So ... how deep the rabbit hole went?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Osiris
What u all got from the MMs?

xemir
Neos the savior of the human race. Everything begins and ends with choice.

GABRIEL05
Open your mind. Everything begins with opening your mind and understanding what choice really is.

EyeMakeMovies
the movie goes as deep as you want it. for me, its really ****ing deep, and everything makes sense.

mors823
How deep is deep? For me, deep is deep than the Marina Trench and that's pretty deep. I would tell more, but it's late, so I'll tell more tommorrow, around 3,4 pm

The One Himself
The Matrix has you...More than you think...

Lag
When you free your mind you open it to all possibilities and pure potentiality. This is where infinite creativity is found, on the field of your true Self. If you can find this field and plant the seed of intention and desire, but at the same time detatch yourself from the desire then anything is possible. Get past ego and get to self and you will stop living in fear of what everybody thinks and you will be able to make choices based on the heart and not on what everybody will think if you make a curtain choice. Then you will be a freed mind.

I didn't get all of this from the Matrix, but the Matrix was a good starting point.

Lord Soth
You guys pretty much stated my opinion to a T; Open Your Mind

JKozzy
It goes damn deep for me, it's one of the most undescribably awesome storylines and also at the same time incredibly philosophical beyond any doubt... it stands up there with Star Wars and LOTR in the finest trilogies ever conceived.

MC Mike
yes Cha-Ching. There it is^

JKozzy
And when I say Star Wars, I mean *the original trilogy, 4, 5, and 6*, not TPM and ATOC and whatever the third one is....

MC Mike
TPM was a disaser... sad II brought my hopes up... but who knows about three...?

JKozzy
You can say that Lucas had better make it good, or he won't live past 66.... wink

Osiris
The power of belief

mook
both episode 1+2 were a disaster.
there were flashes of genuis - darth maul+end of ep1, yoda fight.
but they both look like cartoons (ep2 especially) and certain scenes+ charcters were crap like jarjar, most of ep2, the fetts.

4-6 are good tho.

DARKVIRUS
You are comparing the MM's to such fine films are the lotr and ep. 4,5,6.....c'mon now dont insult great film making. I thought it was just me at first but, it's official now M:revolutions is a box office failure compared to the other matirx movies. You can keep the wool pulled over your eyes as long as you want but, for it being the third part in a "fantastic" trilogy is should have stayed at the top for alot longer than it did. Look at the top box office for this week.....Elf is number one....ELF!....hehehe!.

When ROTK comes out it will rule the box office for weeks becuase that will be a true masterpiece not just a gateway to some online game and a means to make more money.

mailedbypostman
Fine.M1 and M2 are up there then.*Points to the sky*

mors823
In the Matrix, we learned to question reality. Now, I don't mean believe that this world is fake and robots are ruling the world, but don't taking everything at surface level. Take the time to analyze things, learn both sides of an issue. The famous line "free your mind" doesn't mean that you can both buildings and dodge bullets. This goes along with my first idea. If you free and open your mind, you're more willing to question the world.

mailedbypostman
Yeah.Like if you got something like a message that there were terrorists in your house,you might actually think intelligently.Also the matrix helped us learn to think fast.

The Omega
"Free your mind."
Because only with a free mind can you see ALL the possibilities, and all the different choices you can make.

Lag
Thank you Omega

dragonpisces272
we are all living in a type of matrix...the movie just emphasizes the features and characteristics; such as the "slaved ones" and the "freed ones". In reality, we do have those types of people, just wake up and smell the coded flowers laughing out loud

((The_Anomaly))
the matrix trilogy is better then LOTR, i mean honestly LOTR is good but its not THE MATRIX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Osiris
i think it went 4 miles deep mad isnt it? smile

The Omega

Sifer
I was gonna come into this thread and say the exact thing Omega put (well we should thank Morpheus really big grin)

"I know what you're trying to do?"
"I'm trying to free your mind"

Osiris
Omega>
Sifer>

ahhhhh....this stupid BES always makes me...
now i m with SI

so its 4 "kilometers"

mors823
How deep?
Deep
Check out the license plates. That'll drive u crazy.

Osiris
we are getting off-topic messed

Mistique
Yes, all our choices in life have already been made, that machines rule the world and that someday, and oracle is gonna bake some mighty fine cookies....

Mistique
Thats just about it smile

mors823
The reason I said this was that there are a lot of hidden details in the movie. Nearly everything, (names, numbers) have a purpose and it's our job to figure it out. Now, these details dont' need to be discussed here, there';s other threads for that. Don't want to get off-topic.

JediHDM
look at the graffiti on the walls, the license plates, the names, the locations, the numbers, even the books on the shelves are specifically placed to add to the depth of the movie

mors823
i'm just wondering, does anybody think that we are over-analysizing the Matrix? There are surely hidden things, but maybe somethings have no meaning. Just a thought, for I believe everything has a purpose or why would it be there.

Lord Soth
The rabbit hole is as deep as you want it to be, it's all about personal perception

Osiris
I dont think so. Its not relative.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.