Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
i just got this game a few days ago. its so good. anyone else got it?
ive finished it already but i still need to unlock one more level - saurons palantir.

The Force
cool, does it come out for the GC

SilverFighter
The Xbox version is awesome!! THX sound and ROTK video game are meant for each other! THX ROCKS!! So far I'm trying to finish the Gandalf quest and then move to the Dead King quest.

Gandalf level 2
Sam level 2
Legolas level 2

Hegemon875
I'm going to get it this weekend!

The Force
confused so it's for all systems?

stinkfist462
dude im on the last level for aragorn... the blck gate.. and uhh the part where im sam trying to get frodo... not shelobs lair... ITS HARD AS HELL!!!!!

Tex
Yeah, its available for Gamecube.

I dont know, it looks like a Matrix Reloaded type game. confused

Rascal
I do not have the game but I want it. It looks like a really cool video game big grin

RHCP FREAK
The Return of the king for PS2 has to be the best game that I've played, which only took me 6 hours to beat. It took me 6 hours to beat it on both co-op and single player modes. Even though it was easy, I still think it is one of the best games of the year. The ROTK for Ps2 is definitely worth playing.

Tex
Merging threads...merged.

Mist
so what level characters are people up to?
legolas: 20
gandalf: 12
sam: 10
aragorn: 6
faramir: 4
merry: 4
pippin: 4
gimli: 6
frodo: 1

sith_darth_jay
need some help with gollum... i was bought the game and i haven't got time to play it, i'm in the last level and don't know what to do (probably cuz i played that level just twice)
plz help me

Darth Revan
Don't have it yet...I loved LOTR TTT though. Who else thinks it's weird that the game came out before the movie?

Obba
I am like an addict at this game. I had it the first day it came out. I have almost everyone on twenty except the hobbits:Merry,Pippin,Frodo,Sam. The rest are just on twenty. I think the graphics could have been a little better (the mouths don't move when they talk). When they allow different characters to play other missions, they don't reallly do a whole new story line. I expected a lot more out of it. But, I like how you could get like almost 7 more new characters than the TT. Need any help just ask.

sith_darth_jay
i meant to say "i just bought the game".....
anyway, i finish the game, i just need to unlock the last level

great game

Obba
I know, I meant anyone on anything in the game. big grin

el_barto
its realy fun big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Jedi Shmedi
I'm new here and I don't know if there is already a forum about this and if there is I'm really sorry.

Anyway, I posted this thread because I know how popular The Lord of the Rings is and just wanted to know what people think about the Lord of the Rings games. (since I'm a huge fan of the TT and RotK games for the consoles)

Thoughts, opinions, strategies, reviews, favorite parts, anything. big grin

Tex
You're so nice and polite, there already is a thread on this very topic, I'll just merge your thread with that one...no need to apologize. smile

Wow, all you other deviant hooligans could learn some manners from Jedi Shmedi, especially Mah stick out tongue

Jedi Shmedi
That's what happened! I look away for two seconds, and POOF! My thread's gone! Now that I found it, it's okay I'm merged with another thread. big grin

I guess I'll start a conversation. Any "War Stories"?

What I mean by that is, does anybody have any interesting stories they'd like to share that happened while playing a LotR game?

Example: You beat a boss by a fluke, you barely beat a level alive, you said #%&$@! I'll never beat this level!!!!, then went back and beat it?

Just curious. smile

DBZFan
OMG!! This game is so cool!!!! And the moves are so awsome!!!!!!

Corlindel
I bought it last week-end and I cant pass the Minas Tirith level with Gandalf...Anyone have some hints pls

Jedi Shmedi
One strategy that worked until I died, was to just avoid any combat and focus on just knocking down ladders when and wherever you see one. If you must, hit an orc just to get it out of your way.

Hope that helps.

Lag
I haven't played it yet so I'm just going to ask if they fixed the problem with the enemies that they had in Two Towers. What I mean is how when they started an attack nothing could stop them, you had to move or block, you couldn't get your move in so if there was more than one orc around you, you pretty much got your ass kicked.

Obba
I used a lot of Gandalf's Staff and Sword. Plus I had a lot of combos. You can also swing down onto a ledge to kick ladders and then get back up.

Corlindel
f*** I can survive only until the second Tower attack to Minas Tirith Walls...f***

And the Dead King. I can't defeat him. I have no problems with the dead soldiers but I have not enough health to kill Dead King..He is too strong.

Anyone knows some hints???

Jedi Shmedi
Can anybody tell me why Legolas has his Mirkwood bow in the game instead of his Lorien bow?

EricGH145
ok why the hell cant i hit gollum damnit i never effect his health and when he falls off the cliff he just climbs back up what do i do!

Bagtatta
I have a story...It's called, EA Sucks.

The games good and all, but Godamn EA is a group of cheap assholes. Every other system has multiplayer, EXCEPT For the computer, which is what I bought. GOD I HATE EA.

Yes, I know there's the Co-Ops, but no one does that shit. EA's living in the 90's when no one played games over the internet. Idiots.

wicker_man
Me and my College mate were playing co-op mode and it rocks although its a bit of a pity that the battle for Helms deep is only a one player, but never the less a very good game, i love the way the film clips merge with the game itself.

Mongoloid
can someone help me? i've won all the missions except cirith ungol and crack of doom. but the problem is cirith ungol !!! this mission cannot be started ?!?!?! sam is going down and down and never stop ...

Mist
you have to push him with a melee attack until he falls from the ledge. when he grabs on, slash his hands. do this about 5-6 times.

