Potter Parody Planned - The word INSULT springs to mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IBTonks
Horror films have been royally dragged through the mud in the name of satirical 'humour' thanks to the Scary Movie films and now old Harry Potter is set to be ridiculed in a similar fashion. Henry Bates and the Sorceror's Balls will parody young Harry along with another rather well known franchise, The Lord of the Rings

"Our good wizard is Gandolfini, who goes against the evil wizard Enron," writer, David Morgasen, told Variety. "The quest involves Henry Bates, the rightful king of the land of Middlefinger." Oh our aching sides. Okay, perhaps that's a bit harsh but it's just not our idea of high comedy. We're sure the kids will love it though.

The script is currently undergoing finishing touches, so Henry Bates and the Sorceror's Balls should begin filming early next year.

(Taken from the Empire Magazine)

If you ask me, kids will not "love" it...i certainly won't...it kinda sounds crap! and i just find it an insult!

unibrow
meh i think itll be funny but from what i heard (or read cant remember) awhile ago scary movie 3 was supposed to be called the lord of the brooms and was spose to be about lord of the rings, star wars, and harry potter and they ended up changing it in the end but they couldve changed it to the 4th scary movie (yeah theyre making a FOURTH one!!!! hope it doesnt suck as much as the third one)

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
i LOVE the books and the movies but alittle humor at them is healthy..

airangel429
i loved the scary movies....but HARRY POTTER IMITATION! I could only imagine who would play who! Dumbledore would be black and ghetto fab.......ha! From one of the Wayans brothers playin him.....

Hermoine would be that one girl with the dark hair.....oh geeez

IBTonks
yeah it cud be quite ammusing, but then i really think it'll die fast....i cud see it almost bein borin......i mean, in scary movie, u got tonnes of horros to take the p*** outa, but with this, theres just the one....do u really think u'd be able to sit through 1 1/2 - 2 hours of it? seein as theres only one thing to take the mic outa? do u get me?

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
yea.. i guess tonks is right.. making fun of it for 2hrs it will get boring and old very fast..

Julie
eh wouldn't really go out of my way to watch it...but ok

unibrow
not only harry potter theyre also making fun of lord of the rings but it wont be scary movie its just a parody on its own so proly no wayan brothers sad

sauron
LOL POTTER AND LOTR PARODY CANT WAIT

Luna150
ive got scary movie 3. Im a big signs' and 'the ring' fan but i loved it. I dont think scary movies 4 will be about harry potter. scary movies is a spoof of HORROR and SCARY films,

sauron
i have scary movie 3 on dvd i think its poor, only good bit is

"george its a wake" "AWAKE BRENDA I THOUGHT WED LOST YOU"

crazy_c
cool i cant wait till the harry potter and lotr thin comes out sounds funny

sauron
lol yeah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.