Tom Cruise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
This guys awesome from Ethan Hunt in the Mission Impossible series to his upcoming film The Last Samuri it looks like its gonna be good.

Post your thoughts on this actor and some of you favorite Cruise Movies.

SaTsuJiN
Legend
Jerry McGwire
Interview with the vampire
Minority report
Vanilla Sky

I didnt really care for the more popular ones, such as 'days of thunder' , 'risky business' .. and um... dammit the one where he flies the plane... -_- oh yes... 'top gun'.

I cant wait to see The Last Samurai, as I'm quite a fan of Japanese culture. Go Tom!! lol.. do more crazy movies!! eek!

forumcrew
umm ur forgetting something very important.. Top Gun

Punker69
Yeah my favorite is the Missison Impossible series.

Kes
He ruined the Mission Impossible series. Its completely different from the tv series. Specially the 2nd movie. Which by the way sucks.
I dont really like Cruise. I think he's a quite average actor.

johnnys#1 fan
all of his movies suck I hate tom cruise sick

Punker69
Hey dont be dissin my homeboy.

LindsIsTightK
I think he is pretty good as an actor, but as a person I have to question his reasons for leaving his wife and children.

BackFire
He's like as big as my thumb.

Punker69
feltch you BACKFIRE !

demonfaze
He's a good actor, I enjoyed him in Top Gun, Vanilla Sky, and Interview with the Vampire. I'm also looking forward to The Last Samurai.

Punker69
Yeah so am I .But he was the best in Mission Impossible 1&2.

movie_freak
Hes alright and i'm looking forward to Last Samurai

Punker69
Yeah that looks really good and looks oscar worthy.Hey does anybody think Uma Thurman will get an oscar nomination for her role in Kill Bill?

BOPRecruit 16
the outsiders
mission impossible
minority report
jerry maguire
rainman

Punker69
cool

Top Gun
He was the best in Top Gun as you can see I love that movie

Punker69
Yeah Top Gun was good.

Kes
laughing

Punker69
Dont bag on my homeboy KES! sad

Kes
I think he sucks. Plus he's really short and the rest must be proportional lol
Who the hell leaves Kidman for Cruz???! And he says he will always love Kidman roll eyes (sarcastic)

Punker69
Oh now you`ve crossed the line!*jumps on KES*

Kes
stick out tongue

Evil Dead
I'm quite the Tom Cruise fan..............I love all of his movies (well....except his first few, Losing It isn't exactly a masterpiece)........

Born on the Fourth of July <-------- my favorite
Top Gun
Days of Thunder
Mission Impossible (and 2)
Interview with the Vampire
Risky Business
Rain Man
Vanilla Sky
Minority Report
Jerry Maguire

He has only made 2 movies that I don't like........Eyes Wide Shut and Legend........other than that, all golden. The man has some acting chops.

And yes......he is tiny. Isn't he like 5'8" or something..........

BackFire
I thought losin it was a cool movie.

Evil Dead
I like it.........but c'mon......not even in the same league as Rain Man, Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Born of the Fourth of July, Interview with the Vampire, etc............it's a good 80s movie to watch every now and then but I wouldn't recommend it to somebody as a film that showcases his acting abilities.

silver_tears
cool

silver_tears
I think he's very attractive, and I loved The Last Samurai happy

Aye-Chico
I can understand ppl think he is attractive, I'm not a huge fan or something I just think he is ok. And I do like a lot of his movies, like Minority Report, MI and Last Samurai.
But he can't win it from Johnny Depp lol

SummerSunshine
he's alright! i think hes a good actor and he looks good hehee

SpiderGurl
For those of you who don't think Tom Cruise is a good actor, I urge you all to watch Collateral. His portrayal of a contract killer just blew me away; I totally forgot it was Tom Cruise behind his character "Vincent." The movie is really good, btw, and is getting great reviews from rottentomatoes. I think Cruise looks his best in this movie, too, even with the grey hair!

