One Evil Deed Leads to Another...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I've just read this article at prequel-spoliers.com and I am just literally amazed. But I most warn you, this is full of spoilers.

Tai-Zec Lyu of StarWars Union gave me the heads up on their exclusive!.... And trust me here, folks, it is 99% true. Tood sent me this info a while back, but I was told to sit on it. Well, I can verify that it's the real deal.

Basically, they say that Anakin finds his mother being beaten to death by Sandpeople... She dies in his arms... Okay, we knew that, but here's what happens next: He meditates beside her dead body all night...

"As the Twin Suns of Tatooine rise, he comes out of meditation. The sunlight reveals to him a few Tusken mothers playing with their children in the distance. We witness Anakin walking towards them and as he approaches them, he ignites his lightsaber...."
One important thing, however:
The article says that Shmi is beaten to death by Tusken Raiders, although it is seen at a distance. This is half-true. My spy, Tood, tells me that they are NOT Tusken Raiders...."though it will indeed look like them!"...

Interesting....Could the look a like Tusken Raiders be Jedi?

Darth Daft
Hmmmm.....There was something a while back about us seeing Tusken Raider families. It's very possible that we'll be seeing a lot more of the Raiders in this film then in any of the others.

Boshuda
Wow!! The scene you've described sounds amazing and really plausible! I had it up there on the silver screen in my minds eye. (In full THX sound of course)

Dim
I like how this is shaping up...it sound like GL is going to give us some good emotionally wrenching scenes

Ratcat
This will be cool, oh please let it not be BS.

Darth Daft
I think I'm the only person who doesn't like this idea.

Oh please let it be BS

Dim
Why don't you like it DD?

Darth Dredian
I'm not sure, I just don't want the Tusken Raiders to be responsible for Shmi's death. I'd rather it be an actual character who kills her off or at least something far more important than a clan of Raiders.

Darth Daft
Sorry, that was me above. Darth Dredian is a name I use on another ezboard forum, but I accidently used it here.

the Whill
That's been posted on my forums as well and although I like it the story has major holes in it.

Why would Shmi be in the middle of the desert on her own?
Why would the Tusken Raiders be attacking her? They attacked Luke because the wanted to raid his speeder bike but what did Shmi have that was so valuable? Don't you think it's funny that the Tusken family appear just a little bit away from where they just killed Shmi?

Credit to KJ as this is his post but I got here first.

Ratcat
As seen in TPM, the Tuskens have a tendancy to attack anyone whopm they feel is invading their space. Tuskens would not run after killing someone, IMHO, especially as they probaly aren't aware that someone has discovered what happened. As Anakin kills the sand people, there is no reason for the families to move on.

As to why Shmi is in the desert, I don't think it is fair to call it a plot hole. We have had no visibilty of any official storylines. George Lucas may well have an excellent reason for her being out there.

theEviljedi
But the article says they LOOK like Sand People but are NOT...they could actually be main characters Daft{Perhaps Jedi}.

Darth Daft
Ok, I see, but I'm still not satisfied with the idea of Shmi being killed in that way.

*Groan*...like we always say, "I guess we'll just have to wait until the film is released."

Dim
Give it chance DD...it'll all turn out.

Boshuda
Maybe the attackers are Mandalorian warriors...I heard that rumor ages ago..that Tatooine is overrun or something..sounds pretty far fetched with the snippets we know ,but we have all been wrong before

Anyway I don't buy the jedi bit..why would they kill Shme??
Unless they were evil,but wouldn't that make Anakin more resolved to becoming a true Jedi?
Or maybe its the catalyst that sends him to the dark side?

What do you guys think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.