "Angels and Blimps" (episode # 2.13) 8 February 1999
"Pretender, The" (1996) in episode: "Bloodlines: Part 2" (episode # 2.22) 23 May 1998
"Pretender, The" (1996) in episode: "Bloodlines: Part 1" (episode # 2.21) 16 May 1998
"Walker, Texas Ranger" (1993) in episode: "Lucas: Part 2" (episode # 6.4) 18 October 1997
"Walker, Texas Ranger" (1993) in episode: "Lucas: Part 1" (episode # 6.3) 11 October 1997

He is superb in Walker.

Punker69
Man I know all of his movies Ive been a fan for 2 years I was trying to name some popular movies so people would recognize him.

Kes
lol I think he did his best in The lake and Walker. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better then The sixth sense or any other. Acting wise of course.

Punker69
Hey I think his best movies where A.I awesome in that movie really acted like a robot he didnt blink the whole time in the movie.The Sixth Sense was also awesome he was tottaly believing and and scared like he was actually seeing dead people.Pay It Forward was good it had a good storyline difinetly one of the most powerful movies I saw in 01 he was good .He new how to cry on cue totally good acting all the way.

KidRock
i dont like him i think his movies are stupid

Punker69
They for people that appreciate drama.

fanatos
Yeah. His movies are not for bad asses!

Punker69
Yeah there movies that have a point and movies you could go to the theatres and not say you wasted your money.And hey fanatos
how do you put those pictures and sayings below you messages?

fanatos
Just like you do the avatars. Go to your profile manager > edit profile. There you can upload an image file (not biger then the given resolution and 30000 bytes). After uploading you'll get it's URL with BB codes. Then copy the code and URL, paste it in your signature box, add messages after the code if you like, save your profile and you're done.

Punker69
Im at upload sig image what do I type in?

SaTsuJiN
He's definately gifted as a child actor. However that usually comes to haunt people when they try to assume more adult like roles. It makes them hard to believe. I mean, lookit wynona ryder... e_e

I must say though, his performance in A.I. was flawless. I wanna see that movie pay it forward, I only caught the end.. -_- He does an excellent voice acting job in Kingdom Hearts (a playstation 2 game) as the voice of Sora.

Like I said though, as with most child actors, their career usually ends when it comes to play more adult roles. Lets hope this isnt the case with Haley smile

fanatos
Haley's not like other kid actors, we don't need to hope, we know!

Neo_Version 7
0h!!!! In that c@$e, let's worshIp the guy!!!!! I'll make the sanctuary if you guyz promise 2 get every movie or tv show he's been in s0 we can praise those 2!!!! Haley joel Osment is a god!!!

Preach!

fanatos
First you must prepare the image file for uploading, but make sure it satisfies the terms... i.e. not larger than 30000 bytes and the resolution (I don't remember).

Then you go to Profile > Edit Profile and you find signature > Upload Custom Signature Image, there you upload the image (browse your PC to find the file). Once you've uploaded the file, you get the picture viewed and the html code. You copy the code, go to your Edit Profile page and paste the code into the signature box.

Hope this helps. roll eyes (sarcastic)

fanatos
What the hell are you talking? mad
You don't have to post messages if you don't like Haley.

Punker69
Hes defintely not like other child actors hes been doing commercials since he was 4 and his dad was an actor and so is his sister she played on SpyKids 2.That doesnt really have to do with anything but he is a good actor and good kidactors just dont get forgotten.I think hes better than Culkin drama wise.He said hes gonna start doing teen comedies soon.

Punker69
I still dont get it nevermind.

Kes
I still think he is amazing in Walker and The lake. He was also younger wink
I think he's very good in the Sixth sence and he is the only good thing in A.I. thou wink
Definitely one, if not the best, child (not so young anymore but) actors around.

Punker69
yeah with a doubt

Punker69
I meant without a doubt. smile

Maelstrom
Haley is multi dimensional. You look at him and wonder what you are going to face in the moments that are about ot occur. A.I. was wicked. Seriously though a movie is great but i enjoy just seeing them usually, with no performance. I find the real aspect of both man and hero much more powerfull.