BloomBabyGirl
i liked vanilla sky dont kno why....and hes attractive eek!

charmedFairy
His new movie looks really good, the war of the worlds.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/war_of_the_worlds/_group_photos/dakota_fanning5.jpg

http://cache.eonline.com/Reviews/Movies/Megaplex/Flick/Images/fph.war.worlds.011105.jpg

http://www.geocities.jp/metropoleclub/a/501b/051205.jpg

I cant wait to see it.smile

KillTheLight
uh huh..eat

Morning_Glory
that dakota fanning is in so many movies anymore... i hope she grows up properly and not some drug junkie... erm

GCG
TOM CRUISE OWNS BOGUS JOURNALIST ! laughing out loud

While attending the London Premier for War Of The Worlds, Cruise was being interviewed by journalists, and among them was a 'jerk' who sprayed water in Cruise's face out of a fake microphone.

But that was not funny. The funny part was the face of the phony reporter when TC asked him "Come Here ; Why would you do that ? Why would you do that ? "

As the fake journalist tried to scurry away from the scene, Cruise called him "Where are you going ; dont try and run away ; Come here and talk to me ! "

The jerk, as Cruise called him, sported an embarrasing face and was left dumbfounded by Cruise's coolness.

Cruise Said " I am here answering your questions, and you do this ?? You are a Jerk ! "

KillTheLight
laughing out loud..i saw a clip of that on the news and the guy looked like he wanted to cry..

GCG
For those of you who havent seen it Click here

Btw. I dare that Channel 4 crew to do that to Russel Crowe laughing

silver_tears
I dont care what people say, I'd still so do him happy
And WOTW was an awesome movie thumb up

silver_tears
still so do him yes

silver_tears
many many times happy

silver_tears
again and again happy

tomcruiserocks
i absolutely love tom cruise and all of his films!! just thought id tell you all. i think war of the worlds is amazing and i cant wait for MI3.

sorrow
Originally posted by Kes
I think he sucks. Plus he's really short and the rest must be proportional lol
Who the hell leaves Kidman for Cruz???!

yes i agree!!!... yes

WrathfulDwarf
I don't like to give Tom Cruise too much attention. But I'll do it this time. Quite frankly I thinks this one of the most dumbest things he's done.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3477151

FFS is only a joke Mr Cruise. roll eyes (sarcastic)

.Dance_Inside.
gah..I can't stand him no

River Wild
I love Tom Cruise in the following movie;

The Last Samurai
Jerry Maguire
Top Gun

JaehSkywalker
um, only war of the worlds... only coz i like d movie...

Ultraman Baltan
Ladies and gentlemen, Hollywood has announced something huge: They have officially canned Tom Cruise! That's right, people. They don't care if he makes good money(I mean, they have Jolie and Pitt already to take his place). They finally said that he's too big of a pain in the ass to keep him! FINALLY! It was on television. Not sure what show, though. So, any thoughts on the situation?

Morning_Glory
Paramont is done with Tom Cruise... not Hollywood in general... the guy will still make more movies...

Cruise is horrible offscreen.. .but he does make some good movies sometimes

upcoming movies (imdb.com)
The Few (2008) (announced) (attached) .... Billy Fiske
I Married a Witch (2007) (pre-production) (attached)
The Eye (2007) (pre-production)

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Paramont is done with Tom Cruise... not Hollywood in general... the guy will still make more movies...

Cruise is horrible offscreen.. .but he does make some good movies sometimes

upcoming movies (imdb.com)
The Few (2008) (announced) (attached) .... Billy Fiske
The Eye (2007) (pre-production)

Supposidly, they may take him off of "The Few" and is having issues with "I Married A Witch." I find myself avoiding his films now. The only movie I was psyched to see that he made was "War of the Worlds", but that's because I'm a fan of the old film and the book.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah word has reached us in the UK too.... BBC news is reporting that he was dumped for committing creative suicide over the last few years.

His camp say it was his idea.... Yeahhhhh righhhhhht.

coolmovies
Hes a very good actor smile

who?-kid
Tom Cruise is a good actor, I don't have problems with him. Go Tom go !

Too bad he's a religious nutcase.

History Buff
I guess this is what you deserve when your the chief spoksman for a cult!

