ghosts,werewolves,vampires...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
is this correct?

Persephone is a type of vampire - feeding off emotion (hence her obsession with kissing Neo)

her guard that she shoots with silver bullets are types of werewolves

the twins are types of ghosts.

JediHDM
yes, yes, no
the twins make people think of ghosts, but if i remember correctly, they are vamps as well, no?

Korri
i am a vampire!!

embarrasment sorry

mook
i dunno.

(i think) in M2 when neo talks to oracle she talks about programs who dont behave like they should - and this explains why normal people in the matrix see things like angels,ghosts etc.

then the characters illustrate this

Persephone is a type of vampire
her guard that she shoots with silver bullets are types of werewolves

therefore the twins dont behave like they should and so are 'types' of ghosts. (not living people who died - that is our perception of ghosts. but what ghosts really are - programs doing stuff they shouldnt)

PS i though it was a nice touch in M2 when the 'werewolves' are watching some sort of horror film - anyone know what film that was?

clavis9495
dracuuuuuuullllllaaaaaaa

mook
the film was dracula?

ties in nicely with Persephone then.

(plus Monica Bellucci kisses Keanu in Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) where she was one of Dracula's brides.Did I mention that she appears there topless...? from moviemistakes.com)

Korri
miffed yes we know

mook
just passing on info. smile

ps whats the deal with all the graphics+signatures?
kind of hard to see what people are writing.

Korri
sad i love my signature dearly

clavis9495
I like it too Korrs It's just someone that hasn't entered the real world yet wink

mook
"i know what youre trying to do"

clavis9495
L laughing out loud L the choice is yours mr mookie boy

Korri
sad

clavis9495
why u sad korri worri doodle doo?

Korri
i feel like eeyore

mook
korri, why dont u like Monica Bellucci+carrie ann moss (from ur profile info)

Korri
coz they suck

do u think i would make a good vampire?

mook
youd have to suck to be a good vampire!

(ps saying they suck is just another way of saying you dont like them - why dont u like them? smile )

Korri
coz they r on my turf

Agent Phillips
She regards any woman who gets within about a mile of Keanu as an enemy

mook
cos you fancy keanu!?

fair enough, i think monica is stunning (especially in reloaded when you can see thru her dress - no underwear)

Korri
u havent realised that yet? blink

mors823
Happy Dance50th Post 50th Post 50th Post 50th Post 50th Post Happy Dance

Enough! We all know Korri wants Reeve's and hates everyone that goes near him.
Back on topic, from ETM and Reloaded, we know that the Merv keeps obsolete programs around.In ETM, the only way to kill the vamps and werewolves is to use the wooded stake in the Chateau level.

Happy Dance50th Post 50th Post 50th Post 50th Post 50th Post Happy Dance

The Unknown
Cain and Abel are Dobermen, which are lycanthrope-like (werewolf) programs.

mailedbypostman
Whats the merv then?Seems to be like-
*Merv comes in and shoots him*
"Noone shall learn my secret!"

The Omega

mailedbypostman
And why they were exiled. wink

Hegemon875
Obviously a first time member of any forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mailedbypostman
When you see a post like mine,try looking up. big grin

Hegemon875
confused

mindbugaling
te twins have big fangs no?

The Unknown
He's either a rogue program, or a program designed to control the exiles.

The Omega
Mailedbypostman> We already know that. They either "broke down", or were replaced by upgraded programs. Happens even on our own computers.

I mean, look at the Merovingian. He's almost like the Windows Trashcan with an AI. When I delete a program it doesn't vanish, instead it's tranferred to the trashcan, and if I don't empty that, the program just lives "There".

Korri
Omega> i was going to say i liked your avatar...then i so your signature and was all depressed...but s'good!!

mook
yeah thats what i said earlier - "in M2 when neo talks to oracle she talks about programs who dont behave like they should - and this explains why normal people in the matrix see things like angels,ghosts etc."

its quite a cool concept tho.

clavis9495
erm people help me out I don't know what the mero is exactly I want to know,....

He is not a previous one and that is what I thought for a while

The Omega

mook
didnt know thats what they were called - another religion reference - very nice.

Korri
i cant help it!! *still hate Persephone though*

BackFire
God I hate vampires.

Korri
me too.....but only if there name begins with P and ends in E

BackFire
They are just terrible creatures, so boring and lame. Running around looking homo-erotic while sucking necks of other men, OoOoOo scary.

Korri
in that case i want to be a vampire angel

Seraph77
I wouldn't make fun of vampires, the whole design of every character in the matrix movies is designed around vampires, down to the shades and trenchcoats.

And about merv he has the ability to write and change programs, even delete them. He wrote the cake, he created the ghost twins and the vampires and the wearwolves. He deleted the oracle's shell and i'm sure he can delete any of the program's shell that he controls, or change them if he wants. He's a program "hacking" other programs. It's very simple and obvious, can't believe people didn't catch that the first time through.

