Was Revolutions RACIST?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Neo died, and Trinity died, so did Zee's friend (white)! Morpheus, Niobe, Link, and Zee were really only the main characters left (not white)... and the kid, but he doesn't count.stick out tongue
Just something I thought about when watching it for a fourth time, I don't mean to cause any problems, it was just something that I noticed. Perhaps something on the Buddhism side?

MC Mike
Kozzy, go here: doctor

Just messin with ya! wink stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Omega
Was Revolutoions racist?
No. Neo DIDN't die, neither did Harmann. And who gives a damn about the freakin' skin-colour anyways?!?!?!?!?!?

JKozzy
I don't, it's just something interesting that I noticed... OK my friend noticed it and I was just curious to see what everyone else thought... I thought it was a bit off, but hey, can't hurt to post... or at least I think.... plus my friends are dense and that bit of Neo dying rubbed off on me...
SorryembarrasmentDidn't mean anything really big by itsad

The none
GOOD GRIEF! sad

The Omega
JKozzy> Check out the "Ascertain the Fate of the One" thread (should be on this page still). There was some one some time ago who started a thread on ZION being racists, because there were a lot of coloured people there - It didn't end SO well.
So I'm keeping a close eye on this thread.

BABOON
i bet agent smith is racist...that bastard smokin'

JKozzy
I really didn't mean anything by it, I figure that there would be a reason for the colored people, since I'm sure most of those people have different beliefs, and many believe this world isn't the real "world", that after death there is one, I meant this in a slightly-more mature way, sorry if the thread title was a bit extreme.

JKozzy
Against the human race!

Angelsolovely
Um just wondering, why U just picked Revolutions, why not the other two , they were all written by the same people, so are U really trying to say... was the writters racist, Hmmm. no I don't think I want to go down that road.

JKozzy
They're not, most likely. Everything has a reason, has a why, and those Brothers certainly have those. And a lot of powerwink

SilverFighter
I wasn't a big fan of Reloaded and I haven't seen Revolutions but there is no way that the Matrix could be Racist. If you meant to make a gag in this topic maybe you should change the title. It does bring attention and maybe some ignorant remarks as well. JMHO.

Angelsolovely
Do people really use the word "colored" anymore. I don't think that is politicly correct
Angelsolovely love 's all colors.

neo_dragon
just to nitpick here, keanu reeves is of mixed asian/polynesian and caucasian ancestry, so is technically not white. but this is a pointless question from smeone who needs to maybe go back and see the movies for what they are, just movies.

Angelsolovely
He is not asian, he is part hawiian, I saw it on the E! True Hollywood Story the day before yesterday. smile

neo_dragon
what do you think polynesian means, besides that many hawaiians are also of mixed asian descent, predominantly chinese, japanese, and filipinos, and yes, keanu does have chinese ancestry. FROM KEANUNET.COM:Keanu Charles Reeves was born September 2, 1964 in Beirut, Lebanon, to Samuel Nowlin Reeves (half-Hawaiian, half-Chinese) and Patric Taylor (English).

JKozzy
Yikes, he's oldstick out tongue

Angelsolovely
Oops, my bad, his father is chinese/hawiian, his mother is english. big grin

The Omega
He's like wine: Getting better with age.... (sighs happily).

burlyman
oh, mother... (aparently his accent in BS's Dracula was the 6th worst of all time)

JKozzy
Mmm.... thinks about Omega's post of getting better with age.... Monica Bellucciwink

Angelsolovely
Just looking at him U would never think he was that age love

burlyman
shifty theres a time and a place for that

MC Mike
shifty

JKozzy
Why not now??yes
http://www.monicabellucci.it/image1.jpg

MC Mike
laughing can't stop the urge, eh?

JKozzy
Who can?? http://*********8.com/boardimages/huh.gif

MC Mike
no one, Koz-man, no one! wink

-=Urot=-
Not to sound like a perv, but can one of you repost the link to Monica Bellucci modeling site?

I was telling my best friend that she was a model, and I wanted to send him the link.

Thx in advance.

JKozzy
http://www.monicabellucci.it/ I believe it is
And ur not a perv, just as the world isn't eitherwink

ragesRemorse
if matrix was racist dont you think they would have made "the one" a black man, or if it was racist by a white person's standard then there would have been no black people at all. Thats how they do it on t.v you have your white shows and your black shows. every ounce in a while there may be a show that is intergrated,but it always ends up leaning more one way or the other. so no matrix wasnt racist, unless your racist then of course it is

GABRIEL05
WHOAH kiddies let the expert handle this...

If you'll notice the WB's never ever even hint at racism in the matrix. And why even bring it up? The whole race debate is stupid anyways. Like someone said if someone is quote mixed race how do you catagorize them?

SimplePriest

ROFLMBO!! Wow, I never read this thread, but my friend told me I should take a look at it. That is funny... Ooo, add this to it:

The architect --> seen as the evil villian, and the one who can't see past any choice = White. He even wears all white and has a white beard.

The oracle (please) --> seen as the good one, or at least the one on our side = Black. Even her new shell was still black. Her preistess... was black. Seraph... Asian.

Now how 'bout the agents.... ummm, White. Even the replacement for Smith. White white white. LOL

What else... Mifune. Died but was totally awesome. Black
The kid. Lived but was totally silly and awkward. White
Man this keeps getting better... Merovingian --> White enough. Twins... yeah exactly. White. Can't get no whiter. Ha, ALL the security guards they encounter = White. Most of the clothes worn by the rebels when they are jacked in = Black (except for switch). Ok, the Chateau fight. You remember the girl who wore white? Yeah, she got pushed around for the Entire Fight, until Neo killed everyone else (in black) who were more important, then he clobbered her with that big mace-like thingy.

Wow... well I want to say that I DO NOT think these movies were trying to express anything racist. But, after reading this thread I found it kinda funny to think about. Then I started finding all these silly connections. Wow.... Still ROFLMBO

((The_Anomaly))
keanu also lived in Canada for alot of his life, and was a good hockey golie, also carrie-ann moss is from vancouver BC, both are canadian, thats pretty weird....

Sifer
Answer to original topic: Not a chance.

There is only 1 race to be concerned about: The Human Race. Who gives a flying **** about skin colour? I couldn't give 2 shit's whether someone was purple, yellow, multi-coloured or translucent and I know the Wachowski's don't either.

xemir
wow. neo is dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.