Ultraman Baltan
I disagree that Tom is a good actor. Personally, I think he's a bad actor. The only character he can play is either someone who's paranoid or in constant action. Even then, he's not that compelling.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
I disagree that Tom is a good actor. Personally, I think he's a bad actor. The only character he can play is either someone who's paranoid or in constant action. Even then, he's not that compelling.
He's not a great actor, he's no Pacino or Keitel or McKellen, but he's not bad. He gets the job done.

Punkyhermy
Tom is a brilliant actor. I loved Minority Report.

But out of character, he's a freakshow.

silver_tears
He may be a nutcase but that should have no influence on his films. I think it's horrible that they dropped him like that.
His acting has nothing to do with his personal life, you just know Paramount's gonna get sued erm

forumcrew
cruise and wagner are going to run their own production company which is why the deal with paramount is done.

masterkit
This Should Be Brought Up Here

Search Function-Its Like Magic

I hate tom cruise and his movies(and war of the worlds,dakota fanning is a dememnted little girl*hides*)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f64/t19089.html

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by silver_tears
He may be a nutcase but that should have no influence on his films. I think it's horrible that they dropped him like that.
His acting has nothing to do with his personal life, you just know Paramount's gonna get sued erm

Actaually, Tom's antics were losing them money.

DeVi| D0do
Understandable that Paramount have dumped him... who'd want to be affiliated with that arse?

JaehSkywalker
*shrugs* religious nutcases are not that bad... especially tom...

read it yesterday yahoo news...

go Tom go!

Quincy Archer
Originally posted by silver_tears

agreed ^

InnerRise
I don't really see what the problem is.

Is it that a lot of people don't agree with his religion or what.

I'm sure if he was out there promoting Christianity (which is my religion by the way) he wouldn't have been dropped or got so much negative criticism.

Yeah he could have held back a bit more but I don't see what the big deal is. He did nothing wrong. His opinions and beliefs are his and if he wants to share them so be it. But don't punish him for being so open about his beliefs.

That's all I can think of as to why he's getting such negative criticism. Really what has he done?

Yeah he went on news and was saying how bad medicine was. Yes he jumped on Oprah's couch. Yes he professed his love for Katie Holmes countless times.

The fact that he doesn't like medicine has nothing to do with anything else but that.
Oprah didn't seem to have a problem with him jumping on her couch. It wasn't anybody else's couch. What's the problem.
Katie Holmes seems to like the fact that Tom Loves her so much and professes as she does the same thing. So no problem there.

The World needs to take a step back and Watch a Tom Cruise movie and learn to differentiate from real life and what's put on screen and learn to accept or reject other people's thoughts without taking it so personal.

Is It Comprehensible.....

botankus
Originally posted by Morning_Glory

That's pretty cool that's he's willing to do a biographical movie.

SnakeEyes
I could care less about how Tom Cruise acts in real life... it doesn't and shouldn't affect me in any way. With that being said, I must say, I do like a lot of his movies. I like the way he acts/the characters he plays. I think Risky Business is my favorite Tom Cruise film.

Nuke Nixon
It's this Vampire's 159th birthday today!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/afe199440aac3d551b40a0862e3da028/dfec0cbf6d6dae3b-86/s400x600/48f5112afab31a1f1155c7663ae0890407615133.jpg

Nuke Nixon
https://64.media.tumblr.com/f5134b156f7ad93865ad828348d84351/c29839ecb6fdd231-90/s500x750/6b501d46678b6764f11d643d353105274ebf050b.png

Nuke Nixon
https://64.media.tumblr.com/023fa17a4fda803520912e75cd4e1713/631aa6669726b989-5a/s400x600/897922fa6a67c78880bfac98a9120278349445c1.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by Punker69
This guys awesome from Ethan Hunt in the Mission Impossible series to his upcoming film The Last Samuri it looks like its gonna be good.

Post your thoughts on this actor and some of you favorite Cruise Movies.
The Last Samurai. Holy crap that brings back memories! laughing

riv6672
Now I wanna watch it.

riv6672

riv6672
Not sure if I remember how to work a DVD.

riv6672
https://i.gifer.com/25Gz.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.