Mercedes Lackey [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
First of all - YAY!! BOOK FORUM!!!

second, who likes mercedes lackey? I like the velgarth series best.

Corlindel
I don' know her sad What is her genre?

badkittykitty
Mercedes Lackey is an extremely prolific author for Fantasy Novels I do believe...I will have to check her out Phoenix

Phoenix
She's astounding...some of her earlier novels are a tad cliche, but still a good read, but her newest novels are just getting better and better! I particularly enjoyed "Exhile's Honour" and "Brightly Burning"

h0ck3yh0rr0r
heard of her. but never read any of her works. is it like Jules Verne?

Lord Soth
I've read The Black Gryphon and The White Gryphon. Both great

Schizo_n_me
I read The Black Swan or something. I can't say it's one of my fav books....

h0ck3yh0rr0r
black gryphon and white gryphon. interesting books soth?

Lord Soth
They're very interesting. A great concept. I want to read the last book of the series, Silver Gryphon

h0ck3yh0rr0r
SILVER!? im guessing there are pink, orange, etc etc...

Lord Soth
lol, no I believe that's it.....

badkittykitty
laughing out loud laughing out loud cant wait till I get all these great books everyone has suggested..good thing I can check out like 50 books at a time.wow

Lord Soth
I've heard that everything that Lackey has written is great, but I must say that the best of her that I've read were the Gryphon novels

Phoenix
I adore ALL her books - who's with me?!

badkittykitty
Phoenix you really do love Mercedes Lackey huh? big grin

Phoenix
I'm a freak! but it's fun! big grin

Lord Soth
Freaks are awesome

Phoenix
http://www.mercedeslackey.com/

airangel429
Phoe which book do you reccommend reading first?

Phoenix
well, you could read it as they were written, with the Talia books first, as they explain everything about Heralds. They are a bit depressing tho!

Brightly Burning is my personal fave!

Or you could read them chronologically, by starting with the black gryphon.

However, I would advise reading Talia, to understand Heralds, then maybe owlflight or Winds Trilogy to understand Hawkbrothers, then you can pretty much read any of them!

Phoenix
Check out my Mercedes Lackey fanfiction

hpxmenlotrnerd
I just finished reading a fantastic book by Mercedes Lackey that I absolutely loved. It was called the Black Swan and I was just wondering if anyone knew if Lackey had written any sequels to it. The ending is very final and it doesn't really need a sequel but anythings possible. I just don't want it to all be left to the imagination since it could go anywhere from there. I liked it a lot more than the tv adapted version called the swan princess. this one was much more exciting and deep. Well if anyone knows of sequels that shes written to that let me know.

DirtyBlondPrepa
No sorry..I don't know of anyno

RavenBlack
Is there a distinct possibility that someone can email me at [email protected] with the contents of page 208 of Winds of Fate? My copy has one hell of a misprint, resulting in 208 becoming a copy of page 245.

Anyways, I think my faves are the Darian's Tale trilogy...I thoroughly enjoyed all three.

Phoenix
I loved them too - Keisha was my favourite character.

I'm afraid I don't have a copy of Winds, i borrow them from my best mate, and she's in Wales at the moment...

Coldfire
I loooove Mercedes Lackey; she is one of the most talented writers!

Zachara
Agreed, one the greats.

Though I`m reading Take A Thief right now and its a bit hard to get through. And man is it ever hard to read what they`re saying sometimes because it`s all slang.

ex: "Mebbe. Somethin`i`th`air. Not like white shirts t`be i`th` chancy parts`uv town. Somethin`s up. an`lots`uv forners pretendin`not t`be forners lurkin`about, i`taverns, askin`questions, little too casual-like."

And this is one of the mild conversations.

Coldfire
Lol yeah that's a good one; my favourite ones are Magic's Price, Magic's Promise, and Magic's Pawn however. Well and just any books with the Hawkbrothers, cuz they are just so cool big grin

Rogue20
I really like Mercedes Lackey's books. I have read a lot of them. My favorites are The Heralds of Valdemar trilogy with Talia. I also like Black Swan and the one with the two mercenaries. I think that they are well written and imaginative characters that you start to hope that they get what they wished or if evil what is coming to them. I think if they made at least one movie about one of Meredes Lackey books I would go and so would other people that I know. rolling on floor laughing

Coldfire
Originally posted by Rogue20
I really like Mercedes Lackey's books. I have read a lot of them. My favorites are The Heralds of Valdemar trilogy with Talia. I also like Black Swan and the one with the two mercenaries. I think that they are well written and imaginative characters that you start to hope that they get what they wished or if evil what is coming to them. I think if they made at least one movie about one of Meredes Lackey books I would go and so would other people that I know. rolling on floor laughing
Yeah those ones were really good too ^.^

And a movie made from one of her books would be SO cool big grin

Coldfire
Anybody read Mercedes Lackey still?

Lord Shadow Z
I remember reading 'The Chrome Borne' when I was in my teens...back then I only read Sci-Fi/Fantasy books but now a I'm a lot more diverse. I honestly can't remember what it was about but I do know I enjoyed it because the author certainly rang a bell somewhere in my head when I saw this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.