just a bit of nagging

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
dunno why I post this really but here it goes,

I have this friend, dirk, who is a psychaetrist (sp). He's a good friend of mine with whom I talk a lot about almost everything. I spend quite a lot of time with him since he is the game master in one of the IRL role playing games I play and he plays in a second one I play.
But eventho he is a shrink, which are supposed to be pplsmart and things like that, he always makes fun of things I seriously consider not to be funny. But that's all okie, this is what REALLY Bothers me:
As most of you know, I REALLY DON'T LIKE JOKES ABOUT Me and Storm, or Storm in particular, except when it comes up after along while of joking around a lot but not out of the blue. All my friends know this, they know I don't do that to them and they shouldn't do that to me, Dirk knows this as well, since we already had a fight about this

and still, even tho he is a bloody shrink he keeps doing it, so I am ATM very PISSED OFF AT HIM. not so much because he made the joke but because he KNEW I DIDN'T LIKE IT and that shows very lil respect IMO and a very big lack of intelligence

yerssot
perhaps he just did it to get you on your horse again

Fire
yea he didn't mean but imo that is BESIDES the point, the point is you don't do that to friends, you don't get them angry just for the sake of getting them angry. Every person has those "buttons" which you shouldn't push. CERTAINLY NOT FRIENDS

well Storm and My relationship to her, USUALY are my buttons.

yerssot
I noticed,
well, he'll have an explanation no?

Phoenix
Storm is SPECIAL!! No one should make jokes about her!

*fumes*

In addition, maybe your friend just wasn't thinking. I know it's not an excuse, but I often say things without thinking, so it can happen.

yerssot
I made jokes about her messed
well, just to test her

Fire
so far the only thing I get is: I didn't mean it like that, which is NO EXCUSE cause he shouldn't have said it. and I think you are taking this the wrong way, he KNEW I was gonna take it that way

Phoenix
Well, I suppose special people MAY be allowed to make jokies about others of their special kindred... but only in SPECIAL circumstances!

Storm
you' re so sweet Phoe
*hugs Phoe... hugs some more... and more*
but everyone is special imo

Fire
lol indeed Phoe there are certain ppl who are allowed to make jokes about it, but they know they are, and Dirk sure as hell knew he wasn't one of them.

Why I allow some to do that and some not to do that is very simple

it depends on the level of closeness, I am far closer to yerss and Pieter (my sis her BF) than I am to dirk

Phoenix
*hugs Fire, yerss and storm in big grouphug*

Phoenix
by the way, guys, the little messages above your avatars are so cute!

yerssot
yayy! grouphug smile

well, I'm sure things will work out fine in a few hours?

Fire
thank you phoe
yea group hug

yerss you know me too well, yes it will be solved, from my side within a few hours

storm ofc everyone is special, but not in that way

yerssot
I was hoping for a happy end fire wink

Storm
anyway http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/group.gif

Fire
ooh how cute

Dexx
the thing is....you have to analise every friend you have..and figure how they'd react in different situations.
When you see him reacting in a way you don't like, when you do a particular something, ask yourself this? "do i want to keep my friendship with this guy?" if the answer is yes....than don't expect him to change. Change the way YOU react to him.
IF no....than...no

SaTsuJiN
Maybe he's saying those things because he 'knows' it gets a rise out of you. So just ignore his stupid comments... or say something that gets a rise out of 'him' hehe

Fire
SatusJin: I dunno how you interact with your friends but I dont push my friends so far that they will become Pissed Off at me. cause I wouldn't like that and nor will they.

and dirk knows very well that he'll get me pissed off that way

dexx I do want to remain friends with him, and we still are friends.
However telling ppl they dont have to change, sorry buddy the how much you may like that to be the case, the world doesn't work that way
we are all influenced by the ppl we meet, ofc the degree to which we are influenced can change from person to person. Anyhow I don't want him to change a lot really, personaly dont saying those things to me is not something I call changing

yerssot
and ask him and he'll do it?

Dexx
than don't take what he says personally, and consider it his way of being.

Fire
lol I can take that personally and still be friends

as we did now smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.