Do you have aids?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Friend44
Hello fellow humans and others,

I wonder what the ratio for aids patients is?
I work for a branch of Bell Canada and we are about 300 to 400 in our building. Out of these 400 people I thought to myself there must be a few that have the disease with which I have had some doing. Now, I understand that these people would never say "I have aids". People still judge very much.
Anyhow, I was thinking that the daily life for these people must be very "special". We sometimes think we have problems and we complain. Last I saw a documentary, patients would have this "cocktail" (a mixture of numerous pills). If the patients even threw up one pill, he/she had to take all of the medication all over. The side-effects are terrible too. It was also mentionned that if you failed to take the med one day, the virus would develop a resistance against it... sad
Here is my personal thought though - the guy who f..cks here and there today, catches aids - good for him. I don't see how anyone in North America cannot be aware of this epidemic. What I really find sad are rape victims, and little kids who are born with it. I also have a thought for all these people in the early years of the disease who had blood transfusions and got the bug...
Questions? Answers?

silver_tears
this is indeed a very contraversial topic you started here erm

dave123
yes yep, it is

Friend44
I believe that all diseases from this Earth have a remedy on this Earth. In my book aids isn't at all from god, something to be ashamed of. I look at aids and I see it as cancer, leukemia - a disease that "accompanies" you for life. If people looked at aids like that it might help those who suffer from it.
Oh well, if we have a few cry babies again, the mod can just close this and I can still go for the lifetime achievement in closed threads... roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
so is there a cure for cancer then

Schizo_n_me
Sometimes it seems like there is no cure for stupidity on this island no

Friend44
(Is there a cure for cancer)

Well, that is a complex question. There are "cures" but there is not one cure. For example my dad's stepdad had some tumor on his arm. They removed it, he had some chemio and SHAZAM!
On the other hand my best friend's mom had lungs cancer. She lived five extra years fine. So, she had a "temporary" cure. In these five years a lot of healthy people died. Forever is today.
Some aids treatment will give some people a chance. We do not all have the same system that reacts the same way. I read that some people had sero-positiv and were never sick of it. That's one place where I ain't positive...

Fire
Friend normaly the UN their health department should have average infected numbers. if you look hard enough you should be able to find it.
ofc those are just estimates since they can't do a real count, logistics and stuff would get in the way of that.

however I don't think it's 1/400 in canada

(and no this is no pointless thread, nice going)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.