c.s. lewis~Narnian Chronicles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
c.s.lewis is best known for the Narnian Chronicles.(The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe I think is being made into a movie right now)I think he is fantastic!

right now I am reading "The Screwtape Letters" A moral fable about temptation, faith and Christianity, cast in the form of letters from the demon Screwtape to a lesser devil. Black is white, good is evil, and Hell is a bureaucracy.

has anyone else read his Literary Works,what do you think of him?

metal face
i havnt read the Narnian Chronicles

but most of of his other stuff

screwtape letters, mere chritianinity, and etc in that series

theres like one i think i havnt read

the guy is a genious

philosophy is interesting

and he makes it dope

he has dope views and explains them

h0ck3yh0rr0r
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was good book. smile

badkittykitty
his writing is so creative and intelligent...I really do feel enlightened after i read a bit..I hate to take screwtape back to the library I really love it

metal face
word?

ya screwtape letters is a dope read....

check his other stuff hif you have a chance

badkittykitty
yes for sure! I have to go back to the library monday so I will see what I can lay my hands on! cool

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i haven't been to a library for a while lol

badkittykitty
you know until about 2-3 months ago I hadnt either and they built a new one closer to me so I went and was totally over whelmed..it was heaven laughing out loud

fungrl515
i love c.s. lewis! the chronicles of narnia are by my bed, in a coleector's box. i didn't like the lion, the witch and the wardrobe as much as the voyage of the dawn treader. that was my fave. oh, and i hate libraries. it just annoys me. so, if i wanna read a book, i borrow it from a friend or buy it.

badkittykitty
this libary though is cool I can order what I want and get it with in like a week...I plan on ordering all the chronicles.after leaving screwtape I must leave with more c.s. lewis! smile

crazy_c
I loved thos books. But i cant really remember them cos i read them when i was nine confused I think i'll read them again

bLooMiLiCioUs
i love embig grinbig grin

Hegemon875
I'm with ya, I like to collect books as well as read 'em.

wicker_man
Oh man, i luv the Narnia series my favourite is The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, but i'd strongly recommend all of them to any fans of Lord of the Rings and/or Harry Potter, also on the lines has any one seen the BBC dramitizations of the Narnia Chronicles they were excellent also, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe ran almost into four hours but wow, they don't make dramas like this anymore and whats more they've brought the entire series out on DVD (wOOt).

badkittykitty
when I opened kmc today this is the first thing I saw ...yay!
http://www.killermovies.com/l/thelionthewitchandthewardrobe/articles/3732.html

Maikahyandowen
Love the guy. The Narnaian Chronicals are awsome! Disney's making them into a movie right now, we'll see how that goes.

shaber
Yeah, I've read the Narnian Chronicles and the Out of the Silent Planet trilogy angel

Maikahyandowen
Happy Dance

Julie
I've read most of the Chronicles of Narnia, and I just started the Screwtape letters.....C.S. Lewis is an excellent author....I doubt he's my absolute favorite, but mostly just beacuse I haven't read all that many of his works.

badkittykitty
the screwtape letters are my absolute favorite by him..I couldn't put that book down!

Maikahyandowen
The Chronicals of Narnia are some of the best fantasy stories though.

shaber
I haven't come across the Screwtape Letters sad

badkittykitty
I hope you can some day..it's very intriguing

Maikahyandowen
intriguing. i like that word. the Narnian Chronicals are amazing.

shaber
Which is your favourite one? stick out tongue

big gay kirk
Although not a great fan of Christianity, I love the Narnia books... I find the way Lewis manages (especially in the "minor" chronicles) to veil his christian allegory and yet still make it obvious fascinating... The Horse and his Boy and Voyage of the Dawn Treader being the obvious examples... The Silver Chair was always my favourite, with its message taht if you stick to God's rules, you will be saved from eternity in the underworld, and the Last Battles reworking of St John the Divines Revelation serves to make the saint of Patmos's work far more accessible...

Maikahyandowen
Favorite Narnia book? Has to be The Last Battle. it's soooo awsome.

crickey77
I've got to read this books stat.

Maikahyandowen
yes. yes you do.

ToMacco
I know some of you have read these books. It's a seven book volume set. I'm on book 4.

Maikahyandowen
they're awsome! i have all seven. reading

badkittykitty
ToMacco! I've heard of,you rep precedes you! I merged your thread with mine (hubba hubba)

I love c.s lewis his writing style is so intelligent,I could read him all day!

Baylin
I loved reading the chronicles of narnia - I even nearly cried at the end of the last one....

ElectricBugaloo
i like those books, though i haven't read any in years

well actulaly i read the magicians nephew one afternoon at my grandma's house a couple months back, but besides that...

Maikahyandowen
i think C.S. Lewis was friends with J.R.R. Tolkien too.

tassie
yeah, i've read the whole series quite a while now, and i love them

Maikahyandowen
who wouldn't?

shaber
Which of the two witches did you think was the better villain (the serpentine green witch or Jadis, "the White Witch"? )

Maikahyandowen
white witch. the green one barely did anything at all. except for that whole prince stealing thing, but other than that........

Mr Zero
CS thread indeed.

have y'all seen the pre production artwork for the Narnia movies? Very swish and high class, but it's so LOTR it's not right... tho i'm sure some folks will be delighted by this.

BK: As to Screwtape - yes cleese did a recording (tho i didnt know it was award winning!) I prefer Acklands version because he has such a dry droll voice, JC stresses the humor a little too much for my taste (in comparison).

I may have the Cleese recording saved around here in MP3 format - I'll see if I can track it down.

Fiery Eyes
Its been a very long time since i've read them, i ws in the 6th grade. But its a book i have NEVER forgotton. In the 6th grade my teacher was reading them to us and she would disguise her voice for ea charactor it was awesome Happy Dance

shaber
I like the way my cds on the Screwtape Letters do that final letter no expression

Merry Lover
I love those books! I read them again just the other week, I love the Dawn Treader and the Silver Chair! They're so great! I'll have to look for those other books you all mentoned, i think CS Lewis is great, but I can't really say because I only read Narnia.
Reepicheep is my absolute favourite! He's so brave and that's so funny cos he's a mouse and braver than heaps of the others...Like when he said they should sail into the darkness in the Dawn Treader...That was so spooky!

big grin

Evy_O
I bacame interested in this book when I found out that it had influenced Tolkien, so I, being a Tolkien fan, read it and liked it lots big grin

I also used to watch the Narnian cartoons on TV when I was little ninja

Londonboy7
My favorit is caspion and the dawn treader

JLRTENJAC
I have loved all the ones I have read. I'm on Ch. 12 of Voyage of the Dawn Treader now.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Londonboy7
My favorit is caspion and the dawn treader

My favorite is the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. and no it's not because of the movie coming out on December 9th.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.