whats the deal with Modified cars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Korri
i cant stand them!!! they r just so stupid!! ARRRRRG!!!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
same here.

Korri
i wanna crush them and set fire to them and.... embarrasment

burlyman
smile haha

forumcrew
why do you have such a problem with modified cars? its a hobby for a lot of people the same as video games are for others.. and for a lot of people they have practical purpose

Complicated
FC's right - it's a hobby just like any other. There is, of course, a huge difference between those that modify their cars and those who decide to drive around like assholes on the street. I've spent three years building and repairing DSMs, and I feel that I'm a better person for it. Sure, I've lost thousands of dollars on aftermarket parts that hold their resale value about as well as an Olsen Twins movie, but I've learned a great deal about technical matters in general, and about not allowing myself to be intimidated by things that I don't yet understand. It's not an experience to be completely written off just because of the conduct of most of the participants.

vvvrulz
Here in nz, the number of prats speeding in done up cars is ridiculous. Hence i pretty much hate em too.

Fire
just a hobby for most, but some act like real jerks

Korri
thats exactly my point!!

forumcrew
but people with normal cars act like real jerks too..

complicated> I have a 97 eclipse gsx go DSM!

Captain Wacky
Theres no excuse for this. mad

Complicated
See, the whole problem is that they don't go. stick out tongue laughing out loud

forumcrew
ur right there isnt

and my dsm goes quite well

Complicated
Oh, I don't mean that they aren't rather quick in stock form and capable of a hell of a lot more - rather that - well - they don't move that fast with snapped rear halfshafts, worn-out synchros, crankshafts that move in three directions, slipping clutches, extremely weak FPRs, too-small MASs which, by necessity, are placed at the beginning of a charged intake, rubber charge pipes...

I think that above all else, I hate the brass synchros. With the cars getting as old as they are, especially with the 225mm clutches for a car with 203/214 ft/lbs tq from the factory, it's getting really hard to find one that hasn't had GL5 fluid in it at one point or another, and I'm damn tired of tranny swaps and rebuilds.

That being said, my personal record for an AWD tranny removal/install is 2:45 for a basically stock 92 Laser AWD w/ ABS, using only hand tools and without a tranny jack. big grin That's out and back in, not counting the three minutes it took for me to replace the clutch fork pivot (the reason for the drop) or the ~15 minutes it took to refill the tranny. I'm rather proud of that.

forumcrew
damn nice work

Complicated
Thanks. smile The key is using a 17mm gear wrench for the tranny mount-to-tranny bolts, and being able to comfortably bench and move around that awkward 135lb tranny.

holdenhsvgtsr
i have to agree some modified cars dont look good like this

http://www.strathycruise.com/cruise/03-09-21/cruise-02.jpg

but then theres my mate marcos's car whick looks great

Baylin
Some cars look great when dolled up with all the body kits and paint jobs. Unfortunatly some people dont have a sense of taste, go over the top or just do a very bad job and end up making the car look stupid and they look a prat when revvin about in them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.