Punker69
I cant wait to see Haley in a teen comedy.

fanatos
I didn't know he has a sister. smile
Emily is pretty, she is very much like her elder bro.

Punker69
Yup .

Punker69
What is your fav?Mine is The Sixth Sense.

LindsIsTightK
The Sixth Sense is what really brought him to the top and that is what I remember him for so I chose that movie.

I liked him in Pay It Forward as well, but I didn't like the movie itself.

Punker69
Yeah Pay it Forward is my second fav HJO movie.

silver_tears
dont have one stick out tongue

Paola
I like Sixth Sense..... but I LOVE Forrest..... I don't know I just watch it over and over and never get sick of it.....

LindsIsTightK
Forrest Gump is one of the best movies ever! But Haley Joel Osment plays such a small part in that movie that it's not a good movie to judge him by.

Punker69
Yeah but we have to judge him for it he talked and we saw him in it and he was acting.

fanatos
All of them 4 sure!

Punker69
Hey they should make TSS 2 like about what happened to him after he started helping the dead people.

fanatos
Just watched SpyKids2 smile . She does not only look like Haley, she's got the same voice! big grin

Punker69
Yeah and his bunny teeth he had when he was a kid. smile

Kes
The sixth sense his my favourite movie from that list but I think his best performance is IMO in The lake.

Punker69
I think his best performance is in A.I.

fanatos
In A.I., when David was "drown" in the pool, didn't he break? I mean if he didn't break, then he was water resistant, if he was water resistant then he would have been also food resistant. Then why did he break when he ate the dinner?

Punker69
Good point i dunno tho. smile

fanatos
Where do you get info about Haley? smile

beaujay1
he looks kinda like a little kid, well he is still young, hes cute, nothin against him

fanatos
Does anybody know how to contact Haley. I know his fan mail address, but can't afford a mail. I need something like e-mail. And I need to talk to him so bad. Don't know why.

Caribbean_Chick
no sorry.. but out of the movies with him in them I have seen I liked his performance in Pay It Forward.. plus it was a great movie cool I think that even though he's older then me he's a cutie eek!

Punker69
fanatos theres no email addres for HJO known people just his fan mail addres.

Caribbean_Chick
that suckz thumb down

fanatos
I am sure there is. This is 21th century, man. Everybody has an e-mail address. But of course, the address is not known by many people, cuz it would be flooded by fan letters.

I wanna talk to him so bad. sad

P.S.
It would be gr8 to have his phone number big grin

Caribbean_Chick
shifty

fanatos
Hey, I've heard about Larry King interview with Haley Joel Osment, and I've read it. But never had a chnace to watch it.
Does anybody know where can I download the interview (in video file format). sad

fanatos
An audio file will do sad

fanatos
Hey, I just finally watched Secondhand Lions. It's one of the best movies if not the best, I've ever seen. And Haley, can't say nothing but he's always good. I let some tears, happy and sad. I truelly enjoyed the movie. smile

Caribbean_Chick
I'll have to watch it smile Happy Dance

crazy_c
La lee http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/sp_ike.gif

Caribbean_Chick
lolz i love that dude!!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/sp_ike.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/sp_ike.gif

Punker69
I know a place where you can watch a bunch of hjo interveiws I dont think Larry King is on there tho.

fanatos
Well. Gimme the link, will ya? big grin

fanatos
I am waiting for the link, Punker69. Would you give it?

Julie
only seen a few of his movies....he's alright

amity75
I like HJO but I can't help thinking that "Haley Joel Osment - My booze, drugs and sex shame" is just around the corner. (Lucky kid!)

fanatos
That doesn't matter at all!

ElvenQueen
The Sixth Sense it my favorite Haley movie...he was such a great actor in that movie. Thats one of the best movies of all time too. I also loved him in Second Hand Lions...that movie was very well done. I was so sick of seeing the same type of movie over and over and over again and than i saw Second Hand Lions. And it was DIFFERANT and it was GOOD!

I hate the movie AI however. Haley performed well in it. But It was just a sucky movie...

