NJO Poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Now that our beloved series is over I would like to hear some of the thoughts that you all have on it.

mephistodesigns
what I want to know is, what now? what else can they possibly do to these characters? Han is 60! can't the poor guy retire? Are they just gonna write about the kids? I'm don't know if I'm into them enough to read about just them with the occasional cameos of the characters I do care about. But i really think they're going to have to leave the OT film characters alone after this. they're just too old. They will have 18 years to play with between 3 and 4 for some great Vader hunting Jedi books.

Julie
I think that they just might do that.....who knows.....I thought awhile ago that was one of the rumors floating about when people were saying what your saying....only 12 NJO books ago

Julie
*gasps*......whoever never bothered to read them ought to go out right now and borrow one from the library.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VengeanceGOD
See, I love that the universe is still wide open after this. Yeah, Han and Leia and Luke are pretty much done as characters. But that's ok...I think the newer Jedi are much more interesting. I would love to do a series based on Jedi in post-NJO.

Baylin
None of the above! I've only recently started reading the NJO which I am enjoying but my fav SW books are the Han Solo trilogoy. I also liked the jedi academy ones

Julie
I never finished the Jedi Academy trilogy...though I have them at home for a rainy day

VengeanceGOD
They're actually quite good. One of my favorite scenes in any Star Wars book is there.

It's when Kyp Durron goes to Endor and the remains of Darth Vader after the funeral pyre. He spends some time staring at the charred helmet, contemplating, and then drops it into the sand and walks away, saying "Now I am Lord of the Sith."

Soooo Badass...

Baylin
Oh yeah I remember being quite impressed by that bit

Julie
Yeah and look what happened to him...he came crawling back ........

VengeanceGOD
It's all Han's fault, dammit!

Julie
whine all ya want....the young man came back to his senses......

Julie
I sense the good.....even in you:-)

VengeanceGOD
hehehe. Actually, I'm a light side Jedi. But Sith can be super-badass.

Julie
I guess.....like you er someone said....need bad guys for there to be good guys....even the Vong wer "good" bad guys

mim cloudwater
im only half way finished with the series, only reason is bescaue the libraies near me are terrible so i have to buy all the books, and barnes and nobles dont ever seem to have star by star or dark journey,(i've bought all the others, but only read up to star by star) so i currently only know half the story.
BTW, why did you say Luke was a used up character, i know he cant be used much but hes still the leading jedi master(by far).

and just as an intiristing scenario i thought up, mara dies from the disease with ben, luke is so angry he goes sith, and then completely ahnilates the vong,(no details worked out on that though, on how he does it) i mean every jedi has somthing special about them, for the skywalkers in general if they go to the darkside they are much more powerful then if a same of ability jedi turned dark(thats my thoughts at least) ???good???

mim cloudwater
but then of course it would ruin the whole story though but i like it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.