Dogstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

julibug
(Korri will love this!) smile

Guys, I feel really out of it for not knowing that Keanu was in a band!! I just found out today when I read Korri's posts in the "busted" thread. So, of course, I did a little searching, and here's a sight where you can listen to some samples. Enjoy (if you're a fan!)

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1883087&cc=USD

julibug
Here ya go:

loserib
ive heard them before not really my thing

julibug
I like some of what I've heard. I think it's a Keanu thing for me, though.

BackFire
Oh man, he has a band? Jesus Christ....where will the madness end?

It seems every actor has a band these days, and all the bands seem to be very typical and generic, relying on the fact that they have a big name actor in the band.

What will be the first single? "an ode to trinity"

julibug
Dogstar has been around since 1991. Listen to me - like I'm some kind of expert on them or something. Just found out about them today. But I read up on them a little. They have a few cd's out.

Speaking of actors in bands - have you heard anything by TOFOG (Thirty Odd Foot of Grunt) - Russell Crow's band? Their stuff's not too bad. I like some of it quite a bit.

wicker_man
James Marsters (Alias Spike in Buffy) is also in a band - Ghost of a Robot, pretty good listein to them if you can.

BackFire
Well the fact that I hate Russel Crowe would probably deminish any positive feelings I may have should I listen to his band.

From what I heard his band is terrible anyways.

julibug
Well, I'm not really a fan of Russell Crow. I just heard about the band a couple of years ago, and found some of their stuff. It kinda reminds me a little of some old John Mellencamp stuff. Not exactly, though. They have their own sound. I just can't think of anything else to compare it to. It's kinda folk/rock.

Korri
KORRI DOES LOVE IT!!!

julibug
I knew you would. roll eyes (sarcastic)

stinkfist462
jack blacks tenacious d... funny as hell...... i strongly suggest it...

Korri
devil

he is also in another band called Becky

julibug
Cool. I'll have to check them out, too. Is he the bassist for them as well?

lil bitchiness
Oh wow....they remind me of a mixture of bands....ther eis a bit of Soundgarden in there as well...thumb up

oh my, and Keanu is my fellow bass player!!

Korri
watch it lil miffed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.