But ill always love Haley...hes just so cute and so talented!

fanatos
The strangest thing that happened to me big grin laughing :

Last night I saw a dream, in that dream I walked into a DVD shop and right in front of me I saw a movie DVD that I haven't watched, starring Haley Joel Osment. I bought it, at once! I came home and put it into my DVD player and started watching. smile I was excited, it was a movie that I had never watched or either heard of. eek!

I don't remember the title or most of the movie. All I can recall is that it was a thriller, a very good, a real scary thriller (even better then the 6th sense), Haley was at age he was in Pay It Forward. He was kinda lost in an underground world, I can remember broken mirrors, also there were some sort of monsters/spirits that looked like him and they were chasing him... Can't remember the end... But I can remember that he managed to escape and the exit/secret was hidden in the broken mirrors, somehow roll eyes (sarcastic) . Some kind of mystery, ha? big grin

I remember, the movie was great!

But just think, how? How it is possible one to watch a movie in his dreams? laughing A movie that doesn't exist. Turns out that I was making it right in my head, everything, starting with actor performances, camera moves and ending with visual effects! big grin

That was so cool, one of the best dreams I've ever seen! happy

Neo_Version 7
I sorta had the same dream with Britney Spears. It jus in mine, we were having sex.

fanatos
laughing In a movie? However. Sex fantasies, everybody's having them sometimes. laughing

Neo_Version 7
She is hot. Haley's not. smile

fanatos
You're got to be kiddin' me ! mad
If I see Haley in one of my dreams, you think it means I kinda... no, I am not gay! I like him but I am not in love with him, besides dreams are dreams, you see different people everytime, even people that you wouldn't like to see, or people ... what the f*ck I am sayin', you know exactly what I mean, so don't be silliy on this. wink

Neo_Version 7
h0ld the fon. y0u're a guy!!? I thought youse was chick.

Punker69
Im a guy I think haleys awesome.I meanyou cant control your dreams.I mean one time in my dream I was making out with HJO!

j/k j/k j/k j/k lol

fanatos
Today on January 25th is Haley's dad's birthday. He becomes 39 now. So let us say Happy Birthday to Mr.Osment, wish luck, happiness and many years of life, and thank for bringing to us Haley himself! smile He with his family have done a wonderful job raising Haley, making him such a great person.

claidisa_felton
i just saw the sixth sense for the first time a couple of days ago (dont kill me!!)
damn that boy can act. if it was any other actor it would'nt have been as chilling.
who is he in forrest gump by the way? i absolutely love that film but dont remember him.

Kes
He's Tom Hanks son. Really young.

Punker69
This dude awesome!
I wanna see the LAKE

Caribbean_Chick
I haven't seen AI or Second Hand Lions yet.. I really want to thoughyes Haley is a really talented actor.. and was awesome in The Sixth Sense

fanatos
Yeah, he's awesome! None of his movies would be the same without him. Especially The Sixth Sense and AI. smile

He was Forrest Gump Jr. in Forrest Gump. He was 6-7 years old in that movie.

He'll turn 16 in 7 days, on April 10!

Read an interesting and funny interview http://www.ugo.com/channels/dvd/features/secondhandlions/haleyjoelosment.asp !

fanatos
smile Today is also Mandy Moore's birthday!

IluvTheodorC
OMG!!!! Does n e 1 agree that Haley Joel Osment is like the HOTEST guy on the planet!!!!OMG!!!i luv his blonde hair and blue eyes!and of course i luv Theo Chester too!!!!!and his smile is soo cute!!! I luv the sixth sense!and secong hand lions!YAY! rolling on floor laughing laughing stick out tongue big grin smile love love love love

IluvTheodorC
Like this pic of him!

IluvTheodorC
ok i jus looked ay wut u said about him bein 6 or 7 in the sixth sense and frankly that is NOT true!!!(how can u call urslef a haly fan?)he was 9 in that movie!!!!!

IluvTheodorC
oops nvm sry bout that heheheh!blonde moment there!lolsry!

badkittykitty
I just watched A.I. again I really like this movie except the last half hour but haley was great in it!