BackFire
I could care less if the matrix characters were designed with vampires in mind, vampires are still crappy, annoying, totally unscary creatures.

Some of the worst movies of all time have been associated with vampires (Queen of the Damned, Underworld), they should be wiped from existance.

Seraph77
Interview with the vampire, one of the greatest movies of all time. There are bad ones and there are good ones, just like bad action movies, and good action movies like the matrix. Just have to find the right ones.

mailedbypostman
Notice how some things seem cool 10 years ago, but are kiddy now?
Like superman and vamps and stuff.*Shudders at the thought of the matrix being ridiculed 20 years from now*

Seraph77
I disagree, classics are always looked at as classics, and always will be. That's why they are "classics", immortalized and always apreciated for their time. That is why when comparing the first matrix to the latter 2 it doesn't look as flashy, yet is still the better of the 3 pictures. Or like the original 3 starwars, and how much far superior they are to the new ones. Classics will always be the best, and never lose their fad. New technology doesn't decide what a better movie is.

The best movies ever made came out before computer graphics were used in films, in fact ever since computer graphics have been in use films have taken a creative dive, people just aren't believing the realism of computers. Filmmakers have gotten lazy.

The only respectable filmmakers are the ones that use computers to their fullest, like The brothers for the matrix films, or LOTR. And some other films like titanic or shrek. Obviously there's more but i'm jsut giving an example

mors823
Barefire> As a little tidbit, today's vampires are nothing like the orginal myth of vamps. The orginal vamps were dead and weak. There's more, but it doesn't belong here.

BackFire
Um, I'm well aware of the vampires of old, I am the horror expert after all, I've seen many vampire movies, both new and old, and I find very few of them interesting in any way. In fact, most of them are just laughable and way to frail for my tastes. Plus the fact that most Goths love vampires makes me hate them even more.

Seraph77
I wouldn't say you are the "horror expert" because you sound like you don't even know what you are talking about. Try reading Ann Rice, very good vampire books. Watching movies doesn't give you any position to claim knowledge on horror.

Vampires are the coolest creatures in the world of horror, so I dunno where you get your ideas from. The look and world of the matrix revolves around them.

BackFire
Just another negative aspect about them.

Vampires are actually the worst creatures in the world of horror, they are the least scary. They tend to look very homoerotic anf frail, giving them a kind of humorous look, since we are for some reason supposed to fear them.

The only cool vampires were in From Dusk till Dawn, they were actually scary....something that is unheard of in horror movies.

Ann Rice....she is partly responsible for the crappiness of recent vampires, and were it not for her book, the giant crap smere known as queen of the damned would cease to exist, which would make the world a better place.

Also, how does my disliking vampires show that I "don't know anything", chances are I could talk circles aroudn you when it comes to horror movies.

The Unknown
I thought Underworld was pretty good. The test audience loved it so much that they signed on for a sequel before it was even released in theaters.

BackFire
That movie was just awful

The Unknown
What didn't you like about it, and please don't reply "the whole thing".

BackFire
Well, for one thing there was not enough action...I'm not usually one to crave action, but when the story is as weak as it was in Underworld, action is a neccessity to make the movie enjoyable.

Basically I found it really really boring, along with cheezy matrix ripoff effects. Also their weren't enough scene dealing witht eh werewolves.

Plus, I didn't like how the vampires always used guns, kinda showed them as weak creatures.

The Unknown
Compared to the lycanthropes, they are weak.

mors823
They did fight, hand ot hand. Remember, they are not really vampires, they are rogue programs that tale on the form of vampires and werewolves.

BackFire
We're talking about Underworld...

mors823
Uh, sorry. Didn't know. Never saw it. My point still remains

BackFire
no...it doesn't...

mors823
They're program that *LOOK* like vampire and werewolves, but they are really those things. They don't exist in a virtual world unless something went wrong, or they were programed in, which they weren't

The Omega

mors823
Omega! Our savior! Save us from Birefire's trashing of the Matrix.

Ps, check out the Architect in matrix 1 threads. They need closing, in my opinion

BackFire
Hmm... I don't see any bashing of the Matrix from me here, simply bashing of bad vampire movies.

Now if you want to discuss from dusk till dawn, I'm fine by that.

Dusk till dawn is probably one of the better vampire movies in existance, sure it's story may be questionable, however, what it lacks in logical and linear story, it makes up with damn awesome vampires that kick hardcore ass and are actually scary. It's the only vampire movie since interview with the vampire that actually entertained me.

This is due to the fact that the vampires were not gay and feminine, they were cool half bat, half human creatures. Not only that, but it had some damn fine gore in it, never went to far, but never left you wanting more.

