Wedge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Who was Wedge? I know his last name was Antillies. And in ANH, C3PO said to Luke that their last master was Captain Antillies. Was this someone related to Wedge?

Wedge has always been one of my favorite characters.

LanceWindu
I believe Wedge is the son of Captian Antilles.

ToMacco
Maybe, but you'd think the son of a captain wouldn't be an expendable pilot on the attack of the first death star confused

Ushgarak
No, the Antilles on that ship at the start has nothing to do with Wedge at all; Wedge was just a talented Rebel Pilot with a full EU bio.

ToMacco
Ush- Wedge is cool.

yerssot
It's said by GL himself that the name Wedge and certainly Antilles are popular in the SW-universe.

Ushgarak
To- yeah, I'll agree with that! I was SO happy when he was finally alowed out of his cockpit for the end of ROTJ...

ToMacco
He was out of his cockpit in ANH. Don't you remember his line?

"That's impossible, even for a computer!"

Ushgarak
That's not Denis Lawson.

ToMacco
well sh*t. sad

King Jedi
You did see him running on Hoth in ESB I think. He shouted something to Luke after the battle.

Ushgarak
Bit of a curious anomaly, that.

Ushgarak
Yeah, I suspect that was just a Denis Lawson voice-over in ESB, though.

He didn;t get a PROPER bit out of his cockpit until ROTJ. And even then he just hugged a few people. Harsh.

King Jedi
Yeah but he got to be on screen with Han, Leia , Lando and Luke. I'd settle for that. big grin

ToMacco
Wedge would have made a good jedi

King Jedi
Why?

ToMacco
I don't know. Because he's a good pilot?

yerssot
in Anakins voice:

What does that got to do with anything?

ToMacco
I was kidding, anway. But I bet you that Wedge was a pothead! smokin'

King Jedi
No, he wasn't boring enough to be a pothead. stick out tongue

ToMacco
For a lot of years, Wedge was my favorite character. You could tell who was a fan of Star Wars if they knew who Wedge was.

Was there a Wedge action figure? I always used the Luke pilot figure as Wedge when I played as a youth.

King Jedi
I think there must have been.

Ratcat
Everybody who reads the EU will know who Wedge Antillies is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.