Mist
to destroy the second tower you have to shoot it. i couldnt get past this either until i found out you have to shoot it.

MorgulLord
here you can post help, cheats, hints, anything! Fav lvl, bad things, good things, nething!

sauron
good things- gaaandddaaaallllffff

bad things- you try and help the ents and they kill you big grin

cheats- www.supercheats.com stick out tongue

Orlando Bloom03
Nice sig...
Aren't I helpful?

MorgulLord
lol ye, the ents. and it annoys wen u fite esaterlings and thye jut u with pike and u fall over then u cnt get bk up sad

sauron
lol on the pellenor fields theres some easterlings who wont die!

OB33 whos got nice sig

Smodden
yeah when u cross over the field u can't tell what side ur on!! and then the oliphant comes...and u try to kill it ...then witchy comes and ur havin a panic atack and catapalts and easterlings, and orcses...!!!

MorgulLord
lol, hav u guys played Crak of doom as Gandalf (or ay character part from Frodo) when gollum attacks frodo, frodo dont apear so its jus gollum floating about like a Psycho

sauron
yeah lol gandy has frodos voice

yeah your trying to kill oliphaunts and bloody orcs come and stab you, then you get up kill em all and the mumakil is RIGHT next to merry and eowyn

then you try and kill it but wiki comes and starts attacking them too

MorgulLord
i wish thedy but siper rifles in game sniper

ATM4eternity
my opinion is under the "WK Helm" thread

nazgūl-lord
Ok don't tell me you haven't beat the game.
If you use legolas it's easy with his arrows .He shoots two at a time and a single shot kills any enemy!

Discos
back to the topic of the witchking, he is a damn rip off of sauron in the game and his maze looks terrible, it doesnt dangle and what not, when the hell did his maze stay straight as a lampost?

Minas Tirith with Gandalf has to be my favourite level, its such an annoying level keeping all the eagre bugger orcs off the wall and also getting to the top of the wall pillars to fire fire balls at the towers of Trolls!

Coming in 2nd is with Legolas at the Southern Gate (I think its the southern Gate), You can do this level with killing hundreds of orcs or by simply killing 12 (my lowest record).

Overall fav Character = Gandalf

Discos - ach, sauron you chose him first, must find a copyright firm around here

conway
sounds pretty cool,i dnt have the game,but theres a new one coming called the battle for middle earth or summin,it will be coming in june/july when the dvd/vhs comes out

Lord_Andres
Gandlaf sure beats the shit out of everytyhing that comes in range, Aragorn is pretty good too, Gimli sucks, so dose the hobbits laughing out loud faramir and Legolas are good too, I love the courtyrad level, and the black gate I beat the game in 3 days big grin

Smodden
3 days! it took me a week

ATM4eternity
battle for middle earth looks like it will either be awesome or be a flop, i am definently hoping for awesome cause thats the kind of game ive been waiting for

Lord_Andres
do you have any screenshots??

ATM4eternity
go to this site: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/battleformiddleearth/index.html

it has a lot of stuff aobut the game

Lord_Andres
Thx, looks awsome big grin

IcepicK
I want to get the ame in XBOX big grin very soon probably

Exa
Dont have the game myself, but my brother plays it all the time and I watched a little... GREAT graphics... excellent game.

airangel429
Please don't post URL's, I've pm'd Kit so that he can EDIT it out!!! When we get URL's into this site it brings viruses and other server probs. It's a policy here at KMC.

Air Angel

Exa
No... Urls? messed messed messed

Ushgarak
Moving...

airangel429
embarrasment my bad...I meant the spam url's.... sorry!!! I misunderstood something I read the other day.

Lord_Andres
I doubt that , that page has any viruses

conway
nah ps2 rules no arguing! lol

mors823
On the Walls of Minas Tirth, when the third tower comes and you fire the catapult at it, a Nazgul appears and you can kill it. If you do, it com crashing down on the far right towr, blocking your path to the last sig tower. Use th grapling hooks to cross th rubble. If you don't kill it and fire th catapult a second time, it will reappear and grab one on the men. Kind of fun to watch. A nic tip for this lvl, when the last tower comes, let th uruks climb out for a bit, thn use Gandalf's shield and charge in and kill everything. Very easy to perfct mode.
Another easy lvl for gtting a perfect ranking is Cirith Ungol. Just be in perfect mode before you do something that causes mass destruction.
The game is really great, but there ar som obvious differncs. The main example is Grond. In the game, its just a simple ram, but in the movie, it's a firey headpiece that looks cool. The game was great, but it should hav shown mor scenes for RotK. Can't think of anymore to say for now. Will reply after there are more replies to this.

Mist
Grond?
i had to uninstall it cause i ran out of harddrive space and i had to install other stuff!sad

now my cd wont install again!!! sad
(yes, its a burnt cd.......what????....im 'borrowing' it from a friend!.....honest!......)

Mist
best level is the south gate....so many orcs to kill......

Corlindel
And I cant win the Death King mad I killed him but after I am always killed by the orcs when I am trying to escape the cave sad

Raventheonly
I beat the game in like four days totally. The best sword game ever. Thats all i got to say. big grin

Jedi Shmedi
For what platform do you have RoTK Raven?

jedianakinsolo
Hi all. This is my first post here, so um..... finish reading it pls. I need help on the Black Gate. I can get all the way to the halfway point, where they start swarming in on all sides, but then I die, because those bosses seem more invincible and gang up on me. Any help at all? Pls reply.

2nd question: You guys know of a central Rotk community?

P.S. I have it for PC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.