IluvTheodorC
oh yes and he is still HOT as a robot!
He shall always b with us!i ono that was random!

badkittykitty
I don't think he's hot.I'm way to old for that...i just think he's a good actor especially for someone his age

Kes
He was 11 when the movie came out wink Dont know how old he was while they were filming thou. fanatos said he was 6-7 in Forrest Gump!
Good actor.

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
hes a total cutie

IluvTheodorC
I think hes HOT!!!!!smile(l)

IluvTheodorC
SEXY MAN!!!SEXY MAN!!!!hehehe!lol!

mikeysgothicgur
Haley Joel Osment, I think is the actor version of Billy Gilman which means I think he's an absolutely amazing actor, espically for his age and even when he was younger he was one of the best actors I've ever seen! The movie I loved seeing him in was A.I. It seems like no one liked that movie but, I loved it and I don't see why people hated it so much. In my oppinion it was a great film with a very intresting storyline to it. Also, I thought Haley was so good in it!

quiball
i'm sorry, his face is too baby cute to be hot. Otherwise i'm neutral toward him.
except that i heard somewhere that he was really rude about Daniel Radcliffe getting the HP part instead of him. Is that true or is it just a rumour?

Kes
Hmmm its more like boy.

fanatos
All I've heard about him doing something with HP is that he never wanted to play HP. he thinks that HP movies shouldn't have been made, that all the magic of the book has been ruined. wink

I love AI, and now I know why I feel so sad every time I watch AI.
A.I. is a total depression maker! confused Maybe that's why so many people hated it. Still it's a wonderful movie and HJO kicks butt in it.

IluvTheodorC
ya fatas is right about HP and the hole Daniel Radcliffe thing!well its daniel that got the prob with haley!see daniel like hates haley cuz of wut he said about the HP books becoming a movie! Haley doesnt care one way or the other about daniel! Yes and AI is really depressin, though i luv him in it!love heheh!
ps Kes ur right i should of said sexy boy!thas all for now!

Colabee
I voted for The Sixth Sense. Thought he was really sweet in that.

Stormy Day
The Sixth Sense is definetly my favorite movie of Haley Joel Osment because he was such a good actor in the film and it started something great for him.It goes down as one of my favorite movies of all time.He was good in A.I. and I really liked and respected the film.He was just excellent in Pay It Forward the whole storyline was good and original.SecondHanLions was alright but he could have made something better than that.Overall Haley is gonna last for a long time and I hope I see him in many more movies

fanatos
So it's true? Haley did want to play HP, but they picked Radcliffe because they wanted to have 100% british cast? wink
And that's why Haley dislikes the HP films, that's silly of him. I suppose Haley hates to lose, or he can't get along with the fact... laughing I didn't know he's like that. smile

IluvTheodorC
No he never wanted to play HP!!!!!!! It was Steven Spielberg who wanted haley to play HP!!!! Haley never said he wanted to!!!actually he said he didnt!!!!!!!

quiball
Spielberg? what does he have anything to do with HP?

Stormy Day
Probaly just talking to Haley on the set of A.I. *shrugs*.

IluvTheodorC
Spielberg was gonna be the director for HP! and he wanted haley to play HP!but JK Rowling wanted an all british cast even the director!or sumthin like that!

fanatos
Racists! But I don't think HP is a role for Haley. He deserves much better, I mean he is made for drama movies! smile

IluvTheodorC
YA ur right and he would look silly as HP cuz hes blonde!!!and it says in the book that harry has black hair!!!wuts up wit that?

fanatos
Jim Caviezel's eyes are blue, but in The Passion Of The Christ they are brown. wink Angelina Jolie's eyes are green, but Lara Croft's are brown. I mean they can colour his hair. But I absolutely agree with you! He'd look silly, and with the glasses... laughing

Remember the kid form Master & Commander? I'd say he would be a better Harry Potter than Radcliffe is wink.

IluvTheodorC
ya really!

hobbit_lover
hes cute!..but i don't LOVE him! he looks like my brother..when my brother was younger its kinda scary! but hes an awesome little actor loved pay it forward and The six sense! and Forest gump what a cutie eh!

Kes
blink
Jim Caviezel yes, they changed his eye color with special effects.
But Angie has her natural eye color throughout the movie. They just change color with the light and clothes. Definitely not brown.

