Spoilers!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
HOW CAN YOU POST SPOILERS ABOUT A STORY THAT HAS BEEN OUT FOR SOME FIFTY ODD YEARS!!!!!! YOU CAN'T, THERE ARE NONE!!!!!!!
And for those who haven't read the books, READ THEM!!! For once in your life pick up a book and READ!!!!!
*Ahem* OK, I'm glad I got that out of my system.

mah
If you're posting info about ROTK unknown to those who haven't read the book, it's still considered a spoiler on these forums, thank you very much.

orlandoOYEA
Hmmmmmm. I agree, but what we say spoilers we mean how PJ is going to portray the book through his eyes. Technically they arent spoilers cause ur right, if ya read the book, nothing is new. But, u never know how PJ will show it making it something new and something u would like to see. Just an opinion.... (sry for buttin in)

GABRIEL05
Yeah even if it's the freakin Titanic, or a movie on the life of Moses. If the movie hasn't come out yet blabber about it before it is released is still regarded as spoiler.

Hegemon875
Well it shouldn't be, come on if we thought like that every thing about any movie would be a spoiler because SOMEONE might not have seen the movie or read the book. If the story has been around for sooo long then you can't have spoilers, if we started talking about the Bible all of a sudden we would have to put up a spoiler warning because SOMEONE might not know that Jesus dies in the end. We have to draw the line somewhere.

mah
If we talked about an unreleased film about the Bible, then yes.
And I'm sorry, but that's how it is: Of course everyone should've read the book, but 50% (or something) of the viewers haven't; and they do not want the last film spoiled by info they don't wish to get. When the film is out it will be a different matter, like with all films that are released. Pre-premiere: spoilers are spoilers no matter how old the story the film is based on is.

Hegemon875
I don't agree with that but I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway.

GABRIEL05
whoah that is wierd. I mentioned moses and then you guys mentioned jesus!??!

Anny'swayz Say MAH As far as the FILM is concerend pre-release blabber=spoiler, but if you were talking about the book, or comic, or whatever it was based off of, is that techincally spoiler??

mah
No, I'm afraid not. We can't ruin the experience for those who do not wish to know the story.
And it's only a month left, so it can't be that bad?

OrliNElijahsGrl
i agree, i think that the ones who DO know what will happen need to keep it to themselves and not post them, theres people who dont want to know them, and want to be suprised, and i think..that people who post asking if anyone has any spoilers, need to read the book, its that simple, its not too far away, so can we all refrain from posting spoilers?

I for one am reading the book, and im two pages from the battle of pelennor (sp?) field! IM SO EXCITED! its a wonderful book! I enjoy reading it, and it has me DRAWN into it

nephalim27
Don't forget that alot of people are picking up the book for the first time due to the movie (such as myself, when LotR came out...read it before but I was really young and didn't get nor remember most of it.) As such, when there is a major spoiler, you mark it as such, regardless of how long it's been out anyway.
On the gamefaqs boards which I visit often you have to mark spoilers for anything that's a spoiler regardless of how old it is, 15+ years in some cases. There will ALWAYS be people reading/watching/playing it for the first time, and that's a LARGE percentage of the people on any board for something like this. What, you think people stay obsessed with LotR their entire lives? Some do, and they make up a small percentage of people on boards like this, but most do not.

And then there are the people who didn't read the books, and won't, and while they are missing out and should in a perfect world, they won't. That's already been mentioned and I won't go into it further. Finally, as was also pointed out, how they will portray something in the movie adaptation, which is a different and seperate work, IS a spoiler and believe it or not some people don't want to know beforehand. Once again I won't go into this further.

I can understand what you are saying, but I disagree, and have stated why, and since those are the rules on this board (in this case until a certain period after the movie comes out instead of forever, as it is in alot, if not most, boards such as this one,) you lose. Sorry.

OrliNElijahsGrl
when i read return of the king, i get drawn into it, its like im in a whole different world, as if im experiencing everything that is happening myself, its addicting, and its sooo lovely to read, its amazing!!!

I even shedded a tear about merry missing pippin and the shire and everything, i even caught myself saying "its okay merry, ull see pippin soon"

BingaBonga
i agree with mah... there are some people that are lotr fans but don't read the books, there should be spoilers, and anyway pj has added/taken out so much stuff sometimes even I don't know what's goin on, i appreciate your concern, but i think that spoilers should stay...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.