I always liked how the story was kinda split in two, it made it feel less like a cheezy horror movie, and more like a "real" movie. We actually got decent charater development because like you said, the first half of the movie is a drama/action type movie. So when the movie turns into a horror movie, and characters start dying, I actually care.

Plus, it had hot naked chicks dancing around for a while, which is always a plus.

mailedbypostman
*Posts dot* big grin

The Unknown
And today a lot has been changed from the original vampires. Like vamps being allergic to garlic was originated because people would wear garlic when opening the graves to get rid of the odor. And stakes were used to keep them from getting out of their graves.

Korri
pardom my ignorance but....huh? blink

mook
i love dusk till dawn - it shouldnt be a bad thing that it mixes genres.
i think its a good thing that youre not expecting vampires to attack.

Korri
i aint seen that film

mook
i recommend it smile

Korri
ok smile ill check it out

The Omega
If you ladies and gentlemen want to DISCUSS from Dusk til Dawn that won't happen here. Take it to the Movies Discussion forum.

Korri
sad sorry

mook
ok - are there any other Vamp/Ghost/Werewolf references in any of the films except the obvious bit in Reloaded?

BackFire
I guess the fact that most characters are pale white, homoerotic and wear sunglasses at all times is a small reference to vampires.

The Omega
Mook> I don't think so, no.

Backfire> What IS your obsession with homoerotic? Is all you can do copying and pasting your previous posts?

BackFire
Because that's the best word possible to describe the way vampires are, other then 'just plain lousy'.

Korri
blink your weird..

The Omega
Backfire> I do think Link, Niobe, the Oracle, Tank, Dozer and Morpheus would object to being called pale... Or are you discussing something else than the Matrix right now?

BackFire
My last post was reffering to vampires in general.

The pale statement was more or less aimed at teh white people in the movie, obviously.

The Omega

BackFire
I was obviously talking about the caucasians.

The black people in teh films obviously aren't pale, but they still hold the other attributes I mentioned that are usually associated with vampires.

The Omega
Councillor Hamann? The Merovingian? The Kid? Captain Roland? The Architect? They're white all-right.
But homoerotic and with sunglasses?
laughing

Korri
lol

i found out just the other day that i was a vampire blink

BackFire
I'd certainly say that the kid and the architect are pretty gay.

Noola
Huh? Why would you say that?! The kid maybe - but THE ARCHITECT? confused laughing

Verity
All I know is, Monica Belucci has some fixation with being a vampire!.She's been one b4, and lickin' on Keanu! She sux! stick out tongue

The Omega

Sifer
That and the fact we have people running on the ceiling in Revolutions big grin

BackFire
Yeah, your right, I guess I was wrong when I compared vampires and the matrix characters by saying they were white and homoerotic, the only real comparison they have is that they are all unimaginative and boring characters, like vampires.

Korri
devil

The Omega

Korri
yeah y do u spend half your time talking about something you hate

oh wait..

BackFire
I liked the original because it had some damn fine action scenes, and it wasn't filled with that metaphorical bullshit that plagued the other two, it was just fun to sit back and watch.

Also Revolutions also has some fine action scenes without relying too much ot the "message" of the movie.

The Unknown
Here's something that I noticed, I don't know if it's been mentioned before.

In the Bible, Cain kills Abel. In the Matrix, Cain survives, but Abel is killed. Cain is given a mark on his hand by God so that no one will kill him. In the Matrix, Cain is a doberman, which mythologically is a lycanthrope. Lycanthropes have a symbol on their hand showing that they're lycanthropes.

mook
nice reference, do they have marks in the films?

Ushgarak
Oh gee... that is most DEFINITELY over-analysis. They were just 'cool' names.

mook
but surely this board has shown that the W.bros dont just pick nice names - they all have meanings etc

Ushgarak
No, most of these so called 'meanings' have had nothing to them. SOME do but most don't. Apoc is just a name, Switch is just a name, frankly, no matter what people say, Trinity and Persephone are just names, Morpheus only has the most tenuous of links to actually embodying anything mythological, and Cain and Abel are just, again, mythological names.

mook
Character: Morpheus
Connection: Morpheus was the name Greek God of dreams.
Why?: The theme of dreaming was used throughout the first film.

Ship: Nebuchadnezzar
Connection: King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon from the Bible.
Why?: The theme of dreaming was used throughout the first film, and King Nebuchadnezzar had bizarre dreams of the fall of his kingdom. King Neb was quoted by Morpheus in Reloaded: "I once had a dream, and now that dream is gone from me."

APOC - in the original script for Matrix, Neo recognizes him as the hacker who wrote the "Four Horsemen" virus. I can only assume then, that APOC is short for APOCALYPSE

Korri
OK WE GET THE PICTURE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.