Kes
Oh, he's a very good actor. But to ask an american kid to fake an accent throughout an entire movie?!Its to much work. They picked the right actor.

fanatos
Yeah they did. But, I don't think the accent is a problem for Haley, even I can imitate the British accent laughing (it's so much fun). Besides, he faked a polish accent in Edges Of The Lord smile .

Kes
There's always flaws. Every location has a different accent. Plus surronded by brits. He'd be spotted and bashed. Everyone would be like:"Couldnt they pick an english actor?!"
We all know how it goes.

IluvTheodorC
Well if he can fake a polish acsent and in AI have his eyes open without blinkin the hole time i think a british acsent would be a sintch!

Stormy Day
I dont think Haley shouldve played HP.He needs to play other roles like more dramas and teen comedies.HP would have just tied him down for years.

I thought Jim Caviezels eyes where blue in the Passion and who cares about Angela Jolies eyes her movies are horrible.

IluvTheodorC
ya ur right!

Kes
No, they are a bright brown.
Angelina Jolie is the best young actress around.

I think its easier to fake an accent from another language then it is from your own.
And the blinking thing is easy. Takes lots of attention from the script-girl. But most directors cut when the actors blink. They dont shot in sequence you know?!wink

Regardless a think Daniel fits the part. He's a good actor too.

IluvTheodorC
ya.... daniel does really soot the part but wut do u mean by "Takes a lot of attention away from the scprit-girl"?

Kes
I meant the script-girl has to pay a lot of attention. To make sure he didnt blink. I guess so does he. Its like....I cant blink. I cant blink LOL

IluvTheodorC
oh ok i get it! ya!

Stormy Day
pfff

Dakota Fanning is the best YOUNG actress around.Angelina Jolie is 29 and nowhere nere one of the best actresses around right now.

Stormy Day

Kes
Why did you quote yourself?!blink
Kid is good, I'll give you that. But its just a child, she must go through the transition. From child actor, to teen actor (this part is a *****) and adult.
But yes, back to Haley.

Stormy Day
Haleys A good actor hes going places.I dont really see how he screw his career up.

IluvTheodorC
I just saw the HOTEST pics of haley!!!!!!!!!

Stormy Day
which one ?

IluvTheodorC
actually theres more then 1 but there pis from his interview in Japan for Secondhand Lions~!

Stormy Day
post em

IluvTheodorC
does n e one here think its possible to fall inluv wen ur 13?

Stormy Day
sure im th13teen and ive fallen in love before.But then I found out that the girl was a skank and date my friend and his little bro eek!

fanatos
I did fall in love when I was 8, so anything is posible! big grin

IluvTheodorC
wow!

Stormy Day
eek!

fanatos
Yeah, It was love from the first sight, and mutual! smile But life separated us, and I've never fallen in love again sad !

IluvTheodorC
sad sad! sad

Stormy Day
aaaawwww

IluvTheodorC
how did u 2 get seporated?

fanatos
Well. We live in different countries now. I haven't heard of her for ages, we don't have any contact. I wonder if she remembers me...

Stormy Day
you should call her even though she probaly has a b/f

fanatos
Don't have a phone number! sad

Kes
Topic ppl!

Stormy Day
Topic ppl! stick out tongue im a mockingbird

IluvTheodorC
well wut r we gonna talk about?Haley hasnt done n e thing new and theres nothin new iv heard of thats coming,so theres really nothin about haley to talk about!

fanatos
Right. He just can't pick a script that he likes. His latest work (according to imdb) is Kingdom Hearts 2 VG, for PS2 platform. Has anybody played it? Pity I don't have the console sad .

IluvTheodorC
me either i wish i did though!plus he needs to do sumthing that we can he his HOT face~!lol

Stormy Day
I rented it one time nad I hardly played it Its was kind of boring in my opinion.

IluvTheodorC
I dont want to play it for the game!(i know thats gonna be dull and boring!)i jus wanna hear haleys voice!heheheh!lol big grin embarrasment

fanatos
Wow. There is a Kingdom Hearts 2 discussion here @ KM smile .

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17487&highlight=kingdom+hearts

Stormy Day
not a big suprise smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>