what was the oracle's "risk"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

latisha*
some people say the risk she took was that she helped the humans or that she helped neo...maybe her risk is that she created agent smith....maybe she knew that his power would grow and would soon rival the machines(and thus take them over)....the machines would then have two enemies(humans and smith, with smith being more dangerous)...but she also knew that perhaps, because neo is the only one that can stop smith, he would defeat smith for the machines, and thus a truce be hammered out in stone tablets...yay or nay...smile

Mordecai
YAY!!!! Happy Dance

Actually i have no idea, thats a pretty good theory.

A tad far fetched but it would make some sense.

I'll have to think about it.

.....maybe. shifty

Osiris
if u cant remember the end of revolutions she told seraph that she didnt always "KNOW" but she "BELIEVED"

that was her risk

Mordecai
I don't think that has anything to do with her risk.

The Architect mentions the risk was dangerous or whatever and she says "change always is" so she done something different this time than what she had done with the other Ones.

So she didn't "believe" the other Ones could do it??

Even if that is the case her believing wouldn't have any bearing on what actually happened. Therefore no risk was involved for her to believe.

Mordecai
Wait a tick,

Let me think about this, it kind of makes sense.

So because she believed Neo was different she allowed him to do something the other Ones didn't.

I'm caught inbetween at the moment.

latisha*
i think she knew that there was a good chance that the machines would destroy zion again...so she created smith, to rival the machines, and the risk involved is that it could also backfire with smith destroying not only the machines but the humans as well....it fits...

mook
yes/no?
the architect was telling the truth in M2 - usually the 'one' failed+ zion was rebuilt etc.
but because of what happened with Smith Neo is different and so the prophercy comes true.

Seraph77
The "risk" the oracle took was going outside of the original plan. 5 times before the 6th neo she just played along with the plan, leading him to the source and disseminating his code. The 6th time she decided to take a "risk" and guide him on another path, a path to possibly ally both machine and man, or destroy both.

The question u should be asking is since the 6th neo experienced love differently, is that because of the oracle? And also, the 5 ones before him, each one had to have a negative, it couldn't have been smith each time. Which means for each one before him there was an equal and oposite reaction that threatened the whole of the matrix, I wonder what it was.....

mors823
I think that there already is a thread on this, but I put my two cents here. The risk is, in my opinion, is obvious. The Oracle allowed hersef to be copied by Smith. It was clear that she knew he was coming to take over her, but did nothing to stop it. She figured that Smith couldn't handle her powers and it would backfire and destroy Smith. Of course, if he could, well, bye bye Matrix and Zion.

The Omega

dragonpisces272
It wasn't suppose it end up "this way", but she risked herself to help Neo along in his journey

Lag
I don't think the Oracle had a choice to make the risk or not. This is the first time she was ever presented with the delema of both the humans and the machines coming to an end. We know this because Neo's love for Trinity stopped him from choosing the door to restart the matrix and this is the first time this happens, so there is no saved memory of this and the only thing the Oracle could see was either both worlds ending or Neo defeating Smith. My question would then be if she had no choice and could do nothing to stop the fight from happening then how was she even able to make a risk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.