Morpheus psychic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MickeyMousse
Another question popped up in my head. Nowhere in the 3 movies is explained how Morpheus found Neo. How did Morpheus know that Neo was the One? The Oracle told Morpheus he would find the One, but how did he do that? There are so many people logged in, what was the key to suspect Neo tot be the One person they were searching for?

Furthermore, in M1 when Neo and Trinity first meet, she said that she knew what Neo was looking for, and he answers "Morpheus". Neo knows at that time nothing about him, than how is it possible that he IS in fact looking for him?

xeous
He's looking for an answer, not a person. The person gives him the answer.

Also, how does Neo find the right door to go to the architect in Reloaded? The keymaker just says, you'll know which one...In a room full of hundreds of doors, he finds the right one with the first try, it's probably the same concept.

dave123
maybe neo signed up to a forum and asked if anyone was called morpheus? who knows

66tom99
if you look at the Searching... computer screen the first time we see Thomas Anderson you can see that he's searching for unexplained things, and there's a pic of Morpheus.
He suspects something is up, and he knows morpheus has something to do with it.

Morpheus is in turn looking for people like neo, i.e. super hackers want to know what the matrix is.

Also, I bet he just says to all the guys-"I believe you are the one", cypher thought he might be it when he thought he was in love with trin.

finally, the name 'neo' being a not too hard anagram, might have given him a further clue..

burlyman
morpheus had actually found other people that ended up not being the one (5 orignally, of whom cypher is one?)

mook
i dont think thats right.
the architect counts from one anomaly to the next which is much longer than morpheus' lifetime.

The Unknown
Mook, according to "deleted dialogue", Morpheus had already thought he'd found 5 other "ones", but they were killed by agents.

mailedbypostman
really?

The Omega

JediHDM
FINALLY, someone with sense (im talking about Omega, for those of you lost)

mindbugaling
i dont get why people have to have things explained to them exactly to the point, i might understand big plot hole-like questions but things like this dont even matter... use your imagination!!

Angelsolovely
I agree with Omega also, in the M1 Morpheus tells Neo that he has spent his whole life looking for him. U know how many people he would have had to go through in the time the oricale told him he would find the one, if he didn't have some kind of thought out plan, alot, I doubt he had that much time. I suspect he kept his eye on the hacker population or the black hat hacker population or the super hackers for that matter.

mindbugaling
i dont get why the one had to be a good hacker...explain

JediHDM
The ONE has the ability to change his world as he sees fit. all, or most, of the people that are freed are hackers, so, it would make sense that the BEST among them would be more gifted.

MickeyMousse
I don't see why he has to be a hacker who breaks rules. So I'm sorry, I don't buy that shit about "find out who the greatest hacker is and he is the One". It makes noe sense. Why isn't the One some great sporter who goes faster (or throws harder, or anithing) than his own ability's?

P.S. Mindbugaling, why are you so currious about this question if you think that this question doesn't even matter?

mook
the original matrix takes place over exactly seven months according to the dates on the trace programs at the start and end of the film.

mook
mickey mousse- "Why isn't the One some great sporter who goes faster (or throws harder, or anithing) than his own ability's?"

there is a charcter like that in one of the animatrix stories.

clavis9495
well he can be a wuss in the reall world as long as he has the capeability to bend rules with his mind... and erm... I mean like hello duh whatever neo has to be a hacker coz that is what he does in the matrix aswell and some bookgeek wont have the ability to think like a machine does and neo has some experience with that....

mook
yeah exactly - reality is in fact a program, 'the matrix', so the one is likely to be someone with hacker-esque knowledge.

MickeyMousse
Clavis 9495, You made it for me clear why this "hacking-thing" is so important in your eyes. Okay, I saw it different. I thought the link to the One was about bending rules and I didn't care if it was about sporting (for instance) or hacking.
But indeed, he is offcourse bending/breaking machine-rules as a hacker. Therefor the One must be an hacker cause he has experience with that. Okay, it's clear.

But still, I think it is a very big coincidence that he found Neo just at the right time out of 1000's hackers, don't you think? Or did he had help...

xeous
How many people in the world are hackers? What are the chances of one out of those people to be the one? I don't think that the one HAS to be a hacker, he's just a code, it could be anyone.

mook
he was looking for neo.
neo was looking for him (start of M1), which helps
and neo wasnt the first person he'd found.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.